Close
One second...

Removing Part

• by Zalo
  • posted Jul 31, 2006
  • 26 Comments

Anyone know if there is a safe way to remove part of a design from a shirt? I think this shirt is cool but I'm not into the guy in the bottom, sorry, no reason other than I'm just not. Any way to remove the guy and not ruin the rest of the design?

Watch this
spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

don't include him when you go out. he'll catch on eventually.

PuterBoy

white out maybe?

idk...

melhel86

i'd say no. He's really little, I don't think he bites. Just leave it be.

Zalo

but but... if i don't remove him my soul will switch with his and he'll live in my body and i'll live on a shirt

so obviously it's imperative i remove the little man

LlamasAreHot

I was thinking the exact same thing. I like the design but the little guy on it... not so much. :S

Zalo

well....... can't you just have your llama chew it off? i don't have one of those :(

Zalo

also now i think it could be an oompaloompa, and those guys for sure want to steal my soul

squigey

Go to a local screenprint shop and ask to have it removed. There is a spot remover gun with a special liquid that will blow it right off the shirt (if it was printed well). Every good screenprinter has one of these little guns hanging around the shop to fix mistakes.

lsmc88

cool, u can do that! Is there a way to add some more color to a screen that had 'accidentally' been ironed on?

lsmc88

but yeah, that little guy is creepy

littlem

but if you remove him...who's green forest will it be?? surely not yours!

:P

littlem

*whose

darn my brain today!

lsmc88

i still dont know what the difference between who's and whose is.

Until now. Thanx littlem!

littlem

my mistake is your lesson for today:)

jhicks

use scissors and then sew the hole shut. Viola!

meleekitten

They make Clorox white pens.. buy one of those and a black fabric pen.. use the clorox pen to bleach it out? It might make it really really white though.

Zalo

well thx for the ideas, perhaps the oompahloompa could be my friend, but instead i may just wait on the shirt hmmm choices choices

heartJM

you could just bleach that one part. like, just paint on the bleach and leave it on.

DeathCabForMallory

I got Damn Scientists, and I hated the commas. So, I basically scratched them off. However, I don't think you could scratch off that little man. He's much bigger than a comma.

adamwhite
adamwhite profile pic Alumni

There are Plastisol Ink 'spray-out guns'out there. We would blast out errors on shirts all the time.

There is some heavy duty chemical involved, and with a shirt this light there is a chance some of the ink will liquefy and dye into the fabric, kind of like a water color looking tye dye. I wouldn't risk it, you may just ruin it completely.

UberRyan

take a sharpie to it

but then you'll have to consider... is it better to have a big black blob randomly, or a little guy?

Zalo

yes but gas is too expenisive anymore

Zalo

*expensive

Mikko Terva
Mikko Terva profile pic Alumni

But the guy is a part of the design. :(

commiesauce

remove him and you are guaranteed to go to hell.

No account?
Join Us