Ear Worms

Earworm, a loan translation of the German Ohrwurm - is a portion of a song or other music that repeats compulsively within one's mind, put colloquially as "music being stuck in one's head." According to research by James Kellaris, 98% of individuals experience earworms.

This has been stuck in my head all day. I get that a lot, when I do I'm going to start posting them here. It could end up being a good playlist. Post your too if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fYMjzeW0U

Watch this
ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

First of all, I think having Isolation stuck in your head all day is an awesome thing!;) I had just about every Joy Division song stuck in my head and I'm happy when I get stuck with songs I like from bands I love but usually it's some awful song from some awful band I heard somewhere I don't even remember... Anyway I've been listening to these guys lately a lot so I have their songs stuck in my head or in this case you could say Kate Bush:

mullmuggins

Earworm is a great description.

makettle

After we listen to these posts they become OUR ear worms!! haha!

That Soley Soley has stuck already!

Manupix

I will NOT click any of these vids.

My ears are worm free.

Manupix

But I might falter if Joy Division is involved.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

^ That's a brain worm once it gets to you! They've stopped playing it on the radio here, but even without listening to it, it's now in my head. Da da, da da da da, da.

No account?
Join Us