Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
xxErynn

I got the mermaid hoodie for my sister, the gray for my nephew and a shirt for me for Christmas and we've had no problems with them. Remember to make something glow it needs to be exposed to light first. I'm not really sure what's going on with everyone else's stuff but ours is fabulous.

shantaku64

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement when my Mermaid hoodie finally arrived in the mail about a week ago :) (it took forever to get here but i say it was well worth it)

I was anxious to see how mine would turn out, reading all these negative comment had me scared to death of disappointment, which is why i decided to order it for myself first before getting it for my boyfriend. Overall I say I got extremely lucky, the design looks pretty centered to me and none of my friends have noticed any flaws. I have seen it glow, some parts may not be as bright as others but that could easily be because of uneven light exposure. As for the smell, its not bad at all, i haven't had to spray it with anything yet.

I'm very happy with it

DoctorRogers

I got the blue hoodie, and it is positioned fine and glows fine. I'm afraid to wash it though, I love it too much to ruin it.

Epyonsaber

So the whole hoodie WAS supposed to glow! Only the shoulders and hood bits glow on mine. (Tron hoodie btw)

haydenc

wore the mermaid green hoody to Tron :3

ravenstar113

My mermaid green tron hoodie came in the mail today. I ordered a size L in girls--- everything they say about ordering a size down is true. I should have gotten a medium, but i like the looser fit. It does not smell at all, and overall, I am in love with it. But there's one problem...only the shoulders and hood glow. Should I place the rest of it under light? Because I even wore it out into the sun and it still shows no signs of life... :/. I have no problem with piling or bad smells, but I'm hesitant to wash it. Otherwise, apart from the fact only the shoulders/hood glows, it's perfect. Can someone help me with making the rest glow? :)? This was my first purchase from Threadless, and overall, I'm happy despite the minor flaws.

d3monicferret

I have a mermaid hoodie and it glows wonderfully everywhere and doesn't smell. There is a bit of pilling, but it doesn't bother me enough for me to care much. The glow printing and the color printing are a tiny bit misaligned in some places, but again, not enough for me to care.

Ernestotaku

I don't have one yet, but I think you should "recharge" the drawing first. This are flurophores that must get excited from a soure of light in order to glow. So, put your t-shirt or hoodie in front of a lamp during 30 seconds or so, making yourself sure the it has been exposed, turn off the lights and it should glow a lot.

Anyways, I'm waiting for mine, so I'll tell you.

ravenstar113

okay, thanks for the advice!

kostake

i Want to buy 2 T-Shirt and 2 Hoodie... It realy glow in the dark? if is true i will buy it :D

Maverick831

I wore my tron hoodie at electronica at disney califorina adventure....it glowed

ada_is

Oh, man, I am all over this.

So, not only is the design straight, there's no smell, and the complete design glows in the dark, but it also came with this laser that like... put me in some computer system.... I AM PLAYING DISC WARS AND RIDING LIGHTCYCLES AND FIGHTING FOR USERS. MCP is goin' DOWN!

All thanks to you, Threadless.

flyijumper123

Is it me or does the asphalt hoodie almost look brown? is it supposed to look grey? Im torn between this and the blue hoodie! Plus im worried about getting a hoodie with a bad smell!

keyblade

This is the sickest tee ever! :DD

archie-d

Got the asphalt hoodie, it looks badass. sadly it smells like ass. Seems to be getting worse. my whole computer room currently smells of it.

Justus929

in m personal oppinion my favorite is the blue one

SkullBashTaco

ok before i buy the hoodie which is the red one and which is the blue one. if i'm correct

then Asphalt is the red one then mermaid is the blue one ???

help me if i'm right thx...

Tazinie

@SkullBashTaco, Yeah you got it :)

Louiselebeau

I just got my replacement for my hoodie that was the mermaid in a 2X. The design is so off center there is ink (paint whatever) on the zipper. I told them that was the problem with it the first time and they just sent me one that was the exact same. It took a whole month also. I have NEVER had such terrible service from threadless and I am very upset. Do not order a 2X mermaid hoodie, they are all messed up!

