• by Dragovorg
  • posted Jan 15, 2011
  • 11 Comments

Just wanted to draw something neat

Watch this
Dragovorg

Just wanted to draw something neat

Dragovorg

Oh man you got me. When drawing my He-Man action figure I used a He-Man action figure as reference. Yeah, totally ridiculous man :P

bottleHeD

Umm, no, the point is, this isn't your diary. If you want to draw He-man, do it and put it up on your facebook page.

Dragovorg

Snarky. This is a t-shirt design I'd like to have. Thus it is a t-shirt design no? Put your snark in a Brillo-box and don't be so square. It murkens everyones days.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Bio-bot 9000 on Jan 17 '11 hey it's He-Man!

haha^

This is a t-shirt design I'd like to have. Thus it is a t-shirt design no? Put your snark in a Brillo-box and don't be so square. It murkens everyones days.

This is a t-shirt site showcasing ORIGINAL and cutting-edge style techniques and ways to make a t-shirt wearable art. And in terms of pop culture references, they usually have to have some kind of clever situation they are put in or using the reference in a way that surprises us...there's already a zillion shirts with a bad-ass He-Man on it.

I mean, I like Nintendo shirts, but I wouldn't sub a traced over picture of Donkey Kong perfoming a lovable rap lyric.

Dragovorg

Well that is highly subjective. I for one despise "clever" designs which are (to me) a very low form of fanservice. I like clean designs without all the hoopla made to impress. I like non-statements. Like perhaps a he-man with a simple logo stating one wants to be a hero. The sheer meaninglessness of he-man himself with said statement gives it some sense of empty existensialism which is somewhat my own motivation in art. Also, tracing is unbeatable if you want your picture to look like a "product" which might be the point.

In no way do I intend these replies as tries to maintain the greatness of my design. I'm just a bit taken aback by the vitriol in the comments which are most uncool and seriously aggressive. If my subs don't fly well with your aspirations it should not warrant spiteful comments. Rather see you just downscore and move on as I do whenever I come across meme's and wordplays that offend my sensibilities. Just roll with it.

No account?
Join Us