Close
One second...

That's A Rip! (xiv's brainchild)

Tired of scoring those designs with stolen images? Post 'em here so others will know what to look out for!!!

Found something that isn't a direct rip but is heavily influenced by a design already found on Threadless? Post it as well so people can make an educated decision. :)

Update: December 7, 2013

Slacker that I am, it's been over two years since I've been active on the forums. I've deleted the list on here as it's sorely out of date. Obviously people know how to navigate the pages and check out the rippers and ripees. :)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 20
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. ... 42
Dan Yingling

Yes. I read it every day. It's gone.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

haha...and dan said you shall have none!!

squintygirl

That's the shame about Atrium. Some things just need to be zeroed and zeroed hard.

squintygirl

That dude's got a lot of subs, now I'm really suspicious.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

And there seems to be a wide variety of art styles in his work, too.

squintygirl

I checked his profile, too, and it's very, very suspicious.

Dan Yingling

AH! Come on! Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous now....I'll take care of it.

EN AJUSTES

Dude subbed over 40 subs in just one month...

Dan Yingling

Yeah it was definitely suspect, but for a while all the art that he was submitting was the same style, I figured he was just killing it and I can't find anything anywhere to suggest that most of that stuff isn't his own. It's really disappointing that he's ripping art.

squintygirl

I'm sure some of our resident super sleuths can uncover something for us, THEY GOT MAD SKILLS.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

actually I kept wondering about that guy even though there was no direct evidence that most of those were rips. But just something off about him.

ivanrodero

He gets 0's from me since "his" last subs, I don't even wait to see if someone finds a ripped original...

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

EN AJUSTES on Oct 03 '12 at 4:10pm Dude subbed over 40 subs in just one month...

I've known him on society6 for a while and he has a lot of work up there so it's not surprising that he would have a lot of material to sub. I can't vouch for him since I don't know him personally but I think you have to have stronger evidence than "wow, he's subbed a lot" in order to crucify someone.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

I should add that I've seen some of his process blogs on society6 and those definitely show that he created the original artwork. It's a serious charge to accuse an artist of stealing and this blog gets a bit ridiculous sometimes I have to say.

EN AJUSTES

Wait wait, I never said that he is a total ripoff because of subbing a lot. I just thought it wasn't a minor fact. It's not at all common that someone subs that much, all decent or better pieces, in so many different styles. It was just a comment, an observation. The accusation of stealing actually comes from 3 specific subs, one ripping Quino, one ripping Geoff Mcfetridge, and one ripping Mathiole, all of them blatantly.

EN AJUSTES

I think that's reason enough for someone to decide scoring zero on his most elaborated and legit pieces.

EN AJUSTES

Yeah. He seems to know how to work in design-illustration, why would he submit other people's artwork¨?

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

this seems extremely familiar.

wowrainbows
wowrainbows profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I like his new astronaut board. Instead of ripping mathiole he just made it much more ugly.

FlyingMonkeyMan

This isn't a rip by any means, but I feel like these people are abusing the system. Especially the guy that said he made 5 accounts to 5$ it. Thought I'd just post it here.

Thoughts?

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

oh god.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

:(

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

that's pretty fucked up. I mean ok, having minions/ fans/ whatever is one thing, but this is some other random dude who is for some reason popular and has told all his friends to come here and barf up their pointless comments about him on this one particular sub. I mean I know it won't win the competition, but surely there should be some regulation against stuff like this.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

I kind of feel bad for the submitter because I think it'll do more harm than good to them, and give them false hope. (the person that made the video isn't the same person as the submitter from what I gather)

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Abusing the system to get a high score? Yes.

Abusing the system to get it printed? No, because that's not even what the system is.

But yeah, no reason to hate the designer, the only "problem" is the Minecraft kiddies' herd mentality. Also wrong blog for this.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

Comments: 143 comments Average score: 4.38 from 2,172 votes

fucking hysterical :)

diegoverhagen

I'm famous lol wow, what is the problem in learning and implementing various styles of design?, even more technical, I leave my website to see another of my styles that I do not publish on these sites for obvious reason

www.dvdesign.com.ar

oh one more thing, does one day I'm designer nor did my work in a month greetings and appreciate the time they spent in criticizing my work.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

EN AJUSTES

LOL

@Diego Disculpame si te parece drástico lo que digo, pero tenés que admitir que fue una pésima movida la de subir piezas ajenas. Con un ejemplo es más que suficiente, y vos ya lo hiciste 3 veces. Dicho eso, agrego que me gustan los que parecen ser tus trabajos reales, indicadores de que tenés lo que se necesita para ser un ilustrador reconocido. Sin necesidad de plagiar.

diegoverhagen

esto es muy simple, mis trabajos son mios no parecen mios, si los diseños no son mios aclaro que son tributos como el de quino, o sea no tengo nada que esconder, no necesito de los demas para resaltar puedo hacer solo, pero bueno parece que a algunos le molesta que los demas se expresen y como son horribles diseñando y no llegan a nada! ja salen a pegar, pero lo que si son bastante cara rotas, digo esto porque sabemos que aca hay choreo y muy grabe, choreo! de cualquier manera estos comentarios no me modifican la vida de hecho se quien soy y lo que hago no voy a dejar de hacerlo por gente que ni conosco comente este tipos de cosas.

gracias por tu tiempo, ah y vos tmb tenes trabajos copados si es que son tuyos ja saludos.

EN AJUSTES

Y el de Mathiole y el de Mcfetridge, también eran tributos? Redibujar y dar color a un dibujo de Quino, no es un tributo. Eso es choreo.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

accountdelete.

diegoverhagen

no les voy a dar mas credito busquence a otro para romperle las pelotas y vardear, total al final el que decide son los de .threadless.

saludos!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

i don't speak french...

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

It's a glitch in a system , it happened here also - beta

squintygirl

Wow, a third party commented on that design claiming that the design is his. CONFUSED!

Dan Yingling

I will take are of those beta subs right away. as far as that other guy -"this clown" - i took care of him, i knew something was off with that dude. ridiculous.

EN AJUSTES

Patrick Seymour on Oct. 9, 2012 at 15:36:15 I don't want to rub your work.

wowrainbows
1 design submitted -

wowrainbows
1 design submitted -

Caught in the act!

Dan Yingling

What's the story with that?

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 20