4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
Uberlag

Awesome.

Uberlag

Awesome.

wide_eyed

I just watched this for the first time the other night! I'm hoping to get the hoody before the new film comes out! p.s. cool new interface, threadless :D

tHornygrL

What size is the zip up hoody is the female model wearing?

KatjaKat

Just got my blue hoodie today. Awesomeness!

I had sorta assumed the hoodie would have a pattern on the back tho, so slight disappointment. Stupid of me, there's no pic of the back after all. Just posting this as a heads up in case someone else assumes the same.

Super Dancer

i don't understand the difference between the girl's asphalt alternative apparel tshirt and the light blue threadless...could someone show me the different colors?

wide_eyed

I just watched this for the first time the other night! I'm hoping to get the hoody before the new film comes out! p.s. cool new interface, threadless :D

wide_eyed

wide_eyed

umm not sure why my post was reposted twice! O_o

EfrenZ

So, which one do I choose if I want the blue one?

CyberMew

@EfrenZ Hoody? It's the Mermaid Green American Apparel one.

CyberMew

The hoody sort of glows in the dark a little, but is the tshirt the same?

bailyluff

i'd love to see exactly how bright the blue hoodie is in person. :/ wonder if there's any photos of it.

bailyluff

i'd love to see exactly how bright the blue hoodie is in person. :/ wonder if there's any photos of it.

bailyluff

o.o ew double post. i'm sorry.

kyle2day

I finally got this in the mail today! I got this for my friend's birthday :)

Soapdish_uk

I love this shirt and will look forward to wearing it at Disney World in a few weeks!

wide_eyed

I'm going to be wearing mine in Disney in a couple weeks too!! weee!

Kale Mustang

Going to wear my this weekend as ElecTRONica kicks off starting tonight.

Img315

Just bought all Tron shirts and hoodies. Thanks $10 Sale!

sorliem

does the shirt glow in the dark??

superfrick

I wish they offered at least the T shirts in 3xl.

Uxi

Does it actually glow. Please reply, cause if it glow I need that! :D

alecmitchell

To authorsorliem and Uxi, yes they all glow in the dark.

UCLARenunciant

You need to activate the fluorescence by being under the light/sunlight first. Extra "glowing" is experienced under a blacklight. :)

Re: The asphalt tee and hoody--smell REALLY bad. It has a heavy chemically/eggy smell that I can't wash out. It's tolerable but still unfortunate.

The blue tee and mermaid green hoody don't have this issue.

SteelTownStud

anyone know if the sizes run big or small? I wear a men's large but i'm always hesitant to buy online b/c some sizes run so small. thanks!

alecmitchell

@UCLARenunciant I have the asphault hoodie, and it glows in the dark. Maybe it also glows under a blacklight, but it merely requires exposure to light before submersion into the darkness.

x6488

I can confirm the asphalt tees smelling really weird. And yeah, it's unwashable. I'm not even gonna wear it.

OklahomaMisfit

I would have expected more quality from what I paid for the Asphalt hoodie and Blue tee... the design for the Sarc Asphalt didn't even sit straight on the front... it went across the zipper and looks horrid. The blue T was low quality screening and some of the lines were actually misshapen and odd. I am not happy with this at all... ALSO, I bought these during the sale and did not get my discount. I am VERY unhappy right now... probably never buying from threadless again.

mitchmartin22

Yeah same here, bought the asphalt hoodie it finally came was so happy, only to open it a realise that the pattern doesn't sit straight on the hoodie and runs accross the zipper, looks pretty awful. Was going to return it but considering i waited a month to get it, it hardly seems worth the hasstle. If i wear this out then i won't be zipping it up as it looks rediculos because the print is off centre.

Fjodor

I got it, was completely disappointed with the quality of the print, though the design was pretty cool. However, the dealbreaker for me was the smell. After washing it the first time it smelt like egg-farts in the entire wash room. I'm currently trying to get the smell out with water and acetic acid/vinegar. But these comments don't exactly inspire confidence I'll succeed. If it smells like that whenever it gets wet I'm probably not gonna use it again.

abocado

It is been FOUR months since a requested the hoodie and I didn't receive It! You are all a bunch of motherfuckers threadless staff !

TeddyyTurtlee

soo, I' ve been reading the comments about the Asphalt Tee/Hoodie and I was wondering if the smell is really that bad ? Is it bearable and/or able to be masked by cologne or something ?

alecmitchell

Not sure why people are getting these weird smelling hoodies, but mine doesn't have any smell. That being said, its print IS not on center, but it's not really a deal breaker.

@authorabocado I assume you meant that you ORDERED it a month ago, and in that case, you should contact customer service instead of bad-mouthing threadless and using profane language.

Gungrave

@authoralecmitchell: Have you tried washing it yet? From the other descriptions the hoodie doesn't smell bad on its own, only when it's washed does it smell terrible. I just received mine today and I wanted to know if it was true before washing it.

Img315

Well all my Tron shirts and Hoodies arrived within 1 week and I like all of them. I did noticed that the Asphalt hoodie's zipper tends to get slightly stuck because the print looks like it "melted" near the zip line but I'm alright with it. It's not a deal breaker and yeah there is a unique smell to it - THINK - New shoe smell mixed with an old glue (the clear type).

