Close
One second...

Thanks Canada

In honor of your Thanksgiving tomorrow I'd like to thank you for all the awesome stuff you've exported.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9F_XHb81N0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9F_XHb81N0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Most of all thanks for all the cool Threadlessers you have provided. I hope to visit each one someday.

Hey rest of the world what would like to thank Canada for?

Watch this
the czar

RUSH!! Sam Roberts!

Marty Brodeur!!

sanka

sanka

sanka

sanka

sanka

sanka

rhythmdev9

ummm... i'm not really sure all those are form Canada

Basketball - Massachusetts Phonograph and Lightbulb - New Jersey

sanka

The first patent for the electric light bulb was in 1874 by Henry Woodward, in Toronto, who sold the patent to Thomas Edison.

Basketball was invented by James Naismith, a Canadian teacher.

Phonograph, I believe, was first invented by Alexander Graham Bell.

rhythmdev9

I didn't know Naismith was Canadian,

Phonograph is also and Edison.

robotwaste

I'd like to second this:

When I was a kid, we only had 4 channels. PBS, NBC, CBS, and ABC. We used to have an antenna on our roof that you could control from this weird electrical box next to the tv that would turn it north, south, east or west. It took forever to tune in channels.

Anyway, when I was around 10 or 11, my town finally got cable with 24 channels, and one of the those was Nickelodeon. "You Can't Do That on Television" was the first show I ever saw on cable and it blew my mind.

sanka

I think you're right about the phonograph... Bell modified the design but it was first constructed by Edison. My mistake.

rhythmdev9

How could I have forgotten this?

sanka

sanka

sanka

sanka

sort of....

spacesick 2

thanks for dez diaz, canada!

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i THIRD

rhythmdev9

<big><big>OMG HOW DID I FORGET

</big></big>

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

ABOVE ALL THANK YOU CANADA FOR THESE OL' GEEZERS :)

No account?
Join Us