2. 7
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

They wouldn't have to make origin stories for everyone, but I'd assume a bulk of the audience that saw The Avengers went because they saw liked the Iron Man movies. It's not really audiences not knowing anyone as much as having a reason to watch it. If those movies didn't matter, Captain America would be at the front of the posters and not Iron Man.

mike bautista

And let's be honest, who the heck knew Iron Man before his movies came out?

littlem

i just popped-in here to tell youz guyz that i love you.

Omair

hey girl hey!

I watched Year one and JL: Doom finally. I liked Year One because of cranston, I liked that it was more about Jim Gordon's first year as comissioner rather than Bruce Wayne's first year as batman. I never read that comic, now I definitely want to, and also to read more BATMANNNNNN. JL: doom made me feel the same way after watching it, it made me want to read more Justice League stories.

mike bautista

Year One is a good read. I didn't watch the adaptation yet, but from what you said, it looks like they followed the book closely.

Chipmnk

♥Annie♥

Year One is great. I wasn't a fan of Benjamin McKenzie as Bruce Wayne. I know he was trying to go for dark, but the result was stilted and robotic. Bryan Cranston made up for everything though.

Omair

For some reason I thought that batman peed his pants in Year One, but I think that I had that mixed up with something else. I was like "where the fuck is the urine scene?"

Chipmnk

You had that mixed up with my life.

Omair

Apparently that's just something Kevin Smith made up in a comic depicting the scene where he drops in on a rich people banquet.

mike bautista

you got it mixed up with YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH MEE

Chipmnk

Not unless you like HOTZPACHO.

SJ27

mike bautista on Jun 10 '12 at 1:06pm And let's be honest, who the heck knew Iron Man before his movies came out?

That's the difference right there. Everybody knows Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman already, so they're already at that stage that Avengers had to work towards.

I think they're in a better position to start with, and also a riskier position if they were to make a bunch of lead-in movies that flop. They'd probably be in an even better position if they could start completely fresh. If people can't get their heads around it being a rebooted Batman, Dark Knight could work against it because people might expect it to be a lead up. And if Man of Steel is a bust, that'll really make it suck.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

also, has anyone been reading many comics? I've kind of gone deep into the comix zone lately and I gotta say there are some great ones. This month's issue of Swamp Thing is so nice to look at. sexy colors. Also, the prequel to Watchmen (UH OH!!!), Minutemen, is really nice looking and pretty well written too.

Omair

I haven't read any comics in forever, I actually was planning on picking up Batman: Court of Owls volume 1 or whatever, it would be my first reboot DC comic.

Chipmnk

I wish I read more comics. For the record, most of my comic knowledge comes for scant glances through comics, online research, and watching so many cartoons.

Omair

Yeah, I haven't bought a superhero comic since like 2010.

mike bautista

The only comics I'm keeping up on are Prophet and Adventure Time. Swamp Thing sounds good. If I had more cash I'd read more. I always feel weird reading a comic all the way through in stores.

Omair

That's bad and you should feel bad.

Chipmnk

Yo, Brad isn't down for that kind of thing.

Chipmnk

I'm rewatching Teen Titans out of order. It's sad that Starfire is the way she is now in the new 52.

Omair

who here has watched Superhero Squad? What exactly is the target audience for that show? Idkidkidkidkidkidkidk

Chipmnk

Superman vs. The Elite was pretty cool. It was jarring at first, but then I realized it was PG-13.

Omair

Yeah I'm still working on it. Started watching it before work but didn't finish it.

I absolutely love the animation style. Superman looks so goot. I really liked the way the cartoon before the actual movie started was, so anime/rocky and bullwinkle cool.

I also really liked the kinda 90s punk intro thing they had going on at the beginning, it was really different and really works with the kind of tone the story is setting.

Chipmnk

Yeah, that was one of the cooler intros for these DCAU movies. It was definitely playing off the nostalgia and "changing times" theme of the story.

I'm definitely becoming more of a Superman fan.

Omair

yo me tooooooo

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

I finally gave batman the brave and the bold another shot. Not toooo bad. Im enjoying it enough, not blowing my mind though

Chipmnk

In other words, Omair was wrong.

I've been watching the Superman TAS on and off the past few weeks. Definitely different from the Batman TAS. The creators had to significantly dumb down Superman's powers. It's still pretty fun though.

Omair

No way, I wasn't wrong! It's not the best batman series, but they cover a lot of broad topics and it's a good segue into learning about lesser known DC heroes. But, yeah it's super light as compared to other DC stuff. It's definitely more closer to the 70s era batman than the darker, more serious modern iterations of him though. I think if you go into it expecting it to be similar to TAS you're going to be disappointed, definitely. It's not for everyone, and it definitely doesn't have as much finesse as Teen Titans, but it's not too bad.

Chipmnk

Speaking of, Teen Titans Go! is happening soon.

Omair

ah mane, I haven't been watching any of that DC nation stuff.

I watched the dark knight returns part 1 and it wasn't that great. They tried too hard to animate it in a style similar to the comic and it just ends up looking really bland and low quality. Also, it's weird hearing some of the dialogue from the comics being spoken out loud. But, the fight scenes are pretty cool to see played out. I gotta see part 2, i think it's out already.

Chipmnk

Oh yeah, I still haven't caught that. I feel like Mike said it sucked so I didn't bother.

Chipmnk

I feel like Mike.

Omair

I feel like friends.

Chipmnk

DEFINITELY.

jublin

young justice was pretty cool and was becoming a nice alternative to JLU but it's not getting renewed so there are only a couple of eps left, I think.

Omair

WHAT

THIS IS

THE WOERST

Omair

WHAT

THIS IS

THE WOERST

Chipmnk

Christoph Woerst.

Chipmnk

I'm pretty bummed about Young Justice not getting renewed. It's pretty dang cool. And it has Nightwing. NIGHTWING.

Chipmnk

Also, Blue Beetle is pretty cool, but he can only shoot soundwaves and giant staples.

jublin

I guess ever since the new CN schedule was released (about 3 weeks ago?) every post on the Cartoon Network facebook page is spam ambushed with people complaining about canceling YJ and the Green Lantern series.

mike bautista

I never saw DKR yet. it looked kinda bad. I'll give it a shot maybe?

I saw Year One though. that was bad.

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

Duuuuders Im facking pisssedddd about Young Justice. So many potentials of possibilities. Ugh dun care about teen titans, and im cautious about this new batmang

Chipmnk

I'm sort of tired of Batman. The new cartoon might be cool for a generation of kids who haven't seen Batman TAS, but unless they do something really interesting with it, I don't see myself watching it.

Chipmnk

I love that every other comment on that Facebook page is "Batman suxxx, we want Young Justice!!"

Omair

Man, it would be cool if they did a batman thing about Batman, Inc. Because, dang, have you read that stuff? It's like if batman had a secret agency, dang dang dang, so pringles.

Chipmnk

I know about it because it's all you ever talked about during the honeymoon. UUUUU__UUUUUU

Omair

Hey.

You're still a shining star.

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 7
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
No account?