10. ... 12
Chipmnk

I just started Mystery of the Batwoman.

SuperRyan

got to love JL so good

SuperRyan

Hawkgirl may be my favorite

Chipmnk

She was pretty cool. I'm all about the Flash.

nickv47

I liked when they did the "unlimited" series and pulled in some of the lesser known heroes, like the Question and Booster Gold. I wish they had a different design for Bizarro, he's one of my fav characters, more a twisted Superman, and less of a long lost member of the Addams family.

Chipmnk

Oh yeah, the Question was cool. I didn't really like how...crazy they made him out to be on JLU. That whole conspiracy theory thing was a bit hokey.

Chipmnk

I just watched Mystery of the Batwoman. I didn't especially enjoy it. The animation/illustration seemed really off, and the story was a little meandering.

mike bautista
1 design submitted - Score now!

I remember when Wally does that. ;-;

I still need to watch all of JLU, Young Justice and Brave and the Bold. What else is there? And those animated movies. Man. Where's that site that shows all the shows?

Chipmnk

Wikipedia?

There was a point where my brother had all of JLU but not anymore. You can watch Young Justice pretty easily by searching Youtube.

nickv47

Superman Black Adam Shazam is a cool movie, it has shorts with the Green Arrow, Jonah Hex and the Spectre. Def recommend.

Chipmnk

Oh man, I didn't even know about that one. Thanks for the heads up, dude.

Chipmnk

Man, in ten minutes, the Jonah Hex short achieved more than all of Mystery of the Batwoman.

jublin

i loved the Question because he was voiced by Jeffrey Combs.

and Flash is one of those characters i used to be like "aw man give me a break." But then after a few episodes in JL i was like "daaaaamn he's cool". Love the one you posted above as well as the episode where all of his cheesy villains team up and try to capture him. That episode totally embraced how hokey his universe is/used to be.

jublin

a while back i got on a DCAU kick and watched everything that I could. Now i think I prefer DC to Marvel.

Chipmnk

Oh yeah, I remember that episode. Captain Boomerang confused me the most. His thing is throwing boomerangs? Come on.

I'm definitely more of a DC fan now. The DCAU is just so damn deep.

Chipmnk

Just finished watching the Spectre and Green Arrow shorts. So awesome. And the Spectre is so dark.

mike bautista

Which shorts? I found a Superman Red Son book at Borders that wasn't wrapped, so I finally got around to reading it. It was really good. Gonna read All-Star and The New Frontier next. And I'm gonna find a legit download of the JL episodes, but last I checked, there looked to be a shit ton.

Chipmnk

They're the showcases that come with Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam.

Chipmnk

Red Son is such an awesome Elseworlds story.

Chipmnk

Get on it. Those 10 minute shorts achieve just as much as a full hour and a half movie.

mike bautista

I just watched the shorts. They were all done so well. I didn't rent it the first time I saw it in redbox because I didn't know they were all shorts. I thought it was a full movie about Superman and Captain Marvel. I hope there are more Showcases.

SJ27

I liked when the Birds of Prey sung the song about all the male heroes' sexual prowess on Brave and the Bold. It was a great example of the innuendo that you can get away with on a kids show for the sole reason that it will go over their heads.

iPear

I liked when powdered toast man went into an x-ray machine and you saw that his entire body was made of different types of bread.

Chipmnk

I need to get in on the Brave and the Bold.

iPear

that's an actual thing, I wasn't joking.

iPear

I need to get up on JLU

Chipmnk

Boy, you straight trippin.

iPear

I'M NOT A JOKEYGUY RIGHT NOW.

the DC showcase was pretty good, I also thought it was just a movie about superman and shazam, that got me pretty psyched. Even though it wasn't, I still enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed Shazam's cameo appearance in Batman/Superman: public enemies.

mike bautista

I might rent Public Enemies next. The New Frontier comics and animated film are next for me. I rented Apocalypse, too. Was that a straight adaptation, or did they take from a bunch of stuff? It's been a while since I read the source and the only thing I remember is the beginning, when the girl was naked and stole Batman's ride. I'm asking because I thought Jim Lee drew that, but on the film's credits I don't remember a mention of him.

Chipmnk

I think it's based on a story arc but not a panel-by-panel adaptation.

iPear

i've spent all day trying to find that powdered toast man picture.

Chipmnk

I just remember that he flew backwards. That was a thing he did.

iPear

he was the SHIT.

Chipmnk

All the girls in Ren and Stimpy were drawn sexylike.

iPear

I'm talking about the comic, man. I think it only had like 3 issues but it was so good.

iPear

marvel had a stand alone powdered toast man comic

Chipmnk

uninformed

jublin

the justice league two earths (or whatever that film is called) is amazing too. Batman and other batman are like the main characters. It goes kind of deep into their psyche. And fake batman is voice by James woods! But real batman is voiced by a Baldwin and he's terrible. Win some lose some.

iPear

owlman, bro. Owlman gives me the chilly willies.

Chipmnk

I still need to watch that. Is it just a continuation of the JLU series?

And I'd take a James Woods over a Baldwin any day.

iPear

I don't think. Because 1) the space station is still being worked on, and 2) green lantern is a white.

iPear

a white? Hal Jordan

jublin

and cuz batman sounds like a SLOTH

nickv47

Crisis on two earths is pretty BA (has the James Woods Owlman). And actually, the Wonder Woman animated movie they dropped recently was good as well.

Saw the Green Lantern First Flight animated movie the other day. Really good.

If you want to go deep in the DCU and see the DEPTH, check out the Darkest Night/Brightest day series. SO good.

iPear

a wiener sloth.

iPear

oh, all star superman ya'll watch it? is good.

nickv47

yeah, that was really good. other than pouty lips on all characters, but good.

Chipmnk

Oh snap, Owlman!

All Star Superman is probably my favorite animated movie. I'm not even a Superman fan, but it just has such a great style and story.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 12
No account?