Close
One second...

fucking fuck

• by d3d
  • posted Jan 30, 2011 in General
  • 71 Comments

My car broke down on thursday afternoon and the roadside assist guy that came out said the fuel pump was dead, so I got it towed, had the fuel pump replaced and still nothing, then they discovered a gear had shorn all it's teeth off and scattered them through the engine, which would cost 3 grand to replace, and the car is only worth two running.

So now I have a chunk of scrap worth about 50 bucks and have to replace it in a week so I can get my kids to school. Which means extending our mortgage since I have no income and no savings.
Odds of getting back to meetup this year, virtually nil.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
rnlynam
rnlynam profile pic Alumni

THREADLESS! YOU MUST DO MORE THREADLESS!

IT'S THE ONLY WAY!!!

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

count my subs and tell me i'm not trying

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

booooooo...i am so sorry....bad luck suuucks..so do old cars..hugs

craquehaus

That sucks man. No public transport where you are I'm guessing...

I can't help but think why someone so talented has no income - your work should be taking you places.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Also, you should fasten a sleigh to a kangaroo. I haven't worked out the mechanics, but I totally thin it would work.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that's a ridiculous suggestion. they have pouches.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

aw, shit man.. hope you figure somethin out.. wish i could ship you my truck thats just rustin away in my driveway

queenmob
queenmob profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

sorry to hear about your bad luck. to continue what WarDrobeInSpareOom said, you should be able to make a regular income with your illustration skills. have you tried anything in this direction?

queenmob
queenmob profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

im sorry, craquehaus said that.

applesforjonah

WarDrobeInSpareOom on Jan 30 '11 at 8:46pm Awww, that blows goats.

Sorry to hear that man, we just recently put $1677 into our car that's worth not much more than that. I hope everything works out.

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

Threadless, it's the moment to print "mine"

thanks.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

yeah derek, i spent a grand on it just before christmas too.

outline
outline profile pic Alumni

leon is a slow worker. don't pressure the slow kid.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

craftsmanship takes time

outline
outline profile pic Alumni

that being said, sorry to hear it man. i'll work the streets and see what money i can scrounge up for you.

(see, i'm even feeling bad enough to set you up for a nice joke about how i would fail at working the streets)

WarDrobeInSpareOom

What I'm about to say, I will totally deny later, even if they question us separately, but-

<small><small>You're a smart guy, and an awesome dude, and a great dad, and this sucks, and I know you'll find a way to work this out, and I just hope it's soon, and not too stupid.</small></small>

jet approves

balls.

cars are fucking money pits. mine is always being a piece of shit and requiring repairs. let's all ride bicycles.

HorsefaceDee
HorsefaceDee profile pic Alumni

my car is going thro the same thing..i have spent over 2 grand on it last year...ggggrrrrr

Steve The Great

you could sell your body. I'd pay.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

the cost of refrigeration to get it that far without rotting would be ridiculous, but thanks.

Krimson
Krimson profile pic Alumni

I feel your pain. This year my air conditioning fan and motor, throttle positioning switch, 2 window motors (on separate occasions) all had to be replaced, and I am driving on worn shocks and differentials until they eventually go too.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

that's such a drag. it must be nice to own a brand new car and get a couple of years without worrying about that kind of shit. i'd never buy brand new, but i understand why people would.

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

oh damn :(

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

man thats shitty and you hear about that shit way too often

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

on the upside i got a nice endorsement from Deeann to put on my About Me section.

littlem

that's crappy! you're gonna have to enter the bloggerraiser contest!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Asshole.

Kerrn

there's a shortage of strippers in dallas for the super bowl this weekend...you'd have to pay $1400 for a ticket...but you could stay with me and my sister...with your hot body and personality you'd have no problem breaking even, you've already got the clothes, and you won't have to pay for a hotel...i believe in you leon, do it for the children.

-k.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

the children are the reason i quit stripping in the first place!

but i got some goodish news. when i went to collect my cds and shit out of the car so it could be crushed i had a chat to the senior mechanic and he thinks if i give him 2 grand and a week he can get it running again. so i still have to scrape together 2 grand from somewhere, but that'll be a lot easier than 15 at least. slight reprieve. i just hope something else doesn't fuck out a month later.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

So we're just abandoning the kangaroo sled plan?

I don't even know why I try with you.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'm going to test it on the weiner dog and scale up. gotta teach her to jump first though.

spacesick 2

good. I hope I never see you again, you fucking piece of shit cock sucking motherfucking cunt punching son of a bitch.

spacesick 2

jk! we're gonna share a sundae, I swear to christ

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'd fucking love a vanilla malt right now. one glass, two straws.

spacesick 2

YEA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIii

Mya Jamila

If a vanilla malt has malt in it, if I ever try one, I'll never go back.

I love malt.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

it's the best

Mya Jamila

:O Whoa. No one thinks that way! (other than me)

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

someone must, or it wouldn't exist

trindli

you should check this out, it sound totally legit..

also, i'm sorry :( i'm totally happy that i live somewhere with public transport that i don't have to deal with shit like this.. you could always move here? but it's cold..

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

cold but the accent is hilarious.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

My dad just got an '89 Altima for $1700 off a Craigslist ad and luckily the guy who was selling maintained it well and even kept a journal of everything they did to it. What's the cheapest old cars can get there? I know you're getting your car fixed, but a solid and cheap plan B is always good.

Boycey

Hope you win soon!

Are you sure the mechanics weren't just trying to rip you off?

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i could get a reasonable old car for about 5 grand. anything less than that wouldn't be worth having. and i wouldn't expect it to last long. i don't believe they had any plans to rip me off. it's just that one is incompetant and lazy, and the other actually knows what he's doing and gives a damn.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

They sound like two characters in a sitcom.

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

That sucks. I have about $1300 in car repairs hanging over me, but at least I can put mine off for a minute. When it rains it pours. :(

It's the 21st friggin century -- money should be growing on trees by now.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

they deliberately uninvent those models. anything that runs forever gets replaced with a less reliable model, to keep them selling. go capitalism.

SJ27

That sucks. Cars are the worst. But they're essential in a lot of places and situations. I 5$ed your sub if it will help.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us