Close
One second...

This gives me the creeps.

Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'.

I woke up at 3am recently to a raging storm that seemed to mark the arrival of the apocalypse. It wasn't the storm that woke me up, it was my iPod. It was charging in its speaker dock thingie, when it turned on all by itself and started playing 'Jolene' at full volume. There's nothing inherently creepy about the song, but when it's playing full blast at 3am during a violent storm, the only thing missing is a deranged serial killer hovering over you, fuuuuuu!

The Cure's video for 'Lullaby'

The video accurately shows what I believe all spiders are capable of, even the tiny zebra-striped ones. Fuck you, spiders.

The only thing creepier for me would be watching 'Lullaby' but hearing 'Jolene'.

shivers

What are your creeps, and have you ever gotten over them?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
rhythmdev9

This has nothing to do with crepes. I feel cheated.

Manupix
1 design submitted -

squintygirl

Crepes are always welcome.

Why are you crying, spider, YOU STARTED IT!

taz-pie

speaking of ipods, does anyone else find that the shuffle function plays a lot of the same songs over and over again?

mullmuggins

Oh man, that does sound creepy!

squintygirl

Two of my co-workers find birds, pigeons in particular, very creepy. I don't know how they venture outside at all.

Brightwood
Brightwood profile pic Alumni

Men who look too long at my 5 year old daughter. First the creeps. Then mother lion kill mode!

taz-pie

freak out mode! if i had a kid and any dude looked at them for longer than a microsecond i would rip his ballz off.

Brightwood

I've gone verbal on more than one. Been told to chill. That is not a chill moment.

Brightwood

This topic reminded me of sub I hadn't finished. I posted it. Any help naming it? (sorry, hope that is not a spam grab Michelle.)

squintygirl

I've got lioness claws, too. Funny enough, my daughter's are worse than mine and she's only 3. I admire her sass.

Brightwood

Sass is good. Sass is strong! I like Sass. My little one has it with me, but is timid with the world. Must work on that.

squintygirl

I find close-talkers creepy. I like to keep my personal space free of other persons, other than myself.

Chipmnk

Yikes!

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

I occasionally have dreams so vivid I wake up in a cold sweat. The weirdest was a dream I had in my 20s. I was going to the bathroom in a flat I used to rent in the dead of night. I noticed a cat in the hall way by the toilet (I've never owned a cat). As I walked slowly in to the toilet I noticed my reflection in the mirror opposite was moving differently to me. I turn towards the mirror and see a bald headed demon looking back smiling.

That freaked the shit out of me.

The most recent involved talking to my wife in a half sleep, just murmuring to each other, then she leans up on one elbow to look down at me, I turn and see this completely different woman about a few inches from my face.

That freaked me so bad, I refused to get back into bed for a while after I bolted out of it.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Holy schmidt Gar0, those dreams sound freaky.

I also have super vivid dreams that creep me out.

The creepiest, most horrible, life altering thing I ever heard was when I was in the hospital, with my sick son, and I heard the gut-wrenching sound of a mother screaming the moment her child died in a room down the hallway. Just thinking about it makes the hair on neck and head stand on end.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I did not mean to depress anyone; it was the creepiest thing I ever heard and I have not gotten over it.

squintygirl

I remember when I moved into my current home, being creeped out by our neighbour's dog crying all night. I swear, it sounded just like a child.

squintygirl

Conversely, I sound like a dog when I cry. Also creepy.

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

Hospitals at night are creepy. People have died in there and stuff. D:

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

Hmm...I don't think I consider anything creepy...besides creepy dudes. They're creepy.

aNonnymouse

I hate when I'm out with my UNDERAGE sister and I hear icky men saying icky things about her. It's creepy and it fills me with defensive rage.

Chipmnk

Late at night, you're alone in your house and you hear a tapping sound coming from somewhere but you're not sure where but you think it's coming from outside but all your window shades are drawn so you walk over and open them up slowly and wipe the fog from the window and look out and you see someone's eyes staring back at you.

