Close
One second...

Metamorphosis

I've seen many images in the past that exploit the shape of the African continent to depict a human skull. I was interested in finding something more positive inspired by the theme of 'transformation'. Using traditional African art and pattern work.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
aled

I've seen many images in the past that exploit the shape of the African continent to depict a human skull. I was interested in finding something more positive inspired by the theme of 'transformation'. Using traditional African art and pattern work.

Pakpandir

Pretty clever design and looks nice on the tee. Nice one dude!

rhythmdev9

i do believe the laptop is yours... 5

ir0cko

niiice

jimmytan

Wow!!! AWESOME!!!!

Hildy 42

ya done good

Gar0

great use of African patterns in the wing.

dschwen

I could see this winning. $5

Devonaire

really nice

YaaH

HollyCow

Nicely done.

phyllisa

Nice! I personally think u shld include the (red) logo you have up there into the actual print design just below the butterfly, to make the significance just a teeny bit clearer.

sithocan

Has been done, but this one is more polished :)

ANCU

beautiful patterns

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

really nice work!

ounom

Muy bueno!

isawa

Interesting one, enjoy it!

andyg

Excellent!

opifan64

very smart design for the contest. I could easily see this winning.

DecaDry

very nice

CoolCow

Best I've seen, $5

Hooray Monkey

wow very nice pattern created!

addu

great

nikkyt

Like how subtle the Africa wings are. Real cool!

ChrisRx

Perfect.

FRICKINAWESOME

Really subtle, nice work for the theme man.

bobable

cool...

igo2cairo

Very clever and cool, perfect for the contest.

linkhero

real beaut man

hatch1331

que no se les udo ocurrir otra inche cosa, estan conectados del cerebro en linea... buhhh

bgonzalez

I really love your artwork...so much great though and ideas went into it...so I hate to mention this...(if its any consolation, your not the only one to use a monarch or monarch like butterfly in their product red design)....

Monarchs don't live in Africa. They live just about everywhere else... except the African continent. The closest they get are the Canary Islands...which are technically Europe.

There is, however, an African Monarch, which looks sort of similar. It would mean adjusting your art, but I think a native species is really important to the integrity of your concept.

Your patterns are super lovely and I adore this idea, despite the slight whoops. :)

aled

Thanks for you kind words and feedback!

This is an African Monarch. Consider that the 'Africa' wing shape is integral to the concept - I think the style is a good resemblance to the African Monarch. You have to make some allowance for artistic license, right? I wouldn't want to make it a precise match.

bgonzalez

Well, I suppose it can come down to subjective interpretation about accuracy of representation...Looks pretty North American Monarch, but it might just be me. And I doubt few people have done extensive research projects on Monarchs like I have, so I suppose not many will mind...

aled

I don't think it will matter so much to most people

Damierz123

dude...you are like the god of all threadless designs....you are my hero...

idilek

Really nice !

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?