Close
One second...

Help me find this graphic novel!

I read this about a year and a half ago. I was making my annual list of books to read in the new year, and I got to graphic novels. Then I started wondering which graphic novels I'd already read.

The main character kind of looks like this:

Spoilers!

The plot centers around a couple -- not yet married but planning the wedding -- going through struggles in their relationship. I believe it's based in London. I'm sure the setting is in England. The couple is trying for a baby, the man gets fired from his job -- which I believe was one at a porcelain factory, and something that stands out is the last page of the book: the couple is in the artist/author's rendition of the Arnolfini Wedding Portrait.

I believe the book is illustrated in black, white and teal.

Watch this
Chipmnk

How recent is it?

grracexx

I'm not too sure. It must have been published in 2000-2006... which may or may not help.

Chipmnk

Well, I have no idea. I'm not sure why I thought asking its publication date would help either.

grracexx

Thanks anyway. :)

Chipmnk

Sorry I wasn't very helpful.

JBantha

Where you from? it migth help selecting retailers and editors on your area, and before that watch the list of titles they have shipped.

Chipmnk

It's probably not Blankets.

grracexx

JBantha, I was in Austin, TX when I read it. I'm teaching English in Korea right now. I know it's an English -- as in the country, not the language.

I think the cover might have been the only thing that was teal, on remembrance. :P

Polyester_Jones, I remember really loving it, hence my ardent search.

grracexx

It's not Blankets. I'm sure.

grracexx

I know it's an English book*

Chipmnk

You should read Blankets anyway if you haven't already.

grracexx

It's on the to-read list! That book has been on my lists for years.

Chipmnk

It's one of my favorite graphic novels ever. It's one of those stories I go back to two or three times every year, and I always manage to find something new.

grracexx

I'll make sure to read it. :) A light graphic novel that I recommend is French Milk by Lucy Knisley. No revelations or profundity, but it is a nice, enjoyable, naive read.

Chipmnk

Cool, I'll have to check it out when I get the chance.

grracexx

Foooound it!

Chipmnk

Oh sweet! Andi Watson! I've read Little Star, which is sort of in that same vein. I searched for it yesterday and was wondering if the"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" part of Amazon would have helped. Whoda thunk it?

grracexx

Whoda indeed. ;)

Chipmnk

No regrets.

No account?
Join Us