Chipmnk

Did you get goosebumps?

squintygirl

Did he have a hook for a hand?

myteemo

Long fingernails creep me out.

Also, drawn on eyebrows

Acid Keg Industries

Michele Bachman and her whole "We fucked up the eyes on this model Stepford Wife" look.

Mat Pringle
Mat Pringle profile pic Alumni

Old women crying in bushes in spooky woods.

I have experienced this first hand and it still haunts me.

myteemo

I'm afraid to ask why an old women might be crying in bush...in the woods.

Chipmnk

For privacy, of course!

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Snakes creep me out, also people watching me when I'm at work creeps me out really bad.

Manupix
1 design submitted -

Mat Pringle on Jul 28 '11 at 6:42pm Old women crying in bushes in spooky woods. I have experienced this first hand and it still haunts me.

Do tell!

Twiggyhall

Nightmares and right after waking from nightmares is the worst :( I have super bad ones often and they always feel really real. Scott has to wake me up from them sometimes.

"Rape vans" with dudes just sitting in them.

Doing yardwork and having a creepy-crawley pop up unexpectedly.

shudder, shudder

Twiggyhall

having a creepy-crawley pop up unexpectedly

My dirty mind also realizes this can be a very good thing in the right setting wink, nudge

littlem

i don't like maggots or wormy things, in general, which is odd...

nevermind

aNonnymouse

"Rape vans" with dudes just sitting in them.

Also pedomobiles. You know, those vans or station wagons hand-painted with stuff like smiley faces and stick people all over it willy nilly.

Twiggyhall

In one of my nightmares, the world ended at exactly 3:00 am.

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

Oh I lied, long nails creep me out too. How do they wipe?

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

At my parents house, when I was in high school, sometimes I'd be watching TV way into the night, like 2, 3, 4 AM, and the phone would ring. In the middle of the night. Just once. This happened maybe a handful of times. I can't remember if I ever answered, or if the phone always rang after I shut the TV off, but I think it did.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Also, long pointy nosed masks freak me out, and movie scenes where eyeballs suddenly bulge out.

tjc45

TELL US ABOUT THE LADY IN THE BUSH

Mat Pringle

The lady was in the bush crying!

See how I built up the suspense there with masterful story-telling?

My childhood home was near a huge mental asylum called Cane Hill and during the eighties there was a badly conceived decision to try and reestablish the less mental patients back into society basically by forcing them out of the asylum everyday. What would then happen is my little town would be chock full of crazies.

Anyway I it was about eight in the evening and I happened to see this old lady walking up into a wood area nearby my house. This struck me as very unusual what with it being located on a native-american burial ground and obviously haunted. I waited sometime and she didn't seem to be leaving - by this point it was more like nine or so and getting dark - so I decided I ought to go and see if she was okay. I stumbled up into the woods through the woods in the dark to see if she was still around until I eventually came to a clearing and I stood still to see if I could hear anything. Over in the far corner there was a small conifer type bush and I could hear an odd noise and some rustling so I carefully crept up to see what it was. I pulled the branches back to find an old woman of around 70 or so dressed in her white old fashioned nightie curled up in a ball in a kind of natural nest rocking backwards and forwards crying to herself. By this point I was inexplicably about a metre from her face so needless to say I did a little audible whimper/scream, turn-tailed and legged it the fuck out of there. I told my mum who rang the police and then she headed up to have a look but couldn't see the woman.

So there you go - the lady in the bush in the woods. Ever since then I've been a bit scared of old women, curled up in their nighties, crying in small natural shelters in woodland areas.

Chipmnk

Maybe...she didn't actually exist.

Mat Pringle

Are you saying I imagined her? Or that she was a g-g-g-g-g-ghost?

taz-pie

what a freaky story! i would've wet myself.

squintygirl

I think I just peed a little.

squintygirl

Awesome way to start a new page.

slow claps

taz-pie

bahahaha michelle :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us