Close
One second...

Love

• by JanDeA
  • posted Dec 08, 2010
  • 27 Comments

Watch this
JanDeA

I wanted to do a love theme for the upcoming Love Challenge but I wanted to use another color other than red for my design. I love the blue and orange contrasts and like the tattoo feel. Let me know what you think. There is always room for improvement. rnThanks

noelhathorn

Blue and orange are really good together. The butterflies are awesome, I'm not quite as fond of the heart though, maybe if you could incorporate it as the pattern on the butterfly, like the butterfly spreading it's wings, or maybe make it slightly more leaf shape? Not sure.

I'd appreciate feedback too

JanDeA

I was thinking of that as well. I will have to try it out! Thanks Noelhathorn great idea.

JanDeA

Worked on the heart a bit. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

JanDeA

Thanks Armored Fowl. Still working on it will also work with placement. Thanks.

JanDeA

Added some shadow what do you think? Help always appreciated!

JanDeA

Thanks JuuiiiccceeFaacceee! The hearts were done on a grid and they should be correct. I think it is the visual vibration the colors are creating that is visually pushing them together. I am going to put a little more design in the center maybe that will help to separate them a bit. Thanks for the help!

JanDeA

Thanks Maythewbox! I agree need to work with T-shirt color. Thanks.

fisticuffnyc

Love the butterflies not crazy about the heart. Maybe make the butterflies form the heart. Might be cool. The butterflies are stunning great colors. A shirt color that accents those colors better would also help. Keep up the good work.

If you get a chance: http://www.threadless.com/critique/80621/Peace_Clown

JanDeA

Thanks Fisticuffnyc! Might change the heart to a ty-dye design not sure where it is going as of yet. Thanks for the input. I will check your work out.

dariok1972

change color t shirt but i like this work...great butterflies...

please score my design here

JanDeA

Thanks for the ideas! I think placement might be in the middle should be ok for chest area on women's T. I did play with shirts and yellow was nice will give it a try. I think the heart is going to change a bit more like bleeding heart flowers. Thanks for the help and ideas.

JanDeA

Thanks Dariok1972! Yes I am going to work with T might work with heart as well. It seems you either like it or you don't. Thanks Will check your work out!

gamemaniacboy95

Very cool design especially the butterflies. Submiit it!!!!

anyway, if you have any free time, please score my LOVE and critique my new design: 4 monkeys re-mix

JanDeA

Thanks gamemaiacbo95! I appreciate the feedback! I will take a look at your work as well!

JanDeA

Embellished the heart. what do you think? Thanks

bluedragon467

i really like it, the only problem i have is the butterfly wings.

The wings look a little square and boxy. They should be more round and organic. make them compliment the curvy edges on the heart.

other than that i really like it!

JanDeA

Hi Bluedragon467! Thanks for the critique. I tried to rework the wings a bit but I think I might have to redo the butterflies . I tried to rework the lines as well so will have to see what happens this week. thanks for our idea!

Buzatron

great details on the wings. i like it:) suggestion though, if you already have it on a baby blue t, why are you using baby blue as a color as well? if you take out the baby blue in your design and bring the dark blue tones just a little lighter i think it would make this piece look so much more delicate ;)

Buzatron

mmmm nah forget i said taking out the baby blue...lol

fisticuffnyc

Don't change butterfly wings love them. The butterflies are my favorite. The detail on them rocks. Add that kind of detail to heart if you want but I don't think you need to keep adding design embelishments around the heart. The more simple the nicer it is. Great job!

Peace Clown is up for scoring. Thanks for all your comments!

JanDeA

Thanks for all of the help! It is up for scoring. IF you have time can you score it? Thanks LOVE

No account?
Join Us