Close
One second...

Tumblr Promo Thread

Hey yo. So, as you may or may not know - Tumblr is an awesome (and I think increasingly invaluable) tool for artists. Not just in gathering random shit that you fund amusing and/or inspiring, but in getting your work seen and promoted and correctly credited.

We've been working on growing the Threadless Tumblr (threadlessrules.com) to act as a showcase for Threadless artists and that's been coming along great with post now regularly appearing on theTumblr Explore page.

I know there are a fair few community members on Tumblr now so I figure why not have a blog to let Thread peeps know when you post something Threadless related. I'm thinking specifically about your new submissions. This will give people a chance to like and/or reblog your posts and if we think it's right for the Threadless Tumblr, we'll reblog it there. Please understand, we can like all of your submissions, but we can't reblog everything and it's important for us to predominantly post stuff ourselves rather than reblog in order to continue to grow :)

So yeah. When you post something Threadlessy - link to it here and give the community a chance to support it. Go community! hand in middle

PRO TIPS:

Hold your horses!: Post your design once it is up for voting. This will generate meaningful traffic and will give people an opportunity to vote on your design when they see it on Tumblr.

Link to your submission page: Grab the url (add your Street Team code if you're clever!) and make the image 'click-through link' that url destination. Also drop the same url link in the field on the right hand side panel that says 'content source'. Then when you add tags, remember to tag 'threadless' and it will appear as the threadless logo in the tags list. Also makes it easy for the Threadless Tumblr team to find stuff to like and reblog. :)

Tag!: Tag like you've never tagged before. The editors on Tumblr search for the best stuff to reblog and feature on Tumblr using the tags that people apply to their posts. The key tags you should consider using are: #Threadless #illustration #design #art #LOL (if it's funny!) #comics (if it's a comic reference) #gaming (if it's a gaming reference) #film (you get the idea)

All of the prominent tag topics can be found on the Explore page: http://www.tumblr.com/explore

So familiarise yourself with the popular tags and figure out which of those your design might fall into to give it a better chance of being featured.

Also - I would recommend tagging your own name (or avatar name). This makes it easier to track stuff about you that is posted and also makes it easier for people to find the originating artist.

Presentation: Rather than simply posting your Threadless submission image with the placement on the tee, you would be much better off creating an image that shows only your design. It will look much prettier. By all means mention that it is a design submitted to Threadless but don't just put your submission image on Tumblr. We usually check to see if people have an individual image of their design on their Flickr before we post it on the Threadless Tumblr.

Erm. That is all for now. Good luck!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 19
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. 27
  11. ... 31
Tom Henderson

Hey, check out my Totoro design. You can vote for it now, but do it quick, time is running out! Vote here. Tumblr

soloyo-collabs

yup, we need a how to post your image

soloyo-collabs

![medicinal Marijuana][1]

[1]: http://

soloyo-collabs

Ok, maybe this will work: . . .

Collab with V. Calahan . Medicinal Marijuana . .

stoner_dan

So here it is....I reblog a lot of art and stuff....But I do post projects and stuff (Im a web designer/ developer)

stoner_dan

So here it is....I reblog a lot of art and stuff....But I do post projects and stuff (Im a web designer/ developer)

stoner_dan

stoner_dan

stoner_dan

stoner_dan

soloyo-collabs

Collab with parallelish aka Evan Hinkelman I an a writer because I cannot draw .

TheInfamousBaka

Here's another one, I promise I won't post every single thing I do!

I'll take any help I can get, Threadless!

soloyo-collabs

Born to be Wild Collab with Theo86

ellygeh

Weird, it worked on the preview but not on the post! Anyway, there:

spacesick

hello everyone. not sure if this blog gets use anymore but I have one up for a few more days.

soloyo-collabs

BEER RUN

collab with quick-brown-fox . .

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

I haven't seen any college designs on the Thread; here is an option:

Linkie-poo

Thanks for considering.

JIMDAHOUSECAT

Please can you add my design to the Tumblr page. pretty please with sugar on top.

You Only Live Once:

JIMDAHOUSECAT

whoops made a mistake.... here we go.

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

Thanks for posting my Georgia design, much appreciated.

ecsu

rvoxie

Cool, here's mine! Will start following others as well. vxs_tmblr

AlanBao

Hey, is it just me, or does Threadless remove all links back to the original artist's Tumblr when they reblog something? What's up with that?

pyr4lis

My Tumbler! - http://pyr4lis.tumblr.com/

Sorry with the new blogs I can't figure out how to make the image a click through link directly to tumblr

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 19
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. 27
  11. ... 31