Close
One second...

That's A Rip! (xiv's brainchild)

Tired of scoring those designs with stolen images? Post 'em here so others will know what to look out for!!!

Found something that isn't a direct rip but is heavily influenced by a design already found on Threadless? Post it as well so people can make an educated decision. :)

Update: December 7, 2013

Slacker that I am, it's been over two years since I've been active on the forums. I've deleted the list on here as it's sorely out of date. Obviously people know how to navigate the pages and check out the rippers and ripees. :)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 18
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. 26
  11. ... 43
Manupix

Hah, this ^ is a familiar username in this blog :S

Also I find this very suspicious:

Like this guy suddenly taught himself to draw like a badass? Couldn't find it anywhere though.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

From here, mostly

ica306

ok guys so i was scoring designs in the simple challenge and stumbled upon on this. i don't know would this be considered as a rip off so i'm here to ask u guys. i wouldn't said anything but i think it's weird it happened in the same challenge. i'm a little worried because my design was up for like 7 days before his. it could also affect the originality of my design...

anyway here is my design "nerds"

and this is his "science"

Manupix

It's been done before, lots. Yours is better anyway =)

ica306

thx man :)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

similar thing just happened to me in the simple challenge, although the overlap was only a few days so it wasn't a rip, but ti's still frustrating to see an idea similar to yours get done at the same time (especially when it massively out scores mine as this one did!)

And then I'm on the other side of it now - subbed a design yesterday that I've had as WIP since May last year, only to find Wharton had subbed something similar a couple of days before. I'm massively annoyed with myself that I've somehow been beaten to a design I've had for 14 months!!!

ica306

i know what you mean, it's a bit frustrating, but luckily mine scored better. i really wouldn't said anything if i saw it as regular submission but seeing it in the same challenge after 7 days is a bit fishy to me but what can u do... thx for your response

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

^ wow.

Wait and how did it get approved for scoring?

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Lahar on Jul 09 '12 at 12:04pm ^ wow. Wait and how did it get approved for scoring?

Interns?

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

I thought it but didn't want to say it.

Manupix

Unfortunately this finished scoring: Go Media

squintygirl

I voted that one a 1, but wish I could have given it a nice, fat zero.

Manupix

Heh, it's been a while! Looks like stricter acceptance = less thieves.

From The BB&B comp: Enchantment, well surprise! It's not even a real design, just a classic fractal tree that's everywhere.

squintygirl

I miss having a zero in the Atrium.

Manupix

It's one of those days ;_;

Seriously Rachel or Kate, if you still look at this blog: 1) how does this even make it in, and 2) this guy is a serial ripper, why does he still have an account.

inkdummy
inkdummy profile pic Alumni

I still haven't got proof for this one:

But I know for certain I've seen it on Deviantart YEARS ago, and a dude/dudette that talented should have a webpage or more webprescense. This user does not. Maybe someone who's more haxxx0r can solve this?

inkdummy

Or maybe I'm just waaay off. His/her crits at least seem somewhat cohesive.

inkdummy

Damn that's a relief!!! Thanks for taking the time, Manu. It's not often one remembers pieces on Deviantart, but I really liked this one, so it stuck. I'd hate to see be ripped off. Now, if you'll excuse me - I'll go 5 this with a clear concience.

umamama

Trojan Rabbit looks very similar to László Réber style

Outlaw01

^ it's the premonition movie poster.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

total f'n rip...i knew it but couldn't place it. that would've bugged me for a long time, thanks

inkdummy

Haha, hasn't Premoniion been ripped a bunch of times on here? There's something about Sandra.

Manupix

Same guy, new rip:

1, 2

Manupix

Three rips from one designer:

here,

there,

here and there.

Looks like we're seeing rips again at the time when the admission bar has been lowered again. * sigh *

Manupix

Oh noes...

From the guy who posted the bird from UP:

from this book,

from here.

This comment from Bird, too: Sorry . I upload this bird when I found this site.I told myself that it wil be easy too fool you guys.But now I realise that this is a serios thing and I made some new designs,whith I think are really cool.

the czar

Fuck, and I gave the girl. balloon design a nice score too. Some people are just unbelievable.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

Oh la la!! mytzaq is an incredible ripper

Manupix

Here we go again. This and many more should be obvious to weed out. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

here, art by Oliver Barrett.

Manupix

Correction: was done with the original artist's consent. See comments.

Now this: unchanged free stuff.

The same guy has these up which are from a single DA account:

Looks suspicious; someone with a DA please check? Profile info is tenuous. Why wouldn't he advertise his TL subs on his DA as he does for other stuff?

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

dude, seriously? this whole copy/pasting stuff is f'n hilarious. a little sad, but still hilarious.

Manupix

Someone got tired of low scores and has found a shortcut.

Josh Keyes

here

there

and probably more.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

...hahhaha, and still getting shit scores.

what is wrong with people, seriously.

xtiffany

Dude you are swift at catching these.

Dan Yingling

Yeah nice work, I am taking care of these.

squintygirl

Zeroes can be so satisfying sometimes.

Manupix

Yeah nice work, I am taking care of these.

I love some swift action!

• loud applause *
myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

Hmmmm....

Looks an awful lot like TeoZ's work

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 18
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21