Close
One second...

THREADSPOTTING: Funkalicious vs. The World!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Aug 13, 2010
  • 20 Comments

It's the valiant return of Threadspotting! Just because we haven't been talkin' about it, doesn't mean the spotting isn't happening! We've been crazy busy over here, cranking out tanks, new color options, and other mysterious operations!

But we just couldn't let this one pass! A bunch of folks emailed about...

It's Funkalicious! In Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World! True, it's on a strange color, and normally such thing would be a red flag, but you'll be pleased to know that Mr. Pilgrim reached out to us last year and we gave 'em the A-OK symbol. In FACT, digging back into the archives... Way back in '07, an eagle eyed community member sent us this...

A panel from the actual comic! Volume 4. They wanted Funkalicious all along!

Wow. We're psyched!

As always, if you see Threadless tees in the wild, send us a note at sightings@threadless.com and we'll talk about them here... AND we'll give you some Street Team Points too!

Watch this
SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

so famous!

rhythmdev9

i want a funkalicious ringer tee so hard...

stalliongsta

i'm confused. did threadless print a custom ringer tee for the movie? or give them permission to print their own? or what?

BNannas

We gave them permission to print one.

SabxRena

soooo cool. the creator must feel honored!

fifty50

Anyone know what the location is supposed to be in the comic frame? Looks like Sneaky Dee's

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

welcome back, Threadspotting!

bcrider

Cool!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

haha, yeah, the whole movie I was looking for a Threadless tee, and was not disappointed when my girl and I saw this on screen at the same time, congrats guys!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

WOAH AWESOME!!!

BrandonB11

i was wondering about this when I saw the movie. Neato!

HazSpaz

I knew it. I was gonna say it to my friend but i wasn't too sure and i didn't want to look like an idiot. But i was right!! Awesome movie too :D

spookisapuppy

I don't know if this counts as famous, but Hank Green of the Vlogbrothers on Youtube wears a lot of threadless shirts in his videos.

Bio-bot 9000

Whatever happened to Threadspotting?

Bio-bot 9000

Oh hey Facebook, there it is!

thetomatotree

So cool din’t notice and I saw that movie like 3 times. Now a shirt about Scott Pilgrim

Hopie Dopie

Not sure if thread spotting is still working, but here are a few cool things I spotted:

I spotted Axis of Awesome (an Australian comedy singing group) wearing two Threadless tees whilst performing 'Four Chords' on the TV show 'The Footy Show' in Australia late April this year.

The tees they were wearing were 'Bitter Teeth' and 'There and Back Again'. I have supplied photos of both and also a youtube video of the footage. I got quite excited when I saw them, hope you enjoy!

photo: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd260/Hope-Speranza/axis3.jpg

youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YD5DLAoJs8

Also I saw an ad on Australian TV during the commercial break of Ellen, the ad was for Dell Laptop covers, and it featured the cover of the tee 'Electric Sky' see the laptop cover for this tee at 1.00 min into the video

heres the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Con9JMXdTM

Fen
Fen profile pic Alumni

!

No account?