Sky Giant

• by olivepalm
  • posted Jan 06, 2011
  • 34 Comments

Watch this
olivepalm

A very busy design. But I like busy. So deal with it.

olivepalm

ok.... would you suggest just not having the back or changing it somehow?

jthach

I really like this, I think the back is a little off because thorn bush type looking things, i would suggest replacing that, i'm not sure with what,, maybe some more swirls?

olivepalm

Eliminated the custom brush shapes on the back and eliminated the crosshatching so its smoother..

Tell me what you think!

Pyros82

It is quite busy... And the placement of the head of the god is quite disturbing. The most crucial this is that I don't think it's printable, technically.

Care to review mine? Running Shoes Cat's Nightmare Thanks!

olivepalm

Actually it is printable by a process called simulated printing. The 8-color maximum is not relevant when this process is used.

Did you want to say anything good about it? :/

lordofmeesi

i would move the god's head down, it's in a bit of an awkward location, and is hard to see

olivepalm

moved the head down slightly so that the left eye is visible, but not too much cause I like it there..

JohnWB

For balance's sake, I feel like the head should be on the opposite side of the neck and a little lower. But the artwork is very impressive.

olivepalm

yeah, I wanna put an image of the design, but I don't have flash, and it seems like there is not enough room for a closeup and the front and back.... :(

Kyle Cobban
Kyle Cobban profile pic Alumni

this is unique. i agree with swellsights. It's so detailed I want to see more of it.

olivepalm

ok hold on peoples let me try to get a closeup up.. hehe...

olivepalm

btw, the face was revised in later versions. This is the original artwork..

olivepalm

thanks for the awesome comment!

jpark13

looks good. simple is key though. maybe simplify a bit

Pyros82

I know about simulated, but this is an all around print... Printing all over it will make the shirt very hard and unwearable. Anyway good luck with it, I hope for you that I'm wrong, because generally speaking this is very nice.

S-Clark

Hello Artist Palm,

Thanks for helping me with my Fire Elk. I think your sky giant is a very beautiful piece. If I may be nit-picky on one detail though, the figure in the boat doesn't quite fit with the rest of your image. Everything is hues and lights and shadows, where as the figure is simply a flat black. Nothing major, just some shades and highlights on it to make it appear as three dimensional as the rest of your image.

Keep up the art, -SC

DJ Grafx

pretty sweet. i like it

olivepalm

thanks guys for your help.

MAIN QUESTIONS: IS THIS PRINTABLE USING SIMULATED PRINTING? ALSO, WOULD THREADLESS EVEN BOTHER? IS IT WORTH IT?

CarlosArtWrx

Maybe if you worked on the anatomy of the face, tried some more solid colors (less blended), and don't use that water texture.

The concept is really poppin. I think it could work if you made the changes I suggested.

As is, I don't see it as printable though.

grmmph

The presentation is too.. loaded. Choose one T-shirt template to present it. (I say take off the guy)

DuMone

Nice one! I like the face better, you used for the background, though.

apfrod

I much prefer the boldness of v1 but I agree with others that the back is better without the polygon shapes.

olivepalm

Thanks guys! Bump. :)

true fiction

Just wanted to say I like this final version - the tee is not really my style, I'd prefer to have the artwork in a frame to be honest!!!

Cheers for the comments on my Angry Chickens and good luck

No account?
Join Us