Watch this
kumico

D: awful

freehand
freehand profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

@kumico: Well, I won and you didn't ;-)

Kafuffin

I love it! My kids and I are huge fans of Phineas and Ferb. Gimmie a month and I'll grab it for back to school (yay for Kindergarten!).

Zachonium

Is there a link to the original design?

A.L. Silver

Not a fan of Phineas of Ferb but this actually looks perfect for the kiddies.

TastyCrisp

I get the feeling Disney have not approved this...lawsuit incoming?

Nice.s.t.e.e.

how is it not legal when the contest was done with show's permission...

InvisibleNinja

Legal as in they decapitated a person. You sure do know whats going on in my head right? No.

Zachonium

Which contest was this created for? There doesn't appear to be a link to anything.

InvisibleNinja

Where be the link to the original design kind sir? Man I need more butterbeer...

TastyCrisp

Hmmm I see...I think Threadless need to make a point of showing if a shirt is based on a sponsored competition. I was not aware of this related competition so therefore assumed a design was being used fraudulently.

Fender2k4

I don't see how this got printed. Nice concept, but in my opinion it hinges too much on the popularity and artwork of the show, and not so much on the art and abilities of the artist. Where does one draw the line? Sure there have been shirts based on pop culture properties on here before, but the art has been altered or played upon significantly enough for the artist to be able to call it their own. I'm not so sure in this case. But hey, I don't have to buy it, so it's all good.

freehand says: "Well, I won and you didn't ;-)"

Real classy dude.

amanitium

I was about to love this design when i read the designer's "Well, I won and you didn't ;-)" comment. Sorry Threadless, no 20$ from me for this one.

adorpheus

I'm a little surprised this won if I'm being honest...

Zachonium

I don't remember there being a Disney child's show specific design contests, and hardly believe a simple image of a character would be chosen as the winner.

Still, I would like to see the original submission and its reactions, because this has me confused.

Brightwood
Brightwood profile pic Alumni

I love it. Smart Simplicity wins. yay!

Leo Canham
Leo Canham profile pic Alumni

congrats on the print

dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni

congrats!!!!

Zachonium

This does not show up under the designers designs.

I would like to know where it came from and when it was voted on.

InvisibleNinja

I agree with the sane people... Zachonium I think all the designs for the Cartoon are underneath the "atrium" There are sadly much better designs then this one.(in my opinion) Not sure how they were picked. But here are the sats:2.83 was the average score. 237 scores 46 fives 75 ones.

This one I loved: http://atrium.threadless.com/phineasandferb/submission/688/

Would not rip on this design as much if the designer would have been a bit more humble. "Well, I won and you didn't ;-) "

Zachonium

Thanks InvisibleNinja, I found it.

Still kind of baffled, but oh well...

Fender2k4

@InvisibleNinja, for someone who just won $2500, being more humble would have been appreciated, not being a douche should be expected.

extant59

wow. almost bought this... too bad someone is a little douche about winning.

freehand
1 design submitted -

Hey, I'm not douche about winning. I just replied to someone saying "awful", which I think wasn't a nice comment. And we're supposed to say somethin' nice here, right? ;-)

OK, I'm sure this design didn't win the Phineas and Ferb challenge because it's great art. Maybe Disney and Threadless think it's an awesome idea and wish to reward that. Phineas' head is drawn very simple to support the basic idea – a lot of details just wouldn't fit in here.

I respect your likes and dislikes, and I'm really sorry that I have obviously offended some of you. Buy if you like. Pease to all :-)

djs18

Nice, that's cool looking@freehand :)

phyllisa

chill peeps. if you like the design, buy it. if you don't like it, then don't buy it. the voting was for threadless t-shirt designs, not for the next President nor for Miss Congeniality.

thequeenofneverwas

i really don't even like this show, why would they want to have a tee for it on threadless? i don't get it.

MikeMurrayFTW

@thequeenofneverwas Because you're not the only person Threadless caters for? I'm sure if you ask really nicely they'll make a shirt just for you.

orejo

"Well, I won and you didn't "... nice winning quote... NOT!! I voted 5 for you.. I expected a little more humble from the winner. Not buying this, sorry Threadless.

katira8

IT'S PHINEAS!!!!! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

Congrats on the print, freehand!

paprixer

He won and I didn't. I think that's the message we should be taking away from this design.

freehand
1 design submitted -

This is my design...

Hey, "Well, I won and you didn't ;-)" was NOT my winning quote!!! I just replied to someone saying "awful", which I think wasn't a nice initial comment. And we're supposed to say somethin' nice here, right? ;-)

OK, I'm sure this design didn't win the Phineas and Ferb challenge because it's great art. Maybe Disney and Threadless think it's an awesome idea and wish to reward that. Phineas' head is drawn very simple to support the basic idea – a lot of details just wouldn't fit in here.

I respect your likes and dislikes, and I'm really sorry that I have obviously offended some of you. Buy if you like. Peace to all :-)

@authororejodate: "Well, I won and you didn't "... nice winning quote... NOT!! I voted 5 for you.. I expected a little more humble from the winner. Not buying this, sorry Threadless.

freehand
1 design submitted -

This is my design...

Hey, "Well, I won and you didn't ;-)" was NOT my winning quote!!! I just replied to someone saying "awful", which I think wasn't a nice initial comment. And we're supposed to say somethin' nice here, right? ;-)

I respect your likes and dislikes, and I'm really sorry that I have obviously offended some of you. Buy if you like. Peace to all :-)

@authororejodate: "Well, I won and you didn't "... nice winning quote... NOT!! I voted 5 for you.. I expected a little more humble from the winner. Not buying this, sorry Threadless.

madibeancutie

People, stop being so offended by him. He was replying to a comment. And he used a winking face. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS????? If he was serious, I could understand you hating him, but he was joking around. You would be offended too if someone called your design that you worked hard on "awful."

rairaiken

oh u people react too much. do u base ur decisions behind some petty reasons? do u buy apple products because u like the inventors? have u met them in person? do u go to facebook because u like the owner? heck, u dont. so stop whining!!!! threadless or the designer will not lose anything if u dont buy this design.

orejo

You know what dude? You´re right, sorry if I was rude.. Maybe because all of us wanted to win so bad, when we saw the result we freaked out. You really deserve the price, as I told you before, I voted 5 for you. Of course I wanted to win.. but if not, its good to see that the winner was a good design. I apologize again, congrats.

sundaylunch

how cute! my brother and I love Phineas and Ferb c: this is such an adorable and clever design XD definitely considering getting it for him for his birthday~

dampa
dampa profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

this is really great!

kay484

I wish Ferb were somewhere on here, too =P

ohmandd

I want this (Perfect Geometry) shirt in a different color (Brown or black); is that possible?

gary6

where's perry?

adzfar

Reprint please!

mrsjohnmurphy

REPRINT in adult sizes!!!!

ReighnVayle

i know what i wanna buy today..

No account?
Join Us