One second...

Your viewpoint about street art.

how do you think about those street arts appeared on your front wall without a notice?

Do you thik it could become a part of art history?

or just visual polutions?

Watch this

I live in the suburbs, but I'd let banksy tag my shit. Good graffiti is great. Bad graffiti is horrible. It's all about the artist really.

i don't have a front wall, but if i did, i'd rather have something nice to look at vs plain concrete or brick

It's interesting in some ways. Like it's often anonymous and potentially transient.

Like Banksy got asked to do a stencil in Melbourne of a rat (so this one is not quite as anonymous as something he just does himself) but some council workers who had to go to that particular alley to kill all the rats misunderstood and wiped off the graffiti instead so now it's gone.

And that doesn't even take into account the possibility that someone's just going to come along and put their tags all over it and make it look like shit.

biotwist profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I look down on street art

I have seen a lot anonymous artists tried to take this art form to next level, such as oil paintings, and here on t shirts and wearings. and i can see these attempts didnt end up well enough.

art is art is art

none is better or superior or anything like that

Banksy is up there with the greats as far as I'm concerned. Also like cartoons, manga, doodles etc.

Banksy: The Art we look at is made by only a select few. A small group create, promote, purchase, exhibit and decide the success of Art. Only a few hundred people in the world have any real say. When you go to an Art gallery you are simply a tourist looking at the trophy cabinet of a few millionaires...

Ha. Says the man who sells his work to millionaires. He has become part of the system.

Good for him, I'd do the same. :) I think he only intended to make thought-provoking cool pictures, rather than actually bring down capitalism!

staffell profile pic Alumni

I grew up with graffiti. It's the reason I got into graphics in the first place. I love all forms of street art.

gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

A lot of the street art is fairly bad. Then again, so is a lot of the gallery art. I like it that street art is accessible and often at least tries to communicate, which can't be said of a lot of navel gazing gallery art. I like being surprised by a good piece of street art any day.

No account?
Join Us