Close
One second...

The Hollywood Blog

• by Frosby
  • posted Jul 26, 2010
  • 19 Comments

Wow! I'm so surprised and honoured to have my first design for Threadless printed! So here's my oscar speech: I want to thank my friend Flow Bohl and Francis Ford Coppola, who's thoughts on 3D cinema inspired me to cook up this cheeky design. I also want to thank everyone who voted and Threadless for creating such an inspiring space for designers to work in. The critique stage has really improved my designs, and seeing so much creative work on the site is actually warping / evolving my brain!

I also love the comments.. my fave: "I want one for James Cameron" (eponymon)

Maybe a blogger out there can photoshop this - as I'm in the UK, it could be 10 days before I get the shirt!

Watch this
SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

way 2 go!

NGee
NGee profile pic Alumni

Congratulations!

Gigan22

haha, awesome shirt. I hate all the 3D cinema crap that's happening and wish it would go away. So it speaks what's on my mind perfectly. Will be purchasing when I've got a little extra cash to spend.

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

missed scoring this but think it's awesome, congrats!

am-y

It's perfect. But cinemas here don't charge extra for the 3D thing (same price as non-3D). I'm sick and tired of movie-makers touting the 3D phenomenon though - it's just a cheap, kiddy gimmick that adds zero value to the movie-going experience. Congratulations btw - nice design! I will get it eventually! :)

smilies

Congrats! Great shirt. And I agree, I'm not impressed at all by the 3D phenomenon. I mean, 3D TVs now? What more of a headache-inducing waste of money could there be? :(

John Front

Congrats man!

Frosby
Frosby profile pic Alumni

James Cameron has done a U-turn on 3d movies!

He's the first to snap up a shirt:

Frosby

but wait.. how was he was spotted on set wearing the design? The only explanation is that he had a sudden catharsis about 3d, bought the t-shirt, then went back in his time-machine submarine. He does have the technology after all, so he can do what he likes!

Frosby

And look! Another Cameron is wearing the shirt.. British Prime minister David Cameron, with a growing budget deficit, has had to sell the Bentley and ride his bike to work. He definitely wants his money back from every British taxpayer!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

haha,these photohacks are hilarious Frosby!

While I actually enjoy a lot of 3d movies I have seen, the great majority of them are in a "me too!" boat of using the latest special effect and whiz-bang audience attractor just for the sake of it being available instead of any storytelling advantage.

Can't wait to see the epitome of shitt-tee in Step Up 3DDDDDD BAYBEE! I will only dig this film if girls do full frontal splits right at the camera. Now THAT'S using another dimension to its fullest artistic capacity!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

ps- I will be buying this shirt and wearing it to every 3d movie I go see.

albiedo

You are absolutely right! Away with all this Pseudo-3D-Anaglyph-Crap! And take all converted movies with you! (And Headache-Comments, too...) :-)

Frosby

Exactly - it's done in post production now! I saw Toy Story '3D' this week. The film was great, it's really funny - but there was not a single use of 3D at all. I had to pay more money for glasses to give me a 2D image, which would have been far better to watch without glasses. This is a joke.. in the UK we are now paying an extra fee for a 3d film, and then another fee for the digital 'technology'... What?!!!

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice tee i think I might buy it! I saw Alice in 3d with the kids it was crap!

am-y

Oh dear, I feel your pain. I had no idea things were this way in the UK. In Singapore, we always have 2 choices: watch the movie normally, or in 3D. Both are the same "normal" ticket price. Hardly anyone here chooses the 3D option.

frncsk

Definitely getting a buy from me! The closest theater to my house has been showing a lot of movies in 3D lately while charging extra and not offering a 2D version. Plus, the 3D is just a last-minute bandwagon thing. None of the movies are actually utilizing the technology. Needless to say, I'm p'od. I will wear this shirt to the movies to stick it to the man :)

No account?
Join Us