Close
One second...

Help with artist references please!

This year has been insane!

Have been checking in when I can, but I miss all you crazy folk.

Thought I would post an art update.... this is some of what has been keeping me busy.

Been looking at a 'search & surveillance' bill being pushed thru parliament over here. Have used Nipper from Barraud's 'His master's voice' to play with ideas of privacy, big brother etc...
I would really appreciate some suggestions of artists to look at either artists who have a similar style (drawing, collage, tissue) or similar themes (privacy, big brother, power/control etc)

These are all drypoints on paper (mostly proofs)

these are all drypoints on tissue collaged on to recording tape reels

I still have heaps to do..... collaging 1.2m x 3m panels, so the reels will probably just end up being support work... will depend on how it all goes.

Watch this
Kim456

don't know why the pics are so big.....photobucket is playing up

rossmat8

Looks cool Kim and we didn't want to say anything but we thought you were abducted or something.

Kim456

Temporarily abducted by my studio space at school..... is my last year so it is insane.

Thanks Nicke!

greenttentacle

wow! This is awesome work kim! :)

Kim456

Thanks Ro! I see you are being your huge hearted self.....handing out tees, that is awesome! Karma must owe you all sorts of gooey goodness!

Kim456

Thanks Sam!!!

xtiffany

Those look great.

Kim456

thanks Haya!

mgill52

so awesome.

Kim456

you guys are great! Such a supportive gang.

Kim456

yay the pics aren't hugenormous now!

Kim456

any suggestions on artist references for my research would be appreciated.... I know you guys will come up with names I haven't thought of!

Kim456

bump for help

Tikimasters

Hey stranger!!! Nice work! I can't really help you with references but I'm sure the rest of your Threadbuds have your back!

Kim456

thanks Tiki! Good to read your voice!

theshrooponodon

I love this. I wish I had some artists to suggest, but I don't think I could be much help. :/

Kim456

cheers shroop.... any ideas would be useful

Kim456

what... still no suggestions?

celandinestern

Those look sweet.

the only thing that comes to my mind is Banksy, but I'm not sure that's what you're lookin for.

Kim456

thanks Celand......... anything helps, have got a lot of references but thought the threadpeeps might throw some at me I haven't thought/heard of

celandinestern

then of course there's all of dada. which is kind of the whole control through consumerism thing.

celandinestern

these were put up by the town of London itself I think

Kim456

awesome!!!!! Thanks so much!

celandinestern

...done by an Anna Barriball?

Kim456

you rock Celand

Kim456

Kim456

started another drypoint today....tis of a 'mother board'.... mother dog with pups attached to her by computer cables

No account?