Close
One second...

fucking fuck

• by d3d
  • posted Jan 30, 2011 in General
  • 71 Comments

My car broke down on thursday afternoon and the roadside assist guy that came out said the fuel pump was dead, so I got it towed, had the fuel pump replaced and still nothing, then they discovered a gear had shorn all it's teeth off and scattered them through the engine, which would cost 3 grand to replace, and the car is only worth two running.

So now I have a chunk of scrap worth about 50 bucks and have to replace it in a week so I can get my kids to school. Which means extending our mortgage since I have no income and no savings.
Odds of getting back to meetup this year, virtually nil.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

you'll get printed soon man.

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Fingers Xed for a print or 2 to get you on the road again!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

I wish tere was something we could do

:-o

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

*there

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i finally got my car back just now. it's been gone for 2 weeks and cost me $2400, but on the plus side it runs better than ever now. every pack of cigarettes has a silver lining.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

yay!

Mya Jamila

:D I'm glad to hear all of those! Including the cost because, it could have been more.

mitchellp
mitchellp profile pic Alumni

Why drive a car when you could get this?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-KczCp0OQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-KczCp0OQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

it's absolutely not party time.

kashlen

see now I don't feel as bad about spending $400 on my car on my bday. I don't think I have a right to complain.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

It's not party time.

heykimby

Good mechanics are awesome. I'm glad they sorted it out!

Nick just spent $200 to buy a gear in the speedometer. It's tiny, and we're not 100% sure it will fix it, but no-one really wants to buy a car if the speedo doesn't work :P

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that sucks. stupid modern cars and their precision wizardry. in the old days you'd just shoot the horse.

taz-pie

i hate car problems. it is totally just shit that I DON'T WANNA SPEND MONEY ON

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

cheers. shitty it cost ya 2400, but im glad its functional now

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Yeah, spending tons on cars is like, "yeay, my life savings are gone now, but at least i have something that does exactly what it used to do before its insides blew up!"

Glad you're cruising around town again tho.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yay you got the car back! And I'm so glad it's running better than ever.. seriously... I hope that repair lasts you a good long time :D

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?