FishRockette

Adding in my 2cents, don't buy the asphalt hoody. It sounds like a great concept, it looks fantastic on here, in reality, it's a huge HUGE letdown. This is a $20 hoodie at best. Mine was ordered for me over a month ago, but was for my birthday so I just got it. It smells awful, the print is off-centered enough that it bothers me, the paint is STILL tacky, more than 30 days later, the pockets were painted shut, and after carefully peeling them open it caused huge gashes in the paint that make the hoodie look ripped. Some portions don't even HAVE paint! What's up with that? There was obviously no quality control on these, maybe the originals were better, but the reprints? Not so much. Contacted Threadless to see if they can send me a better one, but for $45? We all should have gotten two. Really sad, because the design truly is epic, and Threadless' error shouldn't reflect poorly on Rolf Nelson. Nice job man.

Rennik

First, @SteelTownStud, in my experience, the hoodies are a bit on the tight side. I have other hoodies that are L, but I had to get the "Lightcycle" hoodie in a XL, and it's still a bit snug, especially around the arms. Second, my asphalt Sark hoodie is my third attempt to get a decent hoodie with this design. First, I ordered a L mermaid green hoodie, and it was too small. Sent it back, Threadless send me an XL... and the "glow" printing only worked on one half of the hoodie! Decided the green/blue didn't look good on me anyway (and the thing smelled HORRIBLE), so returned it for a XL asphalt hoodie. The printing of the shoulderpads is off a bit (one is higher on the shoulder than the other), but otherwise I love it. No smell issue with this one.

Third, the first time I washed the asphalt tee, it bled all over my other clothes in the wash. Should have washed it the first time with nothing but dark colors, but figured the shirt was prewashed. NOT SO. Be VERY careful washing these things!

I love the design (kudos to Rolf Nelson), but there seems to be a serious quality control issue with this product. But since Threadless has been awesome in its return/replacement policy, I have no problem ordering from them again.

slizedew

i bought the green hoodie it should arrive monday or tuesday. does anyone who has boughten it have any issues with it like off centered or bad smell or anything like that?

slizedew

i bought the green hoodie it should arrive monday or tuesday. does anyone who has boughten it have any issues with it like off centered or bad smell or anything like that?

drdoom2099

I received the asphalt hoody about two weeks ago, and other than the fact that it didn't glow in the dark (which I was willing to forgive due to the neato design) hadn't had any problems until today.

Today, I happened to wear it in the rain. Holy shit. With in minutes of gettiing wet, the paint/ink started emitting a malodorous sulphuric stench. It stunk up an entire lecture hall.

My review of this hoodie:

Yay!:
- Nifty looking design - Comfy

Boo!: - Horrible fucking QC - Once print gets wet it release horrendous sulphuric smell - Doesn't glow in the dark

Hopefully my first exchange goes well.

annakt

Love the design. Not so much the maloderous stench of the asphalt tee. Haven't had issues with the mermaid hoodie.

CCurv

I love the design, fit and feel of the asphalt hoodie but MAN does it smell! Does anyone know how to prevent/get rid of the smell, or know if I have any shot at exchanging for one that doesn't reek like bad eggs? It's a shame because other than that, I absolutely love this thing.

CCurv

Does anyone know whether washing it will eliminate the smell? I don't want to lose the option of returning it if washing doesn't help with the odor. Although I must say, Febreeze does seem to be doing the trick. Thanks for the heads up!

darine_uk

Just received my asphalt hoodie. Hate to say it, but the printing on mine is badly aligned too. Chest design is about 1-2cm to the right, and so one side goes onto the zip. The right shoulder design is about 4-5cm closer to the front of the hoodie than the left shoulder. Can't comment on the smell problems - if I wash it I can't send it back.

Contacted Threadless to ask if teh whole batch has the same QC problems.

I was really looking forward to this, even had to pay an extra £13 in Import VAT and Royal Mail "handling charges", which I won't get back in a refund :(

obishawn

I love this design, and couldn't wait for my garments -my first order from Threadless- to arrive! I am not impressed with the quality of the print, and am pretty discouraged with ordering from Threadless. Gaps, uneven positioning and color all take away from Rolf's awesome layout.

I have seen good ones in person, but they must have been from the first run. I checked a few out at a Tron event before placing my order, and they looked great and glowed strong! But the ones I received - one of each style, shirt and hoody - don't even compare. Asphalt hoody looks decent except for gaps over the zipper area and uneven color, and I managed to get all of the printing traces on the left shoulder unstuck from each other without ripping it from the fabric, But now one shoulder looks like crud, while the other is perfect. Were these packed too quickly? Both asphalt hoody and shirt have just an OK glow.

The blue hoody is a mess, and I have to send it back. There appear to be two passes on the screen (one in white glow and one in transparent blue for color) and the registration is off on mine. missing segments of screening, and neither hoody nor shirt really glows to match others I've seen in person, even under a blacklight.

I'm guess I'm just used to the quality of ThinkGeek, or TeeFury. While I expect more of an artisan vibe from Threadless, and I saw the disclaimer about "minor printing imperfections around the neck or underarm areas", this is just poor QC; I have better-printed all-over-design freebee shirts from ComicCon in my closet.. I thought the quality would at least be up to the other Threadless shirts of this same design I've seen in person. I know people who screen shirts (even with glow inks), and they'd toss these as discards or seconds.

vts131

Okay, so it wasn't just me and the smell with the Asphalt hoodie. I gentle cycle washed it and Fabreezed it, which kind of worked, but not that well. You just have to wait it out. It'll go away eventually. I've had no issues with the Mermaid hoodie; smell, glow, etc.

End of line.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
No account?