DorinaS

If the hoodie was available in XS i would buy it. Small is always too long for my arms and the shoulder seam is where a normal tshirt sleeve would be. if you're tiny: do no buy small hoodies from threadless. my bf got a small and his small was the same as mine in terms of size. someone needs to realize that men are not always the same size as women.

daniel.arrieta

Def a favorite!! Great design, people always ask me where I got it :-)

fireant202

I own the mermaid hoodie and I got the asphalt one for my girlfriend. The matching set is awesome but I recently laundered hers, the asphalt, on hot (didn't read the label!) and now it positively REEKS of sulfur. It even smelled up the entire load it was in. Tried washing it once more on cold, still smells, hopefully third times the trick. Would hate to have ruined the gift I got for my girl! I've never had this problem with my mermaid one and I swear I've washed it on hot.

leonace

Mermaid Hoody is mine!! One of my friends wants one, the asphalt one I hope :) or we'll be like twins.

Louiselebeau

got my last replacement for the mermaid green hoodie. They went through all the ones they had (which was nice) and got me the best they had (which was nice) too bad the print SUCKS ROYALLY!!!!! the paint is still all over the Zipper. I am not going to buy stuff from threadless any more because their quality has totally gone down hill.

Rockox

I got my asphalt hoodie in the mail last week and it's awesome. The medium size fits pretty well, even though I'm a bit of a doughy guy. The print looks great and I'll probably refrain from washing it to avoid the smells people have been experiencing. My wife suggested that I spot wash it instead.

paint4splatter

i got the tron(blue) teeshirt and it's perfect. i got the mermaid (also tron) hoodie, and it is nearly perfect. theres a smudge on one of the glowing squares in the middle, otherwise perfect. both glow everywhere

sjpalmer

I got the asphalt girly tee and after a day of moving (and sweating) it started to smell like death. I washed it alone on cold and it smelled pretty bad. I planned on tossing it until someone here mentioned that it gets better after it dries out so I retrieved it from the trashcan and found that the smell did subside. I'm washing it on cold again now and will let it dry, outside where I can't smell it.

Sun Dog

It might be helpful to know that the orange glow pigment, unlike all the others, comes with that sulphury smell built in. I have some of the orange glow in raw powder pigment form, and it is stinky. I used some of the orange pigment in nail polish, applied it to my nails, and it pretty much cured me of biting my nails, haha!

industri

Has ANYONE purchased the asphalt hoodie and NOT had the "V" pattern that dips towards the zipper actually print ON the zipper? The rest of the print is pretty straight and clean, but that middle piece is off-centre on even my second hoodie... anyone?

fashionneverfunction

I purchased the mermaid green hoodie when it first came out and was very please. My wife bought me the asphalt hoodie as an anniversary in January. I had no issues with the first hoodie so I wasn't aware of the asphalt hoodie sulfur smell until the second time I washed it. Unfortunately the smell did not go away after drying. It actually got worse. I even washed it so much that the glow ink no longer glows but the odor is still slightly noticeable. very upset.

Suggestion: anyone that buys the asphalt colored shirts or hoodies don't get it wet. And as someone previously posted spot clean it don't wash it.

I am now trying to get a replacement from threadless.

fashionneverfunction

I purchased the mermaid green hoodie when it first came out and was very please. My wife bought me the asphalt hoodie as an anniversary in January. I had no issues with the first hoodie so I wasn't aware of the asphalt hoodie sulfur smell until the second time I washed it. Unfortunately the smell did not go away after drying. It actually got worse. I even washed it so much that the glow ink no longer glows but the odor is still slightly noticeable. very upset.

Suggestion: anyone that buys the asphalt colored shirts or hoodies don't get it wet. And as someone previously posted spot clean it don't wash it.

