Close
One second...

how much do you use the Skip This Without Scoring button?

I tend to vote on everything, good and bad.

I've also felt like I must be a jerk, since my average vote seems lower than a lot of people's average vote.

But maybe I don't use the Skip button when I should...

Watch this
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

2.10 is reasonable considering the quality of most subs. i barely touch the Skip button unless something really confuses me and i want to look into it before judging.

psherman42

I think I might have used it once a few years ago.

skindapple

never. but not to be rude...3,700 subs scored is not that many in 4 years. you have helped a lot of designs get printed though, so you must score the subs you like or think might print. i seem to score higher than most, i guess because i try to acknowledge their effort even if i know it has no chance at getting printed. but don't get me wrong, i still give some subs 0's or 1's.

bygrinstow
bygrinstow profile pic Alumni

Yeah, it's not a lot of designs scored is it? Still, the first year or two of having an account, I can't say I did very much with it...

If the comments here could be considered a majority, I guess I'm in with the majority of folks -- we don't use the Skip button.

inkdummy
inkdummy profile pic Alumni

I use it whenever I have a design in the running and want to check out the competition without being biased. If I stumble across something awesome that I'd score a 5 and $ however, or a 4, I do score. But anythintg below that I feel deserves a second glance with unbiased eyes, so whenever I get a chance I try to score them accordingly.

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

2.1 isn't much lower than the average vote, if it is lower. pretty sure most people average in the 2's

i usually skip voting on the worst of designs, because they shouldn't have been accepted for approval in the first place

bygrinstow

Since they've set up the reveal for after you vote, telling you what the score currently is, I find I'm most often pretty darn close to the average.

I do find a lot of what gets printed has somehow completely escaped me, like I'm voting in a parallel universe almost...

skindapple

do you think that average scores are getting lower and lower due to the scores being revealed? only asking because now people can follow the average by clicking the back button and re-scoring it to fall in line with the average...followers sadly don't like to lead and would rather follow the masses with no reason at all.

aNonnymouse

Never.

But sometimes I close the tab in frustration.

bygrinstow

aNonnymouse on Jul 31 '11 at 7:28pm ...sometimes I close the tab in frustration.

Amen.

nasmo
nasmo profile pic Alumni

Every once in a while. Usually when I suspect something might be plagiarized, but I don't have any hard evidence.

jmeaspls

While powerscoring, I realized I use it another time...when I don't get joke references, like this:

whats it referencing?!

Adhesive_Hippo

Gandalf's line "You shall not pass" combined with the double lines in traffic that means don't pass. When it's a dotted line, you can pass.

jmeaspls

ahh, of course, traffic lines. thanks hippo

taz-pie

never, unless i suspect plagiarism and need further proof. then i zero dat ass

mullmuggins

I only use it if the image doesn't load, which happens a bit more frequently these days.

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

With Powerscore I click on the next design. Lets me come back to it later, 'cause I find hitting the Skip button somehow counts it as a score (or at least for me, skipped designs don't show up when I do Show Me Designs That I Haven't Yet Scored).

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

mullmuggins on Aug 01 '11 at 3:27am I only use it if the image doesn't load, which happens a bit more frequently these days.

Also if you skip they only keep coming back again!

d3d on Jul 31 '11 at 4:34pm 2.10 is reasonable considering the quality of most subs.

I'm on 2.23 and falling :)

Boycey

Hardly ever, I might skip it if I just generally really dislike it, but I think that other people might enjoy it. Or if it's referencing a TV show I haven't seen.

Manupix

The Paper Crane Also if you skip they only keep coming back again!

This is why I almost never use it. Annoying!

bygrinstow

Lahar on Aug 01 '11 at 5:31am ...hitting the Skip button somehow counts it as a score (or at least for me, skipped designs don't show up when I do Show Me Designs That I Haven't Yet Scored).

Really? Good to know.

No account?
Join Us