Close
One second...

That's A Rip! (xiv's brainchild)

Tired of scoring those designs with stolen images? Post 'em here so others will know what to look out for!!!

Found something that isn't a direct rip but is heavily influenced by a design already found on Threadless? Post it as well so people can make an educated decision. :)

Update: December 7, 2013

Slacker that I am, it's been over two years since I've been active on the forums. I've deleted the list on here as it's sorely out of date. Obviously people know how to navigate the pages and check out the rippers and ripees. :)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 39
bcrider

Threadless design:

Ripped from: which was used for a San Francisco Zoo ad.

biotwist

yep, cool photo tho

bcrider

Sorry, meant to mention that the zebra/giraffe rip was found by pilihp. :)

bortwein

haha, I was typing that one out at the same time.

bcrider

Threadless design (this one seems to be a hung jury):

(potentially) Ripped from: by Sam Weber, found by xiv.

bcrider

Oh, oops! Sorry Brandon! LOL

Ivantobealone

I disliked all of these when voting and I didn't even know!

bottleHeD

I have a ton of these marked under "Watch This".. will post them one by one.

bcrider

That would be awesome, Kailash!

bortwein

Honestly, I think Cannonball is more like a source image and less like a rip. It's a photo and the tee designer changed up a lot about the character to make it his own. We all can't draw like Alex so sometimes we source.

Plu Shu

Alex used a source pic for his first Tron sub ;p I hope someone from the staff flags this thread though

bcrider

bortwein on Oct 12 '10 at 3:10pm We all can't draw like Alex so sometimes we source.

XD

I cracked up so bad at that.

bottleHeD

@Bortwein, I understand that, I often use a montage of images for reference, perspective and lighting and stuff when I'm drawing too, but I don't directly trace any of them. Tracing someone's else's work without credit is a rip, no matter how you look at it.

bortwein

"We all can't draw like Alex so sometimes we source." The next big Type Tee!

bottleHeD

And the Alex thing was a crushing disappointment really.

bcrider

bortwein on Oct 12 '10 at 3:18pm "We all can't draw like Alex so sometimes we source." The next big Type Tee!

I'd Buy It!

bcrider

I can't see the rip for Royale with Cheese... dunno if it's because I'm at work or what. :) I missed scoring that one, however.

Mya Jamila

I couldn't see the rip for Royale with Cheese either. I got a "You do not have permission to view this directory or page." message.

FRICKINAWESOME
1 design submitted - Score now!

This is a super good idea for a blog...WATCHED and then some!

Can we also post shirts that aren't direct rips but heavily "inspired" by other Threadless designs from the past?

biotwist

Bort, Royale rip is is signed by "scam"

aled

TRACED! ZERO

aled

Compare that to the source image I used for my Tron design.

randyotter3000

fatheed calling trace, now I've seen it all lol

aled

lol

bcrider

FRICKINAWESOME on Oct 12 '10 at 5:10pm This is a super good idea for a blog...WATCHED and then some!

Can we also post shirts that aren't direct rips but heavily "inspired" by other Threadless designs from the past?

Sure; if it's noted that it's not a direct rip, at least it gives people an idea of what's what to make their own decisions. :)

rhythmdev9

the fucking guy submitted another one with the same character :|

Morkki

Aw man :(

It looks like he can draw, so... why not draw his own stuff?

EricDiaz

oh man.

biotwist

actually he cant draw, he said he found it on google and mixed it with a bunch of other stuff he had, probably didn't even know about resolution

mgill52

I don't see a problem with cannonball

mismonaut

vs

I scored this earlier and gave it a pretty okay score, thinking, "Oh, what a similar idea. Oh well, he probably didn't know about the other design and he did a pretty good job with this."

But looking at the two of them side by side, it's pretty egregious. Exactly the same image, redrawn to be more edgy. It's like a mountain dew commercial from the nineties.

Shot one: Normal, ho-hum scene of old ladies playing BRIDGE Shot two: XXXTREME SNOWBOARDERS ON FIRE BATTLING EACH OTHER WITH DEADLY, KNIFE-SHARP PLAYING CARDS!!!!

Cut to Mountain Dew Logo.

bcrider

Yep, totally agreed about gametee.

CommunistRobot

I like how he admits to just taking gametee off google.

bcrider

"If I admit it, it's not wrong."

FRICKINAWESOME
1 design submitted - Score now!

haha, straight from the number one scoring Tron Loves design!

Who would have noticed? the perfect crime!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 39
No account?