Close
One second...

Thank you Threadless and Thredlessers!

• by little g
  • posted Jul 26, 2006
  • 119 Comments

When I came up with the idea for this shirt I have to admit I laughed out loud to myself. I like the mix of old school meets art education and the fact that not everyone gets it makes it even more interesting to me.

René Magritte is by far my most favorite surrealist artist. I was awe struck by his work when I saw it on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1992 (only the third time his art has been on display in NYC). That coupled with the fact that I have love gaming since the early days of Atari and still do at cough32+cough years old... Well lets just say I got a 'warped' sense of humor. Get it? Warped? Like a warp pipe in Mario.. anyone? clears throat

I'm so happy it got printed. I love threadless, I love this community and I love the talent around here. From day one I was thrilled to be involved with such a diverse group of artist and art appreciators. I'm honored for the opportunity to have been selected as a winner. Thank you everyone and thank you Threadless!!!

Love,
little g

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

well said darling!
fuck yeah!
:)

spires
spires profile pic Alumni

you are seriously amazing.

claps

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

:)

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

yep seem to be one of the best sellers of the week.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

OMGZ YOU TOTALY STOLE THIS DEZIGN! THIS WAZ ON CAFEPRES AND THIS IS A NINTUNDO COPYRITE INFRIGMENT! DON'T BY THIS SHIRT!!!

tracerbullet

(holy crap, do you have any idea how hard it is to purposely make typos? wow...)

Verdana

Huzzah!

snittleface

90% of the blogs yesterday were congratulations blogs so this blog makes no sense to me.

Congrats on the easy money. That rocks!

squintygirl

I bought this for my husband, who's going to do extra physio on his arms just to be able to wave them around in a general display of happiness. Congrats, little g, you deserve it! :)

spires

hands hurt from clapping

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

mayking tipos is eseay

C20Percent

90%?? I don't think I've ever seen an artist get bashed so much, and get told they were so undeserving of winning since I've been a member of Threadless. I'm sure the past three days have been bittersweet for LittleG; she took a lot of shit yesterday, and a little self-promotion seems perfectly warranted.

little g
little g profile pic Alumni

Don't hurt yourself Spires. Just a little "hell yeah" will do. You know what it feels like to win too and ironically enough I have a story for you. The Monday your shirt came out we were chatting in a blog about what it was like to win and I asked you when you got your email etc... You told me the date you got it on and how you greeted snittle with the news and how excited you were. I could totally imagine what that must of been like for you both. So cool and surreal. Later that very same day is when I got my email. I couldn't believe I had just talked to you about it and poof there it was. I thought maybe I fell asleep at my desk or something and that it was just a dream. It felt just as cool as you described it. I'm glad I got to experience it.

amy122166

Go girl!!

snittleface

Awww I am really happy you got to experience that little g! I am really happy you told us that story!

CheesecakeBree

My dream is to get printed... someday. So I'm both jealous and super happy for you.

I bought one, by the way. Can't wait until it comes in the mail. =)

spires

I completely support you having that amazing experience. It feels like nothing else!

That's that certainly is a neat coincedence, learning about your winnings the same day that I got to express my joy to the blogs.

Don't get too down about my comments, I've never said that you shouldn't have gotten printed, and the final judge is always the consumer, who you seem to have won over. I just saw this print and the subsequent copying of that design as a nice opportunity to share my opinions on a certain topic that I care about.

It's the consumer demand that matters at the end of the day, and you seem to have harnessed plenty of it.

snittleface

C20, other people's shirts get bashed on, only it seems not a big deal to bash on someone who isn't a blogger, at least to the people in this community. Really, it's the same thing. And I do not think everyone was bashing her, minus one or two people.

People showed distaste. but honestly, people show distatse for everything at one time or another.

Like spires for instance, kept trying to make some kind of point. Which had little, actually nothing to do with little g, but that is another thing all together.

I don't know if I said it yesterday, but here is an honest congrats little g, from snittle!

.moto.
.moto. profile pic Alumni

i think about 70% of the blogs were negative when grass came out... oh well. nice one g!

whisper in water

it seems not a big deal to bash on someone who isn't a blogger, at least to the people in this community.

I actually do think it's worse to bash the bloggers, because they're more likely to read the bashings and be hurt by them. Maybe I'm weird, though? I don't know.

spires

My point was still misread by everyone as an attack on little g, and that's when people get very tiresome.

