Close
One second...

It's the Great Pumpkin!

• by Kujo19
  • posted Aug 09, 2010
  • 24 Comments

As soon as I read the description of the Loves Comics contest, I immediately thought of the Peanuts comics. Charles M. Schulz created an instant classic the day he put pen to paper, Charlie Brown and the gang will be forever loved by families for years to come. My favorite Peanuts moment is in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," when they are trick-or-treating and poor old Charlie Brown is getting nothing but rocks. I thought of ways to represent this and this is what I came up with. I hope you all like it!

Watch this
Kujo19

As soon as I read the description of the Loves Comics contest, I immediately thought of the Peanuts comics. Charles M. Schulz created an instant classic the day he put pen to paper, Charlie Brown and the gang will be forever loved by families for years to come. My favorite Peanuts moment is in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," when they are trick-or-treating and poor old Charlie Brown is getting nothing but rocks. I thought of ways to represent this and this is what I came up with. I hope you all like it!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Good grief! nice!

Glasto

It was lost on me until I read the description. Nice idea, remember it fondly!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Your reference is so specific, I had no idea what it was and very few people seeing it on a tee will have any clue.

Fenicse

cool

coffeecandle

fatheed on Aug 11 '10 Your reference is so specific, I had no idea what it was and very few people seeing it on a tee will have any clue.

Now that I've read the description, I understand and like it, but like fatheed said, I dont think many people will get it at first sight. I certainly didn't

squintygirl

I got the reference immediately.

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

I got it immediately as well. And it makes me smile.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

I love the peanut gang!

Kujo19

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I can understand where you are all coming from. I'm finding though based on the comments that this idea will be better appreciated amongst a majority of people aged 25-35, which is great. And for everyone younger than that this can act as a conversation starter: "Hey that's a cool shirt, What's it mean exactly?" And then, chances are high, they will remember the reference.

Kujo19

25-35, and older, I should say

bcrider

Totally knew what this was, right off the bat. I know my 7-year-old would immediately get it, too. I love it!

Kujo19

Thank You, bcrider! I appreciate it.

TJK1

Hah! Poor round-headed kid...

jcrtee

I got it instantly as well. Probably the first Peanuts television special quote that I would think of. And so what if nobody gets it? I could also point out about a dozen other designs that have already been printed that myself or others night not get. The buyer/wearer would get it, and that's the point, right?

Kujo19

Yes, absolutely. I totally agree. When I am looking at Threadless shirts it's more about the design appealing to me and then laughing at the meanings, if any. Thank you for the encouragement! And I'm pretty darn sure the major majority of people will recognize this Peanuts quote.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Kujo19

Hit the 400's already. Hope they're all nice votes, fingers crossed!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

A rock dressed like Charlie Brown is pretty amazing on its own, but yeah, Phil's Peanuts shirt kind of beat you to the "inanimate objects painted like cartoon and more specifically Peanuts characters" gig.

Kujo19

He may have "beat me" as you put it, but that doesn't mean for that reason people won't like this shirt and want both his and mine in their collection.

Kujo19

Thanks to all who voted!!!

No account?