Close
One second...

The Doctor Is In

The Doctor of Doom loves giving villainy advice to the new generation of bad guys.

A parody of two comic classics.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Haragos

The Doctor of Doom loves giving villainy advice to the new generation of bad guys.

A parody of two comic classics.

nickv47

this is amazing. nailed Schultz's style. Great pop culture mash up!

laughics

^agreed, awesome mash-up

LanceUppercut

I love Charlie Brown and I love Dr. Doom. What's not to love? 5$

NGee

Brilliant parody!

SpeedyQuik

nickv47 on Jul 14 '10 this is amazing. nailed Schultz's style. Great pop culture mash up!

lol word for word what i was gonna say!!

mreisel

Couldn't be better!

soloyo-collabs

I love Charlie Brown! Lucy was always amazing!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

hahaha love it!

Haragos

Thanks All.

adamk711

Your best work, hands down

adamk711

Your best work, hands down

Morkki

Haha, 5!

YaaH

padrejustin

hahaha, cool. i'd take his advice

Luigi Mario

Mama mia! Soa funny!

TheMSG

Awesome

ibyes

Clever idea, nicely done.

Haragos

I'm hoping for a good score on this one. Simply because I love Dr. Doom myself and want to wear the shirt for my own personal reasons! Thanks for the comments and scoring up til now.

orkraM

Haha, like this one :)

Jemae
1 design submitted - Score now!

hehe! ..that's funny.. awesome idea/design! must five this! :)

JinxTM

insert generic awesome shirt comment here I still hate you btw.

jodabaum

ahahaha this is GREAT!!!!

laurastead

Lucy may have had the stand but I'm pretty sure Marcy is under that mask sir. Good job!

Ma Bell

this is great!

Haragos

Honestly, I've never seen that before but obviously you did it first. I apologize I thought I came up with an original concept.

AdderXYU

And that is why using other people's IP is dangerous. Because everyone else can use someone else's work, but only you can use original ideas.

I'm not about to say this is stolen, but given how much of this dude's work is just reworking other people's intellectual property, I'm also not about to say he never saw this.

Supporting the free reign of appropriating everything out there eventually leads to this.

NomadSlim

Yes they are the same idea. But both of them are based almost entirely off of Schultz. The colors, the lines, the character's position -- those aren't original in either work here. So whoever did it second was ultimately 'doomed' to have theirs look like anyone who had done it prior. I guess I'm just saying this is the most likely accidental idea duplication I've seen here.

Now that fake fatheed from earlier today, well that's a whole 'nother bag of bagels.

Dunlavey

I have a hard time believing that you've never seen this work before. The pose and composition are much closer to mine than the Shultz original that you linked too. It was also featured on Super Punch and more Tumblr blogs and forum avatars than I care to count. Please remove the design. Thanks.

Haragos

Classic Lucy Pose

You did the design first and it doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. I'll talk to threadless about all of this matter soon enough but you have no copyrights on any of this. You don't own Dr. Doom, Lucy, the pose, the box, any of it... so it can be parody and copied by anyone who wants to do it over and over. That is just my 2 cents about this.

agrimony

Seeing as the pose and composition were inspired by Schultz anyway, I don't see why they couldnt both be similar.

In any case, if it's original, i'd say well done. If its not then shame on you. But either way its not going to print sad to say :(

rossmat8

Also not to add another straw to this already collapsed camel's back but you also copied the exact shirt murraymullet used.

Haragos

It's a template shirt?

linkhero

Dunlavey on Jul 14 '10 I have a hard time believing that you've never seen this work before. The pose and composition are much closer to mine than the Shultz original that you linked too. It was also featured on Super Punch and more Tumblr blogs and forum avatars than I care to count. Please remove the design. Thanks.

I think it's safe to believe what Haragos is saying is true, if your design was everywhere then why would he copy it? copiers don't want people to know what they're copying

Dunlavey

Mr. Haragos, Dr. Doom and Peanuts are trademarked properties of Disney/Marvel and King Features Syndicate, respectively, and the appropriation of those trademarks for artistic editorial expression is perfectly legal and falls under the US Copyright law doctrine of fair use, as do many of the designs on this very web site, including most of your own. This particular mash-up idea and the widely circulated artwork that I created 5 years ago for it are my copyright. Intentional or not, your posting of this image, representing the same editorial idea and your attempt to profit on it via Threadless is a violation of that copyright. So how you would feel if someone re-drew one of your ideas (intentionally or not), then tried to profit on it? This is my last word on the subject. Please remove the design. Thanks.

ISABOA

geeks out

I just wanna say i am a HUGE FAN MR DUNLAVEY

Action Philosophers and Comic Book Comics are two of the most original and inspiring works I have read in the last several years.

end geek out

Haragos

Dunlavey, I've contacted threadless and they will decide the matter sooner or later. Depends on how fast they act. Honestly, It wouldn't both me very much unless they were original characters... We've seen countless of re-dos on this website for MANY ideas. I apologize for re-doing yours without your knowledge.

This one has been blogged and that is probably how you saw it. I've had multiple designs blogged about to date so if I had any concept that you were that big and this concept was so well known I wouldn't have tried to pass it off as my original concept.

If anything I am guilty of using a pretty much trace of the original Lucy Stand. That was my fault and I wanted it to feel exactly like the old Peanuts comics but I should have realized that if I make it basically exact that it really isn't mine in the first place.

Resistance

Hey Dunlavey, chill out bro. You picked one of the most popular comic strips to mashup with another doctor from another popular comic. I have never seen your version before, so count me as another person who hasn't seen your work. Don't be so freaking arrogant as to presume everyone in existence has seen your cute little mashup.

Dunlavey

if I had any concept that you were that big and this concept was so well known I wouldn't have tried to pass it off as my original concept.

It's fine. I believe that you made an honest mistake whatever the circumstances. I forgive you and I'm not out to get you or anything. I just want the design removed. Thanks.

quick-brown-fox
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Do it again with Doctor Octopus. It sucks when this happens. I ended up asking Threadless to take two of my designs off. One was a shirt based on mandalorian armour, the other was a chalk outline of someone who'd had a google maps marker dropped through them. I'd never seen either. I guess there are so many great ideas out there sometimes two people can have the same one, especially with mash ups like this.

Haragos

Already contacted Threadless and they are keeping it up for scoring. If it scores well and they want to printed it then I just won't submit the high resolution artwork unless if Ryan is willing to get some of the money for his permissions. But at the moment, I told him I wouldn't.

Only time will tell... I might potentially have an approved sequel to his design by Dunlavey just have to check the internet if anyone used the concept before.

Disgruntled_Pacifist

Too Bad About the Drama and to me it's up to threadless as to whether or not to keep or print or whatever. I'm going to stay out of it and just say, cool mash-up, oh so classic!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?