That's A Rip! (xiv's brainchild)

Tired of scoring those designs with stolen images? Post 'em here so others will know what to look out for!!!

Found something that isn't a direct rip but is heavily influenced by a design already found on Threadless? Post it as well so people can make an educated decision. :)

Update: December 7, 2013

Slacker that I am, it's been over two years since I've been active on the forums. I've deleted the list on here as it's sorely out of date. Obviously people know how to navigate the pages and check out the rippers and ripees. :)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 22
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. ... 48
FlyingMonkeyMan
FlyingMonkeyMan

GAH I was looking for that ripped rip pic

FlyingMonkeyMan

Alright then, I got some This and this

were both used in this

Wasn't dedicated enough to find the headphones though. =)

FlyingMonkeyMan

so that leaves 2 of his now 6 subs left as ok...for the moment.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

You have no idea how many cartoon tigers i've seen in the last ten minutes.

...enough to kill a man

FlyingMonkeyMan

lol yeah, don't try looking for 'smile headphones' either. Hundreds of generic people enjoying having headphones on

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Who needs to actually draw when you can just make stock collages?

fightstacy

Tutorial used and uploaded direct result I should say, ...didn't use the tutorial to upskill and utilize in their own ideas, ..just submitted direct result.

fightstacy

Also, This james101681 is still at it! AT LARGE!! He's now accusing others of stealing his ideas, ..when he's just mashed Stock illustrations together.

He said this to another member on a design who took the time to draw his own up...

Really.... If you look at this link you will see I already submitted a design with the headphones as a smiley face. Concept was stolen... All you did is put it in a circle and change the headphones. This really stinks. Please create something original and not taken from someone else's idea... Thank you http://beta.threadless.com/ampitup/i-love-music-headphone-smiley-face/

When he's just slapped something together from others' work

He needs shutting down.

ImAGoldenGod

Wow...what a giant ego. It makes me throw up in my mouth lol

squintygirl

This is why I miss the ZERO.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

seems like there should be a "report" button or something, instead of just having to use this blog

squintygirl

I'd also like a 'shame on you', button. Maybe it could call the offenders mom with the message 'Your son/daughter is a disgrace. You must be very disappointed.'

fightstacy
squintygirl said:

I'd also like a 'shame on you', button. Maybe it could call the offenders mom with the message 'Your son/daughter is a disgrace. You must be very disappointed.'

and a little nozzle in their computer emits a cloud of general discomfort that follows them around for three to four weeks.

fightstacy
Ryder Revolution said:

seems like there should be a "report" button or something, instead of just having to use this blog

Japsolutely.

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

Yes, Threadless needs a shame button.

squintygirl

lol @ cloud of discomfort

fightstacy

Well, he's currently getting away with most of his crimes FMM, ..those college subs and headphones design are still up.

TheInfamousBaka

Uh oh indeed. Think they'd give him some compensation?

craquehaus

Crazy. I always wonder what happens after when things get ripped successfully. They should make a reality show about it.

Target & Schmoo: http://www.threadless.com/play/forum/post/702133/threadless_in_target__shmoo_ripped_off/?page=3

Urban Outfitters & Phil Jones: http://www.threadless.com/play/forum/post/961664/UrbanOutfitters_has_some_creative_designers/

Now this.

In other news I finally found a substitute for "great work!"... "Your --- design is going to be a smashing hit in the design trend!"

squintygirl

distributes Cloud of Shame

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

^This. It was printed but looks like it was pulled from the catalog for now at least. It turned out that the animal heads were copied from another artist's work.

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni
mechanicalrobotpower said:
squintygirl said:

and a little nozzle in their computer emits a cloud of general discomfort that follows them around for three to four weeks.

Forget the cloud of general discomfort. It should emit mustard gas!

ChrisDB

Any official word on the use of free to use stock imagery? Wondering for a couple reasons. I think I might have used it before in my design 'Build your own dragon.' As long as it's free to use for commercial use, it should be ok, right? Just this week I saw someone asking about realisitic moon drawings I believe, and they were pointed to NASA's site since their photos are all free to use apparently. It seems to me that photo collage type designs may be frowned upon? Now I'm someone developing both my drawing and digital skill, so I'm very in admiration of people who draw and paint etc. The thing is, I love photo collages too. It is a true art form as well, isn't it?

So I'm all for punching those guys who blatantly rip off someone else's design in the face. But I think I don't see much of a problem for free to use stock photos. Especially for exotic stuff.

Did I make any sense anywhere?

This stung a little mine

theirs

I must say though, that was a really great illo on their part. :)

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Collages from found images are totally OK as long as the images are in the public domain.

fightstacy

additionally, his threadless profile image is not him at all, ..it's Taylor Fuchs in a cowboy hat. ...it's super low when you start ripping from the male model industry as well.

TheInfamousBaka

But he's "i am very cool guy i am a artist."

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
ChrisDB said:

Any official word on the use of free to use stock imagery? Wondering for a couple reasons. I think I might have used it before in my design 'Build your own dragon.' As long as it's free to use for commercial use, it should be ok, right? Just this week I saw someone asking about realisitic moon drawings I believe, and they were pointed to NASA's site since their photos are all free to use apparently. It seems to me that photo collage type designs may be frowned upon? Now I'm someone developing both my drawing and digital skill, so I'm very in admiration of people who draw and paint etc. The thing is, I love photo collages too. It is a true art form as well, isn't it?

So I'm all for punching those guys who blatantly rip off someone else's design in the face. But I think I don't see much of a problem for free to use stock photos. Especially for exotic stuff.

Did I make any sense anywhere?

This stung a little mine

theirs

I must say though, that was a really great illo on their part. :)

Stock images are fine to use as a base... but you definitely need to build upon them. Using them as they are and making the image a focal point is kind of lame and very lazy.

Example: Look at my printed designs. Found images used, but they've been changed up a lot.

I'd stay clear of using stock illustrations though. 99% of the time that shit looks terrible and someone will point it out.

Dan Yingling
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Here's another cool dude! Naresh TEE DESIGNER

Has two subs in the running.. i love music guitar and flyer party

using stock images.. Swirly Vector Guitar and Silhouette Party Splats respectively...

or more, disrespectfully.

...which I find weird he would steal like this, ...he is a TEE DESIGNER ...why would he need to take others' images?

I went through all of his designs. They were all stolen and most were complete rips rather than portions like the guitar. Anyway. GONE

squintygirl

The Cloud of Shame wins again!

fightstacy
Dan Yingling said:

I went through all of his designs. They were all stolen and most were complete rips rather than portions like the guitar. Anyway. GONE

Thanks Dan! ..I don't understand how people can do that, ..and think they've done something great. ...it's mind melting!

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 22
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. ... 48