Close
One second...

That's A Rip! (xiv's brainchild)

Tired of scoring those designs with stolen images? Post 'em here so others will know what to look out for!!!

Found something that isn't a direct rip but is heavily influenced by a design already found on Threadless? Post it as well so people can make an educated decision. :)

Update: December 7, 2013

Slacker that I am, it's been over two years since I've been active on the forums. I've deleted the list on here as it's sorely out of date. Obviously people know how to navigate the pages and check out the rippers and ripees. :)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 16
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. ... 47
FlyingMonkeyMan

I don't even know people

100% copied from:

I don't know if that's a joke or what...

italiux

Hahaha maybe everyone wants to be a poke trainer now

Manupix

I know for a fact that this is a rip-off, but I can't remember from what for the life of me and google unexpectedly ignores it.

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

I mean... really?

Resistance

Failed bump

bcrider

headdesk

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

Just a question.. SPYKEEE's got a design up that has Chip Kidd's Jurassic Park skeleton silhouette, only mirrored. Does mirroring make it fair use, or..?

Resistance

My opinion is that he needs to change it more. That's an iconic skeleton and he could make a handful of modifications to "make it his own".

Resistance

I feel l like I've seen this before...

Manupix

Resistance on Mar 22 '12 at 9:19am I feel l like I've seen this before...

Exactly my feeling too, but I couldn't find it and my old man's memory is failing me.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Resistance on Mar 22 '12 at 9:19am I feel l like I've seen this before...

same

Resistance

I swear it was on Tumblr... but I can't find it

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

Oh man, where have I seen that?

bcrider

It's like Romain du Roi, where it shows the new roman typeface thing with the circles... isn't that what it's called? But it doesn't even look quite right. Maybe I'm just used to seeing it on actual gridlines...

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

I can't confirm that this is a rip quite yet, but it seems unlikely that all these technical drawings were done by the submitter:

bcrider

I went to Google and typed in 'thomas edison patent drawings' and found a couple of this guy's "drawings". I don't know if they're in the public domain, but I'd put money on the fact that he didn't draw 'em.

bcrider

turn this one clockwise.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

don't know if they're in the public domain, but I'd put money on the fact that he didn't draw 'em.

I'm sure they're in public domain. That part doesn't bother me, what does though is that he didnt change them in any way and straight out says that he did the artwork (draw them).

People are complimenting his drawing capabilities when he didnt even draw them in the first place.

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

check these 2:

ripped from HERE

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

good. plagarism... really pisses me off here at Threadless. This 'name-and-shame' is a great idea.

bottleHeD

High time Threadless got a "report this" button.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

I took a few of the eactual Edison patent drawings and placed them on top of his drawings. They match up perfectly...

xiv on Mar 30 '12 Did you honestly draw all of these yourself? I ask because if you google search thomas edison patent drawings you can find most of these same drawings... and when over-layed they match up almost perfectly.

His response: Dreamspace on Mar 30 '12 xiv. The original drawing is just the Edison picture. i happen to take reference from online for the rest of the diagrams. They are his inventions and i gave them as it is.

Tracing drawings done by someone else, arranging them on a shirt and then adding a separate portrait to the center does not deserve a 3+ score.

bcrider

Tracing drawings done by someone else, arranging them on a shirt and then adding a separate portrait to the center does not deserve a 3+ score.

This.

bcrider

Score seems to be falling, at least. 2.96 at the moment.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

He says he didn't know but they are even on the same template. Probably an honest mistake, but how many times do we need this shirt submitted. Insert "The More You Know" logo here.

bscott01

So I was just now scoring and I saw this design:

this is the exact same concept that I did not even two weeks ago here:

not cool.

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

Doesn't look like a rip to me, more like a coincidence in the concept.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

could of sworn I scored this same submission the other day and it was submitted by someone else... but now i cant find it.

Manupix

The frames are here, couldn't find the others but I know I've seen the amputee girl before. Shitty copy paste work too.

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 16
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. ... 47