One second...

Lace Your Zip

• by mtths
  • posted Jun 29, 2010
  • 45 Comments

Watch this
mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

first version of my entry for the Threadless-Loves-Zip-Hoodies challenge...rnrnwhat do you think?

ibeenthere

an allstar vibe to the hoodie:) cute:) i gotta say though, you know i like most of your designs...this feels very incomplete to me...i'll try clerify, the laces are very well done and plays with the zippers very nicely i believe:) however, the rest is simply blank...which feels well, blank lol:) maybe you can add some details to the rest of the shirt, for example if it's an allstar look you're aiming at, add some sewing lines, and maybe a star with a T for threadless lol i hope i helped in anyway:/

Please help me out and rate my design: Killer B

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

added a lot of allstar details as ibeenthere suggested earlier

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

:-)

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

any suggestions before i'll sub it for the challenge?

Spaux

Clever idea, but they tend not to like shirts with their name on them.

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

yeah, you're right... got a clever idea?

idiophonebox

This is awesome! The detailing is great. I do agree that you could maybe come up with something other than "threadless" for the text to keep it generic. hmmm. I'll try and come up with a suggesetion.

Thanks for the comments on mine. I've updated it a lot.

take another look if you have a chance.

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

it's a shoe-oodie :-)

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

any suggestions for a replacement text on the logo patch? instead of threadless...? the blue text says: Hoodie Zip Challenge

ibeenthere

LOL! i am glad i could help out:) this does look a lot lot better! and i agree with fowl...the threadless does feel right so i'd stick with it...worst case i don't think they'll rejec it, maybe just tell you to change it...

SickSadLittleM

Maybe you should do a more abstract version of the all-star

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

looking for more suggestions...

nest_two

really like this...if you do need to change the text for any reason, I'd try to incorporate the "lace your zip" title. good luck, and if you've got a moment check out my critique. Stay Connected

A92Crew

nice idea!

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

@nest two, the title is already incorporated in the patch on the chest :-)

@drawingnut like dirty stains or torn pieces?

barefootmonkey

I like it and I think it is good as is. I think over complicating it especially with fake rips would be silly. It would make it look cheap

barefootmonkey

I like it and I think it is good as is. I think over complicating it especially with fake rips would be silly. It would make it look cheap

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

i agree with barefoormonkey :-)

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

any other suggestions before i'll sub this one?

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

?

ibeenthere

yup, i have one final suggestion: live well and prosper:)

sub this already!:)

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

i will, thanks :-)

going to sub it...

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

thinking about what to put on the back... or leave it blank?

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

added backside... think this is the final presentation :-)

ready to sub

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

yeah, i think i will

Disgruntled_Pacifist

I say sub it too however not sure how threadless feels about having their name on stuff, it doesn't usually happen so if it's declined make that your first change. Good luck!

When you get a chance: Coup D'├ętetris

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

i will change the patch text in : YOU HAVE TO * LACE YOUR ZIP

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

raplaced threadless text in patch and added shade on the hoodie front.

SickSadLittleM

I really like the shading you added, the holes also help yo get the idea. I'm having trouble reading what it says on the back. I think I have no more comments, you should submit it! If you have the time, Please Score my submission

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

the text on the back says the same as the logo-patch

YOU HAVE TO LACE YOUR ZIP

mtths
mtths profile pic Alumni

Saraaaah

Wow this is awesome! I love the details.

rkotar

awesome bro! this is amazing haha. been watching this for awhile. i 5'd that succkaaa haha. great design man. cant wait to see what you come up w. next man and if you get the time could you critique mine? New Version UP! WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD

TSUNAMISET_1

nice work i like it.

i have a question where u get the flash template u use i like to have that one with the progression bar? please

ibeenthere

too bad it didn't get a higher score! this was one of the better hoodi designs I've seen!

please let me know what you think of this critique design:Power Plant:) Thanks!

No account?
Join Us