Close
One second...

gamer

Watch this
mediagroove

Used 3 different Shutterstock images in background makeup of design then added different layering effects with model image. the thought was as we hoard the various TV controllers at home we also hoard all the gamer controllers and get obsessed with trying to keep up with all of them.

Man_inthe_Wood

Yeah get rid of the box and I'm not a fan of the words.

mediagroove

you mean the font? or what it says?

mediagroove

you mean the font? or what it says?

degansekaleng

i think Man_inthe_Wood means both... the font and what it says... play simple... maybe it will be great.... coz it was a great idea...

Man_inthe_Wood

Yeah, no words needed. Words tend to ruin large graphics. The concept is stronger without a title or spelling it out. And most things look better when not in a box. Just my opinion.

mediagroove

Thanks for the opinion!

cntrlaltdel

hah nice bleeding cowboy has been popular lately from what i've noticed.. with such a grungy style any reason for the overpowering box frame? i think it would look better if it wasn't so framed...

mediagroove

I work a lot in print media design...everything has an edge!! got to get a different mindset!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

the words looks really bad. get rid of them. the square border looks really chintzy. Try and make the guy look less like a manipulated photograph, more like an original character.

mediagroove

okay on the border, Ill delete that and just let the positive space work it out.

mediagroove

anyone else got any creative input before I start on the rework???

tifferlee

maybe just get rid of the word "Gamer" because I really like the control freak part. The background is pretty busy, but maybe if you just take parts of it (that way it gets rid of the box), like the swirls in the corner, it will give it the idea of your original design while not being overbearing.

Take a minute to critique mine? http://www.threadless.com/critique/70310/Kazoo_Toon

mediagroove

Ok here is the new revised graphic- Control Freak. The major thing I did was take out the bkgd box...refine edges etc. Let me know what ya think! D

mediagroove

anybody else out there for critique? if not I will go ahead and submit.

mediagroove

anybody on the nightshift have any comments or critique before I submit this. thanks!

optionrider2001

Dont submit it yet. It would be a waste. if you just cleaned up the image a bit and reduced the number of colours (eg. blue to green shirt fade) it would be a way stronger graphic, and I think you would have a much better chance of winning. also you might consider tracing out the image in illustrator or something and re-working the shirt as a line drawing where the controllers are in neon or something

please comment critique my design. http://www.threadless.com/critique/70146/60_s_style thanks

No account?
Join Us