Close
One second...

The New Submission Kit Is Here!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Mar 01, 2011
  • 112 Comments

Guys and Girlies, the new Submission Kit has finally arrived!

Our old and tired submission kit has finally gotten a makeover. We think that you'll find these new templates are easier to use, and a lot prettier too! Not only are there brand new templates, but there's lots of information for artists in a series of handy PDFs.

Here's what you'll find in the new kit:

Flat illustrated templates of: tees, hoodies, boat necks, tanks, v necks and onesies.
These are similar to the old basic templates, but much nicer.

Photo templates of...you guessed it: tees, hoodies, boat necks, tanks, v necks and onesies.
These are pictures of garments laid flat, and will make your submission look super realistic. (Special thanks to Priscilla Wilson for letting us use her awesome tee template!)

New photos of our oh-so-photogenic staff members wearing an assortment of blank tees.
For those who want to show how their design would look on a human!

All of the templates feature an updated color list with some colors you might not have seen before. As usual, the photo and illustrated templates are designed for Photoshop and Illustrator.

We've also written a series of documents designed to help out seasoned artists and newbies alike. These PDFs include:

- A guide to using our templates and submitting.
- An updated glossary of specialty inks and printing techniques.
- A guide outlining the various reasons for declining a submission.
- A guide to Threadiquette, including our stance on stolen designs, critiques, promotion and spam. (There's a list of Do's and Don'ts here!)
- A checklist of things to consider when creating a good design.

One thing to bear in mind here is that this kit is a continual work in progress. Eventually, you can expect to see more model photos featuring tanks, hoodies, boat necks, etc. Also, as our stock of tees and colors change, so will the templates. If there's anything else that you'd like to see in the kit that's not currently there, don't hesitate to let us know! Email Rachel or Mimi at community@threadless.com.

This is one of the first big projects of a new Community Team comprised of Rachel, Mimi, and Charlie. Our mission is to unlock amazing opportunities and bring you more resources. We hope to engage and inspire you to create even more mind-blowing designs, collaborate, network and, of course, have fun! Keep your eyes out for a post soon more about the great projects we will be working on!

Enjoy!
Community Team

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

you are such a great bunch of people

mimi

YAY!

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

very cool, guys

bygrinstow
bygrinstow profile pic Alumni

Now my one design sub a decade will look even cooler!

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

good stuff

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

wow this is fantastic!

Mightor

YE$$$!!!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

Awesome work!

silverqe
silverqe profile pic Alumni

SO AWESOME

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

I don't approve because it looks like I'm playing with my weenie in the red tee

[+duracell-]

Sweet. Thank you for the threadiquette section and taking an official stance on the spam problem. It is greatly appreciated.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

this is a wonderful development

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Awesomeness, guys. Great job.

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

Awesome!! Now I just need something to submit...

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

I'm excited to check out all those photos. Except for the red tee one. I usually spend way too much time working on my presentations so hopefully this will save me some time. Thanks guys.

ZenemiG

I'm lovin' it

Rachel Ray Gun
Rachel Ray Gun profile pic Alumni

Super spoiler alert: tutorial videos coming soon!

anwarrafiee
anwarrafiee profile pic Alumni

This is totally Awesome! As always Super Awesome guys! Great great job! Thank you Threadless for all the awesomeness all these while! After reading those guidelines n stuffs, felt so fresh right now. Yes, time to refresh my works!:p i just feel im a newbies! :p

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

awesome! good job!

Valbou

Yayyy! Amazing thank and good job! What a team...why I'm not living in chicago :(

Manupix

Yay for the end of spam! SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!

Also, lol Craig!

cshimala

Strike two. Me in the banana costume is no longer in the kit. Dang

cshimala

Aside from that it's one hell of a kit.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?