2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Awesome to see a hat-trick of wickets on the first day. Just too bad England were in bat.

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

England - Tonteau

Australia - Jebbie

Hmm, this isn't going so well.

Tonteau

England doesn't have to win.

SJ27

It's Siddle's birthday too. So awesome.

mullmuggins

There's no such thing as bad weather, Jebs.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Britain boasts a rich variety of meteorological activity.

mullmuggins

No such thing as bad weather! Just inappropriate attire.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

does dishes

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

Australia - Sheilas

England - Birds

Sheila Bird, a woman who bridges cultural divides.

fc gravy

England - 35

Australia - 18

^^ rugby result last week, just sayin'... :D

gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

England: nearby Australia: far away

at least from my viewpoint

evolveORdie

near!! far!! it's all relative. My favourite map of the world is upside down, it's only tradition we see north as up. we're a sphere floating in space for christ's sake!

hehehe.. i always laugh when I type that. Sake = japanese rice wine. Yes, you heard it here first, JC drinks sake.

Sorry, all you poms. Aussie, aussie, aussie, first test should go to us.

evolveORdie

try exokaining cricket to americans though." umm.. it's a game that goes for 5 days and usually ends in a draw."

SJ27

It only ends in a draw when there's rain.

(ie when the match is being played in England.)

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

Cricket hasn't had the same appeal for me since the 'legends' pulled a mass exodus to retirement.

Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

Australia - Siddle

England - Christians

mullmuggins

It's gone very quiet in here. No updates? ;)

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

Think they have us by the balls. again.

SJ27

No one's got anyone by the balls. They just look like they're going to save themselves the embarrassment of another series whitewash by forcing a draw as usual.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

back in the day it was an 'all or nothing' mentality. nowadays having a whitewash let alone needing to force a draw is as good as a pat down on the ballsack.

SJ27

But back in the day we had bowlers people had actually heard of.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

That's so true. Wonder how many years it'll take before we find another dream team.

mullmuggins

The ground is empty... Do you have the term fair-weather fans in Australia?

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

hmm can't say I've heard that term used too often myself..what's it mean?

Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

gets boring when no one can take a wicket...

Warney is coming out of retirement for the next test

mullmuggins

It means you only want to support your team when they're winning... I'm sure that's not the case though. Maybe everyone's washing their hair?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Sport is not so interesting when you're not winning, eh?

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

Oh gotcha.

Times must be really tough if we need Warne for a comeback tour...or maybe his tv appearances are failures..

mullmuggins

I don't know, I thought that hair plugs ad was great.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Warney is going to have a comb-back.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

Have you two heard about his new talk show? That, and not sure if his co-host plans with Top Gear Australia fell through (if so, I'm glad it did).

mullmuggins

I haven't heard about it. What kind of talk show?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Barmy Army singing 'God save YOUR Queen'. Made me chuckle.

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

I personally didn't watch it, but from what I gathered it's a general talk/interview show - possibly like Letterman but with lamer jokes.

Here.

SJ27

mullmuggins on Nov 28 '10 at 6:25pm The ground is empty... Do you have the term fair-weather fans in Australia?

Do you have the term "Monday" in England? It's the day people have to go back to work.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Doesn't usually seem to be a problem for Aussie cricket fans.

Punter caught that ball, but his lack of celebration confused everyone. Wouldn't it be funny if England won this test today?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

So now it's the Aussies playing for a draw? Pleased to see Strauss declare and make the afternoon a bit more interesting.

SJ27

He would have declared hours earlier if he wanted the match to be interesting.

Tonteau

Great knock from Strauss, Trott and especially Cook.

That must have felt like a kick in the swingers for Aus after their first innings.

mullmuggins

Awesome stuff.

I like cricket, but I am not hugely invested in it - the result wouldn't determine my mood for the day/week/hour.

With my limited interest, I may be misunderstanding, but what would you have wanted England to do, sj? I don't see how they were 'playing for a draw'. Do you expect them to declare and just hand you a win?

I thought it was us Pom's that were meant to be the whingers... You're doing a great impression ;)

makettle

isn't it Australia who need to win the ashes back?

Englands recovery in the 2nd innings was as amazing as the aussie 1st innings!

ChrisDB

never been an aussie fan. Much prefer England! Any thoughts on West Indies vs Sri Lanka?

SJ27

mullmuggins on Nov 29 '10 at 5:17am With my limited interest, I may be misunderstanding, but what would you have wanted England to do, sj? I don't see how they were 'playing for a draw'. Do you expect them to declare and just hand you a win?

That's the game of test cricket though, it's a game of strategy as much as it is about just scoring a big total. You have to declare at a point where you'll have enough time to bowl the other team out and win. Trouble is that also gives the other team the time they need to score the lower total of runs and beat you. You just have to have the confidence that your team can do that.

Tonteau

I can absolutely guarantee the Aussies would have done the same thing had they been in our position, SJ.

SJ27

No way. Australia plays for a result, every time.

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

Australia would have carried on batting to the end for two reasons, to starve the England batters of a needed knock, and to waste even more energy from the England bowlers. Fair result for both teams in the end. But what's happened to Michael Clarke? Seems to have gone into his shell a bit.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?
Join Us