I am now trying to get a replacement from threadless.

fashionneverfunction

sorry for the double post accidentally refreshed the page.

pupukachoo
pupukachoo profile pic Alumni

Got this hoody earlier this week. Went for the Asphalt/villain hoody and I've absolutely loved it. The smell everyone complains about is there in a subtle amount and yes it's due to the glow in the dark ink but if you take care of your purchase you shouldn't end up with a disaster. I'm a small person but I tend to like a looser fit so I bought a medium and it's absolutely the most comfortable jacket I've had in a long time. It's very soft to the touch and def. keeps me warm (though, being in California, I'm not sure why I have to be kept warm... )

over all I'm very happy with my purchase. cute design and the glow is really fun! Just be advised that its smartest to spot clean this jacket and keep clear of the desgn itself or you'll set off a smelly reaction with the ink.

The design on my jacket isn't printed with an absolutely perfect alignment but it's such a minor problem that I don't even care. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from my friends around campus. Not even a tron fan but really love this. Gotta say the awesome outweighs the "problems" (which aren't really problems to me, just trying to give the product a fair review). Maybe I got lucky but I'm not experiencing the problems many people in the comments are. Great jacket!

TerribleToaster

Just purchased this in hoody form (asphalt) and absolutely love it. It's incredibly soft and warm, the design was pretty much perfect with a few imperfections but only something you notice if you stare at it looking for them! I only get a very light smell from it but that was bound to happen from the glow in the dark ink used which others have warned about and I'll be taking their advice and spot cleaning.

The glow is very nice even after only minimal exposure to the dim light of my house. I can't wait to see it after being in the sun!

So overall, very please and I know this will become my new favorite hoody!

gachzorge

I have just the blue shirt, and I'm kind of bugged at how much the ink sticks out after a wash, like the shirt shrunk but the ink didn't. I don't know if I want to try to iron it, but would it ruin it if I did?

chibibinx

I must have this for when I meet Bruce

toadspimp

Can there be a "no glow in the dark" option? I just want the hoodie without smelling like ass.

RelzNir201

If ok, can this EPIC d-zine be placed on a BLACK long-sleeve tee, or a compression shirt?

gfranklin

Received my asphault hoodie just in time for my bday. Awesome and comfy. One thing that should definitely be considered though, the lining where the strings are in the hood should have the glow in the dark paint as well. Just like Flynn's cloak in the movie, would have made this so much more bad ass!

RelzNir201

I fight for the USERS!

altais

So has anyone been able to get a replacement for the asphalt hoodie from threadless??

Lahar
Lahar profile pic Alumni

Yesterday I saw a guy wearing the asphalt hoodie and it was raining. I wanted to ask him about the rotten egg smell.

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

woah...what's with all the spam?

Montezuma300

I had like 5 people practically ready to buy this shirt, but then we realized it's freakin' light blue. Why can't you make the blue design on a black or asphalt tee instead of on a light blue one? It would be more like the movie. Is there anyway that we can buy the blue version on a black tee?

drawerofunmentionables

this jacket is SICK! i dont really care what other people say, even if i have to spot clean this thing, im gonna be the talk to the town! the cats pajamas! or even... the pride of the peaches!!!

hipzilla702

How do you pick which color tee you want? I don't seen an option. :P

hipzilla702

How do you pick which color tee you want? I don't seen an option. :P

spookygirl11

I agree with Montezuma, this needs to be made into a blue on black design. It would be so much better. I was gonna by this for my boyfriend, but he is colorblind and the colors chosen here are too monotone for him to see. The orange and grey just looks like grey and grey. It is not very nice to discriminate against colorblind fans of the tron movies like that. And black is very stylish. Please change it, or if people agree with me check out this one http://www.threadless.com/submission/291832/Legacy_of_Flynn I think it is a better option for people looking for a sleeker, more stylish design.

quynhvu

i want this in black ~ it would be better

Montezuma300

That other one is cool, but I think if they reprinted the classic one on black then it would be better. The old Tron has so much awesomeness and nostalgia packed into it. To Rolf and Threadless: REPRINT ON BLACK!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
No account?
Join Us