Close
One second...

BEST. CONCERT. EVER.

I saw with my best friend Someone Still Loves You Boris Yelstine, Two Door Cinema Club, and Tokyo Police Club. The concert was three and a half hours long, and we were standing front and center in the giant sea of people. It was jumping screaming and singing fun. It was also my first concert

No concert will ever beat it i think

Watch this
FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

You will go to more amazing concerts, but your first concert is of course one that sticks out in your mind as special. Except for me, I think the first concert I went to I was like 7 or 8 and it was with my parents seeing Huey Lewis and the NEws, who you probably don't even know existed as a group.

This lineupare coming to Philly pretty soon and my girl and I were contemplating going to the concert, we still might, glad you had tons of fun!

coffeecandle

My first concert included Sting and some other random acts at a university thing that I went to with my parents when I was like 7? I think I liked it, but I can't say I actually remember.

I love concerts though, I should definately go to more :)

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i'd love to see Huey Lewis live, in the 80s. small gigs will always beat big ones for me. a noisy pub band is always more lively and fun than some stadium production.

FRICKINAWESOME

haha Leon, I just have random snapshots in my head of that show :)

I agree, I prefer small insane concerts over giant impersonal ones...but every once in a while if you get good seats to a rock spectacle it's pretty friggin amazing to be engulfed in the audacity of the performance and set pieces and light display accompanying the music. Beck and Sufjan Stevens are the two bands that did the most with their surroundings and creative shows to enhance the music. Also I saw Nine Inch Nails on the "With Teeth" tour in a medium sized venue, and they somehow fit all the lighting and craziness of a stadium sized show into that tiny little space, it was fucking mindblowing.

FRICKINAWESOME

Lucky Amber saw Sting back in the day! I don't even bother looking into seeing any of the "rock legends" nowadays because the price for a half-decent seat is already what I'd want to pay for three-four tickets, and you only get one!

FRICKINAWESOME

I'd love to go to a festival. My dad lives like two miles away now from where they hold Choachella every year!

The things that scare me away from festivals is the gigantic ticket prices and the concept of not being able to find a place to poop when I really have to.

fabrichi

Yeah terminal 5 is a pretty small venue but my friend has gone to some others and he said it was his best

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

I've seen both of those guys at little clubs a few years ago - in fact the Someone Still Loves You.... crew almost crashed at my house after the show cause they had nowhere to stay :D

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

every time I try to go to terminal5 something bad happens, i would go to bonooroo again if it was soo much more expensive now and so far away but I allready have my tickets to go see camp bisco and gathering of the vibes

fabrichi

Chengui thats so awesome, i talked to /bought a shirt from the backup guitarist. And this was advertised as a festival because 3 and a half hours is a long time for a concert. I wanna go to Coachella the lineup this year is sooo good, but im 15 sooo

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

well it wasn't a festival, a festival is a at least a full afternoon if not two or 3 days

No account?
Join Us