• by 2gestalt
  • posted Nov 11, 2010
  • 62 Comments

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
2gestalt

I do belive the NASA was there in 1969. But they found a weird secret, they couldn´t tell...rnrnI uploaded it, but it was declined, because it seems to need more work. I don´t really know if that means, the drawing is too bad, or if my humor doesn´t fit the treadless team. Can anyone help me?

noelhathorn

It's a pretty sweet peiec of drawing IMO, but I'm not 100% sure I get it. Is the dark side of the moon supposed to look like someone's backside? It's not clear, and if that is it, I'm not sure that it's that obvious or even could be. The general concept is fine, but I think you should put a 'secret' there like a Mars was here flag... or a Space diner like you'd see in Futurama, or the Jetsons or something, suggesting that Alien life has been within our reach all along but couldn't be bothered with earth?

2gestalt

Yes the thought was, that the moon has a "back". Maybe this is not as funny as in my mind...

willadd

I like the design, but I have to agree with noelhathorn. I just don't really get what the secret is. Nice work on the spacecraft and Earth though!

If you have a chance could you score/comment on mine please? Shipwrecked

2gestalt

THX for the comments. I tried a different way now and gave the moon a scary jack-nicholson-in-shining look. Maybe this works better.

Pls tell me your opinions.

OINKO

pretty funny, the axe could use some shading ala the spacecraft.

future_designer

cool illustration and i agree that the axe needs some shading

noelhathorn

I really like the way this is going now... but I'm not sure it's right to give the moon arms and an axe. Maybe make it more like a monster, and have it trying to eat the lunar orbiter... maybe with a tongue like a frog?

Also, I don't think that the man is draw as well as the rest of it... so what ever it becomes needs to be the same standard... but I appreciate it's a WIP...!

I'd appreciate some feedback...

2gestalt

Thanks guys for the ideas. First i´ll try to shade the axe.

I also had the idea to give the moon a big mouth with teeth. But I thougt that would be a bit too obvious. The frog tongue is a bit silly I think. What´s your opinion?

And is the man in the moon realy not drawn as good as the rest?

cxciv

At first i was thinking that this is 'his dark side', like leaving the planet in darkness and taking some astronauts with him.

henry_tshirtcreative

Nice idea... but i think the continent shape on the earth doesn't look real...

btw, please give my newtaste a critique if you can.. thanks

WhoisNedo

cool and funny idea, Earth looks ok but i would edit the Moon's expression, making it more wicked and also with smaller harms

uwil

Hi, its looking good =) some texture on the moon's arm might be a good idea, also it looks too straight.

2gestalt

Added a shade to the axe and the arm. How d´ya like it?

future_designer

it's looking good, I would recommend removing that weird hair on the moons head. I think he would look better bald.

thanks for commenting on mine. Santa's Naughty List.

ADrabLunacy

Oh, I like. :D I kind of agree with future, but at the same time, not, because I think it makes him look a little bit more . . . dark, really. lol But I think him being bald would be good too, hmm . . . could make him bald and see how it looks. :)

2gestalt

Thanks for your input. The lines of the hair can really be seen at the poles of the moon. Maybe they come from impacts. I used them to simulate a nicholson-like hairstyle. Maybe i should lighten it up a bit...

2gestalt

Made him bold now. But I´m not sure if its better...

Bohed

as a drawing, it;s a nice one! but what's the idea?

if you have time, plz check mine

-PiDjO-

haha nice one ! i prefered the ass-side-of-the-moon version but great idea tho ! :D

3ricl3

Not sure what your concept is either, why is the moon and satellite going off?

zync

I kind of like the ass version better.

Good Fortune

2gestalt

Thanks for all the comments. I also liked the ass-version more, but somehow it was declined and less people seem to get the joke. At the moment I´m not so sure if this will ever become submittable. What do you guys think? Can there be a chance or shal I drop this idea?

-PiDjO-

you should try again with the ass version and make it clearer. make the ass bigger ;-)

2gestalt

I begin to think, this could be a good idea. I´ll give him a big butt...

-PiDjO-

:D

maclac

Ha ha, I checked the history and V1 is class. I'd try and develop that one.

Jens Selin

I dont understand what you want to say with this but the illustration is nice i´we posted a more detailed version of muy balance if you vant to comment on it

2gestalt

Came back to the a** theme. I tried to make the butt bigger, but unfortunately this didn´t work out. I made it a few rounder and added a silly tatoo, but after all I don´t think its working. And even if, I don´t know why this should be accepted, while v1 was rejected. Any proposals?

noelhathorn

it is significantly clearer than v1 IMO...

2gestalt

Thanks. Are there any suggestions to make it better? I need some help with this...

-PiDjO-

not sure for the tatoo. better than V1 tho !

noelhathorn

The tattoo does help with identifying that it is an a$$, maybe if the dark side of the moon was slightly less round and slightly more peachy?

2gestalt

That´s what I tried, but(t) didn´t work out.

Wintang

Out of four design you have.. this one is the best illustration hahaha.. LOve it!! funny but heck I bet people will like it

bashango

hehe I love this.. but I thinke that the (line) on the moon should be shorter.. and actually look like it has a back.. and then the darkside. just a shorter line. it think it's great! :D

If you don't mind scoring my design, i'd appreciate it!

Down at the Fiesta

bashango

Oh yeah, personally I don't like the tattoo on the darkside.. it makes it cluttered and distracts. I like V1 better but with a shorter line. :)

KaMi WorkShop

the spaceship is too big IMHO. It makes the moon look really small! Funny idea otherwise! :D

Please score and comment on my design! Bamboo dealer

2gestalt

Changed the length of "the line" and made some improvements in the structure...

stuffofepics

I love this. Literally 'where the sun don't shine'. This looks good to go. Perhaps foolaround with what colour shirt to place it on?

2gestalt

I think I need some more input on that. Any suggestions?

bashango

perhaps on a black tee with a gray stroke/outline on the sattelite, dark brown outline on the moon, and a blue or green outline around the earth. or just stick with a solid color outline on a black tee. i do like the darkblue though. i like the changes! it works

2gestalt

@bashango: THX for your suggestions, but I´m already at the 8 colours limit, so that won´t work. Also I´m not so much into black tee´s because for this design it´s a bit too obvious for me. I think the dark blue matches the comic style. But on the topic side I´m not so sure if it works. I don´t really know what to add/remove to point out my joke...

bashango

if you did simulated process you could use a lot more colors! perhaps add galaxies as the background all over.. might make an interesting belt print.

bashango

i get the joke :D perhaps the earth is too bright. and is pulling attention away from the moon.

2gestalt

I always thought, that simulated process only works on light backgrounds. Anyway the colours are the only thing which stisfies me with this design at the moment. I´m afraid to put it on for scoring and get it rejected as v1 did. Is there any possibility to let this check by threadless before submitting?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us