Close
One second...

One Summer

• by cadeia
  • posted May 18, 2011
  • 54 Comments

When I was a kid, I'd go biking around the village every day of the summer. I'd see my shadow on the ground or in the walls I zoomed past and in my mind there were rockets and cars and things.rnrnThere's no limit to a child's imagination.

Watch this
cadeia

When I was a kid, I'd go biking around the village every day of the summer. I'd see my shadow on the ground or in the walls I zoomed past and in my mind there were rockets and cars and things.rnrnThere's no limit to a child's imagination.

amiosa

cool!

bethsobel
bethsobel profile pic Alumni

Nice!

TeoZ
TeoZ profile pic Alumni

great!

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

◠‿◠✿

Wylie Knowords

Ray Bradbury wrote stories.....your fantastic drawing makes me remember them. I can see a chrldren's picture book of these with or without stores. Reminds me of the New Yorker artwork. I wish I could draw as well as you.

So who doesn't love children and imaginations and shadows. Will be looking for your work. Sorry can't give you a 10.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Super nice illustration.

Wylie Knowords

So you want to be a rocket scientist. Send this print to a few famous rocket scientists and they will help you. Good luck. (Nice to go to your site and see where you got the rocket shadow.)

Do more shadow art.

cadeia

thanks guys :)

kchoa

this is awesome!!

mightymuffin

this is really nice but your perspective is off... sorry

cadeia

thanks :), will pay more attention to the perspective next time.

cadeia

thanks :), will pay more attention to the perspective next time.

dantipolo

nice one! all the best.!

morozinka1

I remember this from critiques! very nice!

cadeia

thanks! :)

worstcaseex

oh i love this!

Very creative design!

cadeia

thanks guys :)

Wilfur

Very nice concept~ love it~

Bmil

Screw the perspective! The kid's day dreaming.

Bmil

Nice work Lexy! :D

siamak_pj

well done!

cadeia

Thanks so much guys! :)

ayumifujita

great concept! love it!

heatherzandradesigns

Wow your first sub?! I'm extremely impressed. The placement and the concept are awesome! I look forward to seeing more of your work on here!

cadeia

@ayumifujita - thanks!! :)

@heatherzandradesigns - thanks! I like your style and i'm gonna keep an eye out for yours too.

cadeia

muchos gracias :)

Olimpus

Nice tribute to children imagination!

cadeia

Thanks deep space monkey and olympus :)

mirona_palcu

My nephew would love this tee! $

AweAndWonder

lol So cute! Love it! However... The perspective is off a bit like mightymuffin said. You might already know this, but the way we did it in art class is that we place a dot in the middle of a page to designate the vanishing point, then draw a horizontal line through it (cutting the page in half) as the horizon. Then we'd draw the shapes around the page and draw lines from the corners of the shapes to the vanishing point. Then we'd cut off our newly created 3D shapes wherever we want. You probably already know this, but I just wanted to share that tidbit.

And another thing that bothers me is how the rest of the space is empty and uncolored. Perhaps a couple small background details would be a nice touch? Like grass or carpet? I can also see how the excess space gives it a childish feel, but I can't help but shake off that feeling...

Anyway, I give this a 4. Love the idea. And the shadow is cool.

yongwei

lovely ~

cadeia

@AweAndWonder - Thanks! i'm gonna keep that tidbit in mind once i get started on my next design.

@Gottadoodle & yongwei - Thanks! :)

Bmil

I'm sorry but you know what. The lack of colors on this piece might be a good thing. It says how the child's life is dull thus escaping into his imagination. Hot summer day, nothing to do, great depression ring a bell, or scenes from a science fiction movie near areas affected by the atomic bomb.

bigwhereitcounts

I absolutely love this t-shirt. It captures the essence of childhood. This could even spring a series. The kid's in the front yard but his shadow is a super hero. The kid's playing football in his back yard but there's stadium lights over the fence. Lots of potential for a simple idea. I'm broke, but I'd splurge for this T.

cadeia

@Bmil - Reading what you said makes me think of Grave of the Fireflies for some reason. It's nice that some people find the sadness to it too. A lot of people look at in a positive tone and I kinda wanted it to be that way too cause this is meant for somebody. But its refreshing for someone too see a different side to it.

@bigwhereitcounts - Thanks! :) Because of what you said, I might expound more on this idea. :D

@Ernesto.cam - Thank you!

BaronVonMonkey
BaronVonMonkey profile pic Alumni

Would be awesome on a kids tee

cadeia

@digo_c - thanks :)

@BaronVonMonkey - Thanks :) i have a little brother and i'd love for him to wear this.

Poqotows

AWESOME!! Would love to wear this!

I agree with Baron, this would look fucking great on a kids tee.

$5!!

cadeia

thanks poqotows!

dampa
dampa profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

great concept!

cadeia

Thanks! :)

No account?
Join Us