It's like if you don't automatically don the pom-poms and rally like a cheerleader, people think something's wrong; when they really need to just read the words, open their minds, and lose the prejudice.

tracerbullet

Just remember, Genee, opinions are like chocolate covered marshmallows: Sweet chocolatey goodness on outside, but smooth tasty mallow on the inside. And then you eat one, and you just wanna have another. And another. And another. And before you know it, the whole box is gone, and your sister is like, "Who the hell ate all the chocolate covered marshmallows?!" And you try and blame it on the cat, but your sister knows better than that because the cat doesn't like chocolate. So you're like, "It wasn't me, I swear!" But she can totally tell you're lying and she's all, "I can see the chocolate stuck in your teeth, you liar." And you say, "No, that's not chocolate, that's popcorn," but she totally doesn't believe you, and...wait, what was I saying?

realslimnatey

i didnt read any previous comments but i just wanted to come in here and tell you ill be using 4 fingers this time, not 2...you deserve it baby

C20Percent

Snittle, I think you bring up a good point about "bashing" bloggers. Still, it seems like the appropriate time to question a design is when it gets submitted. Waiting to criticize a design until after it gets printed seems oppurtunistic and underhanded.

bananaphone

It's alot easier to notice criticism than phraise. I maybe only make a harsh comment in one in 20 posts, and yet people think I'm the "angry man" who goes around hating everyone.

Only the last bit is true =P

adam antium

i didn't like most of "blogs about this tee" attitude, even because the 99% didn't get the Magritte reference.
i also posted a blog about it, i don't think it's tright and neither respectful, bitching about some "you don't like 'cause you don't get it".

i hope you're enjoying your printing genee'! and stop!
it's a deserved winning!

should i call ya genee' magritte now?! ;)

snittleface

exactly, moto. congrats to you too moto. winning is a marvelous thing whether people like the shirt or not.

little g

Oh god nate you rock my world. lol

little g

Thanks to everyone for the kudo's :)

Ricco, I really like the sound of that "Genee Magritte" Ha! Yeah right. I'll just stick to idolizing his work.

adam antium

it's one of my favourite artists ever!...
and yeah! genee' magritte it is! :)

bananaphone

I have to ask, did they take the product photo with an AA tshirt again? or did he push in the sleeves? =P

realslimnatey

haha, dont get the wrong idea genee, its just for the nipple tweaking!

CheesecakeBree

"Waiting to criticize a design until after it gets printed seems opportunistic and underhanded."

I agree. I don't like it when people bitch about things they can't change... once a shirt is printed, it's too late so they just need to keep their complaints to a minimum.

I'm not saying I don't do the same thing... sure, I've probably complained about designs I dislike before, but I try my best not to make silly blogs and whine about it.

And like adam antium said, some people are bashing it just because they don't "get it". But it's not that hard to do a little research. Unfortunately, people are all too eager to complain yet too lazy to look into the meanings behind things.

fc gravy

fuck yeh! :)

trotsky

yay genee!

snittleface

But why would someone like something they don't get? and why would one want to do research just to buy a shirt?

I am just playing devil's advocate here.

RKTR

Um...what? How about italian? All you needed was the warp pipe. And theres so much meaning you could have built into such a collectively-unconcious icon. There should be a contest just to redesign this one shirt.

Looks like this shirt one just based on the iconography, not really on design.

Not critizing something after its printed? Thats like saying dont say the word brown after the invisible man poops in a bucket of black-holes.

RKTR

btw, one is the new won.

little g

Do you get the reference RKTR? It's a parody of a Rene Magritte painting. I mean if you don't like it thats fine but from what you posted I get the impression that the joke was lost on you. Look at this and read it first, then decide if you don't care for it. If you still don't then I am ok with it.

Kitchen Patrol

whose this little g chick? i heard she's a bitch..

tracerbullet

she puts out for STPs

little g

She's only the one cupping your boob in the nice boobies gallery pic over there sassy pants! Sisters... pshhh ;)

UberRyan

my butt wants to shake your hand

tracerbullet

What the hell is Mario Bros. anyway?

whisper in water

"We have just 2 Small Green This is not a Pipe Girly Tees left in stock, your quantity has been updated accordingly."

:(

UberRyan

looolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloololollllooolllololllloolololll

UberRyan

sorry... carried away

tracerbullet

So buy one, Deanna!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us