Close
One second...

The box was always more fun than the gift

• by simwells
  • posted Sep 23, 2010
  • 22 Comments

A design based on imagination and one of the many items that a box can become.

Watch this
simwells

A design based on imagination and one of the many items that a box can become.

mj00
mj00 profile pic Alumni

This is awesome!

Surfacing

This is great! I definitely like it more on black.

weja

pretty neat concept, i wish the box looked more worn and boxy though! did the kiddie get sucked away into imaginationland?? :D

Lazytulip

I love this and I love it on both blue and black! I love all the little details; the bear, the blueprints, the lighted control panels, and the screens...all of it! It just brings a smile to my face! Voted of course!

simwells

The thought was that the viewer was taking the place of the child, about to enter through the box into the imaginary world.

simwells

The thought was that the viewer was taking the place of the child, about to enter through the box into the imaginary world.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

PyroBobby

Or maybe..the gift was built into the box, and the box was always considered part of every product. But the idea of that was unable to be taken into mind by adults. 4.

pia.tra
pia.tra profile pic Alumni

great

mrmots

this' true! $5 very nice concept indeed

GOenogo

wow awesome! good idea!

simwells

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Great perspective and idea!

Would love to see a child in the navigation seat and maybe a little bit of brighter backyard, outside environment around the box to further bring home the boy in the box is clearly on another adventure in his/her imagination.

childmirror

Niiccee Wooorrk!!!...

TattooedBear

Score! 5ive!

As for the missing child, to me I see it as his plan worked. He made it to where he wanted to go. His imagination took him to another world. A better world.

Eriqucha Y.O

I've always been in love whit boxes1

Danspen

Great concept, that's wicked.

flapjacks

The concept is kind of cool, but I'm not a fan of the execution.

No account?