Close
One second...

What this website badly needs

• PM feature + reply comment feature + message alerts;

• preview / edit / delete comments;

• preview / edit text in subs;

• title above 50 chars alert in subs;

• formatting buttons! the html code is a pain!

• report design / user (because it does no good publicly shaming someone for rips or other when you're wrong)

• challenges: announce 2nd and 3rd and more: a lot of hard work goes into these and I'm sure those who came close would love to know!

What would you like to see?
Add to the list and let's hope TL listens! =)

Watch this
mgill52

Oh preview button would be niiiice

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

-PM feature is a terrible idea. -Preview text in subs would be nice for careless people i guess, but I disagree with giving people the option to alter or remove comments just because they regret them later. -Counting to fifty isn't that tough. -how would buttons operate any differently to what we have now? you'd still just have to paste in urls like you do with the current system.

-reporting designs isn't a bad idea, but i don't see the harm in ranting publicly and then apologising for making a fool of yourself afterwards.

-there can be only one.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

I'd personally like a PM feature too with the option to disable/block if necessary.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

screw that. if you want to hit on me do it in public where i can brag about it.

mgill52

Leon, I wish I were a woman so I could date you.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I dunno about pm. There is thing called email that's fine enough for that.

Manupix

Thanks for input guys!

I might explain more.

Email is fine, but some (I'm one) are uncomfortable about displaying addresses publicly. Because of them spambots out there, ya know. There are a number of blogs where people are trying to reach each other, that part could be made easier.

The problem with 50 chars limit is it's not advertised anywhere that I've found (except I blogged it once) and with no preview - no edit, titles can end up ruined.

HTML: clicking one of these inserts the code at the end of your text not where the cursor is, and then you're brought back to the top of text, the logic of it being beyond me. Also it takes an inordinate amount of copy/paste if you're used to format after typing.

More ideas people? =)

Steve The Great

the only thing I'd like is a preview button.

Manupix

Skip this without scoring: the system shouldn't suggest those again and again, at least as long as there are other unscored designs.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

why do you need more than 50 characters in a title ... your blog title should be short and catchy to draw people in .. then you write all the whosiwhatsits that you want.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

and also I don't want to know if I came close to winning unless there's also a prize for 2nd and 3rd. if not then I'm just another guy who lost whether I was second or 202nd

Manupix

why do you need more than 50 characters in a title

I agree, but there are designs with truncated titles, and once it's out there's nothing can be done and it sucks.

KSArt

Well I'm new, so I might have overlooked it, it needs a way to search through the forum. I critic a design and than want to back to it to see if it evolved !!! How ! Or I want to see all the blog related to tips on making good illustrator gradients

So I suggest a forum search

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

PM feature would turn this site into a bunch of people constantly PMing each other for votes. the good artist leave contact info if you need them. I'm all bout preview my text before I sub instead of just the art because i mess up all the time

Manupix

KSArt on Dec 22 '10 at 2:30pm Well I'm new, so I might have overlooked it, it needs a way to search through the forum.

At the top of the page there is a search box, click the arrow and choose 'forums'. Also you can 'watch' any thread or design and filter your forum visits by 'watched only' or 'participated'.

biotwist on Dec 22 '10 at 2:38pm PM feature would turn this site into a bunch of people constantly PMing each other for votes.

Quite possible I'm afraid...

biotwist

i would love it if we could add our own meta tags

Manupix

What's meta tags? (noob alert)

biotwist

search-able key words

Manupix

Oh yes. I agree with that.

ajsolid84

I have always wanted tags/keywords. Even if TL would just tag the printed designs. Right now I can only search for designs by title. I can't just type "video game" and see all the video game designs that have been printed that I want to buy or suggest a reprint. That's the ONE thing that this site absolutely needs. Especially because most people don't title their designs very explicitly, but more cleverly/wittily.

Manupix
  • massive presence of staff on blogs = opportunity bump *
a_k

1.search engine for the blog 2.up and down voting for comments, like in youtube

vectored_life

I want a PM feature!!! So then I can be all emo because no one messages me! I joke!!

I do like the idea of more staff on blogs though (hint hint). I think the up/down voting on comments may either be really awesome or really bad/pointless.

taz-pie

i don't want a pm feature cos it will just be fucking TONS of noobs messaging to say "pls voet 4 my design lol"

fuck. that. chit.

vectored_life
taz-pie said:

i don't want a pm feature cos it will just be fucking TONS of noobs messaging to say "pls voet 4 my design lol"

fuck. that. chit.

But I need your votes

taz-pie
theillustratorman said:
taz-pie said:

fuck. that. chit.

But I need your votes

srsly. it is always some inarticulate dude from like indochinaphilipindiawhatever whoring for votes on facebook. DELETE ALL THE THINGS.

Manupix

I miss that old site thing of inserting '3 yrs later' lines between comments ;_;

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

this site needs taco tuesdays

taz-pie

I want to be able to deliver endless breadsticks from this site.

Morkki
1 design submitted -

press button

receive endless weens

timpunny

They should bring back the thing from the old site where there's an actual place you can submit a critique, not post directly into the forum. Then there could be a separate category for that. It gets a little old when every single category on here is full of titles like "Check out my design!" "Need Feedback!" "Design got rejected HaLP". Seriously, sometimes it gets pretty out of hand...All I'm asking is to be able to browse the forums without having to sift through pages of threads from people asking why their super awesome design was rejected.

littlem

those weens are so pink...

eeuuurrrgh

RFX
Morkki said:

press button

receive endless weens

WOW....

taz-pie
littlem said:

those weens are so pink...

eeuuurrrgh

and slippery :/

Morkki
1 design submitted -

This website needs better math. My profile claims I'm 37.01 years old but it's still five days to my birthday!

MaruExposito

I absolutelly agree with the PM feature, reply comment feature and message alerts. Formatting buttons could be a nice idea too. Threadless is so simple and easy but sometimes we need some more features.

orionchampadiyil
  • formatting buttons! the html code is a pain!
  • challenges: announce 2nd and 3rd and more: a lot of hard work goes into these and I'm sure those who came close would love to know!

^These!!!

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

A little flag option to report copied designs

More fun HTML options

8-Bit Video game section

Threadless GIF gallery consisting of animated T'less designs

Animated pixel character leaping up and jumping after you have scored 100 designs

Cyber badges assigned to profiles

Option to show tees bought in a sidebar (10 designs only w/ option to view more)

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

They've done a lot of work on it already tho. Maybe just leave it for a bit.

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

needs super fun water slide

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

[+duracell-]
Morkki said:

This website needs better math. My profile claims I'm 37.01 years old but it's still five days to my birthday!

I pointed that out years ago but it got ignored like most things. Should be an easy fix.

No account?