Close
One second...

Flynn 2.0

This is a redesigned/updated version of my past submission: "Legacy of Flynn". I have updated and improved the the design on the hood and did a total redesign of the Identity Disc on the back of the shirt.

This a one color print with "Super Glow" ink to be printed on black pull over hoodies and black short sleeve tees.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
HDDoobie

This is a redesigned/updated version of my past submission: "Legacy of Flynn". I have updated and improved the the design on the hood and did a total redesign of the Identity Disc on the back of the shirt.

This a one color print with "Super Glow" ink to be printed on black pull over hoodies and black short sleeve tees.

YaaH

Danspen

I'd wear it!

HDDoobie

@timpaint

Thanks. I couldn't resist. I already had most of it designed.

Recently I found better Tron Legacy production images online that I wasn't able to find when I did my past Tron Legacy submission. So I used the new images I found to help me improve and update on my design and make it more accurate.

lightning113

even though this has already kind of been done with the whole "my other ride is a light cycle" shirt, but this one is for the new tron movie with the new design which is aweessoomme! also its on a black hoodie in stead f blue :D awesome design 5 $ great job

tronsta

So weird they would have this contest after you submitted your first design, Doobie. I like the updated lines, 5$ from me.

weja

this works really well as a hoodie. the back especiall is win.

weja

especially* P:

aavlee

I'll take a hoodie pleaaaaase!

crassmonkey

Hurry up and make the hoodie so I can wear it this fall!!!!

FRICKINAWESOME

I'm glad you took the time to re-design something that has already been printed on Threadless.

HDDoobie

You're telling me this design has already printed? If you're talking about my "Legacy of Flynn" design, well that one was only voted on; it never went to print. So I went back and and updated and improved my design so I could resubmit it for this contest. If it actually got printed why would I go back resubmit it?

HDDoobie

You're telling me this design has already printed? If you're talking about my "Legacy of Flynn" design, well that one was only voted on; it never went to print. So I went back and and updated and improved my design so I could resubmit it for this contest. If it actually got printed why would I go back resubmit it?

DesignbyProxy

no offense but it looks exactly the same as your old one.

HDDoobie

I posted in the "About my design" area above about the changes I made.

DesignbyProxy

I see that you added that, and added a line or a dot or something on the hood., my point is, the comment I made on your old one

"Like my first attempts 2 years ago, it's just not polished enough and in addition all of the different screens it would take to print this design would cost a fortune..."

didn't seem to really resonate. I'm not trying to be overly critical, but rather try to help improve your design.

It's a decent idea, I just think the new movie designs don't lend themselves to the same sort of "costume" that the old Tron movie had.

saleemkhan

Derivative of "My other ride is a lightcycle" and it seems more crisp than the other suit-style designs that have been submitted... but I'd still buy it.

HDDoobie

@martiandrivein No offense taken. It's just that you first comment posted here was a little vague. I thought you were just saying I didn't do anything to it at all and just resubmitted it.

Your 1980's Tron shirt design is really nice BTW, I like it. I've always loved Tron ever since I saw it many years ago when I was a kid. So anything with Tron I love.

I get what you're saying as the new actual screen used costumes in the new Tron Legacy movie are not that advanced of a design compared to the 1980's Tron movie. I understand that.

I did't think there was much I can do to this design to improve it. When I first submitted original design I was using what ever production and concept images from the Tron Legacy movie that I could find (not much at the time). But of course now with the movie get closer to release time a lot more images have pop up. And of course I noticed a few corrections I was able to make on it so I went and made the changes to make it more screen accurate. On my old design on the back of the hoodie they were just 2 lines but replaced them with 2 ovals and added the 2 small circles. Plus I redesigned the Identity Disc on the back adding in a lot more detail than I had my old submission.

What are some specific changes that you think would help improve this design? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

tjc45

awesome!

Mr Rocks

opps... I mean 'not 100% original'

HDDoobie

@Mr Rocks Yes it was already mentioned 3 posted ago.

CarpeDium

Make this 3x hoodie and I'll buy it

bethanthemum

I like it as a starting point... it's the kind of thing they could officially produce if they wanted, but they gave Threadless the chance to make something more creative. I have heard (and share the opinion) that the new suits are too sleek; maybe you could make a compromise between the classic and Legacy designs, like this but with more old-school circuitry?

dcdomain

I already purchased the other Tron Hoody but I'm definitely up to buy this one if printed.

HalcyonJedi

Dude, if you were able to get the Super Glow ink on a hoodie like that I'd drop $50 for one no problem. Definitely scoring a 5$ from me!

SeanBlader

I'd buy that hoodie, need one to replace my Pirates of the Carribean hoodie.

briancook
1 design submitted - Score now!

SeanBlader on Oct 05 '10 I'd buy that hoodie, need one to replace my Pirates of the Carribean hoodie.

bobamatt

The hoodie is amazing! Instant buy for me.

bksteve

win.5.buy$

EricDiaz

martiandrivein on Oct 01 '10 no offense but it looks exactly the same as your old one.

oh, the irony haha

senoraaron01

2.85 average score? THIS IS MADNESS! I wanted that one. :(

mgill52

shakethesheets on Oct 09 '10 EricDiaz on Oct 07 '10 martiandrivein on Oct 01 '10 no offense but it looks exactly the same as your old one.

oh, the irony haha

haha, found this a little perplexing too

canonis

Where can I buy one of these?

blindbartemais

man this is a great F-ing design man, just beautiful..hopefully can see it get made id instantly fork over money for it. Love it, hopefully the artist gets it printed so i can buy it.

dezconocido

¿cómo lo compro?

DaftPunk88

Very very nice design! If you have more I wil buy to wear to the premiere of Tron Legacy :) Will fit nicely to my Daft Punk helmet. How can i buy it? Cheers!

D.A.LAW

I seriously want this jacket, BADLY. Is there any way to buy it from you directly?

D.A.LAW

I seriously want this jacket, BADLY. Is there any way to buy it from you directly?

D.A.LAW

XxIron_tronxX

i would most definately buy this hoodie, one question how would you incorperate the design and if so, would this be iron on

briancook
1 design submitted - Score now!

Good news for fans of this shirt, bad news for HDDoobie.

This already basically exists on this site and you can

BUY IT HERE!

blindbartemais

epic fail chengui its like it of course but not the same, such a shame great modern design too bad hardcore dutch bags wont like it although myself i love the original tron but the other design you fools keep pushing is in fact a copy of another artist work itself, although i hate to be the obvious but a circuit board isn't creative its just a circuit board the only thing that actually makes it something other then a circuit board is what might be attached to it...in other words this design is in of its own as well because its a modern tron and well its totally less embarrassing to wear. FLYNN LIVES! XD

blindbartemais

in fact another point from most if not all of these replies is O.o..all of them mention how they want the hoodie of this design...not the shirt..XD kinda obvious if you pay attention. and most of them mention how they would actually buy it as opposed to the only small handfull of hard core nay sayers. HDDoobie you should try publishing this to another site or work on this yourself it seems like it would really sell.FLYNN LIVES!

SteveOramA

here, i'll make it simple for you guys.

not gonna happen.

just saying.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?