Close
One second...

"Son of Photography"

Dedicated to the real photographers of the world - to those who, with their second-hand equipment and their makeshift darkrooms, are today fighting their solitary battles with their recalcitrant medium, not for money or for glory, but because they would rather make pictures than anything else in the world.
-William Mortensen

Yes, it should be "Son of Man", the famous painting by Rene Magritte. And Yes, he should have an apple in his face, but this is more practical... I never understood the apple anyway. I do understand photography though.

I wanted to create an image reminiscent of an old b&w photograph but entirely hand drawn. I did however do some dodge and burn techniques in Photoshop with my scanned original. 
I'm sure this will need a special printing technique (Gradients maybe). Printed on a dark grey tee, yeah!

Watch this
r.c.davidson

Dedicated to the real photographers of the world - to those who, with their second-hand equipment and their makeshift darkrooms, are today fighting their solitary battles with their recalcitrant medium, not for money or for glory, but because they would rather make pictures than anything else in the world. -William Mortensen

Yes, it should be "Son of Man", the famous painting by Rene Magritte. And Yes, he should have an apple in his face, but this is more practical... I never understood the apple anyway. I do understand photography though.

I wanted to create an image reminiscent of an old b&w photograph but entirely hand drawn. I did however do some dodge and burn techniques in Photoshop with my scanned original. 
I'm sure this will need a special printing technique (Gradients maybe). Printed on a dark grey tee, yeah!
Jemorris

I love it! It makes much more sense than Magritte's. haha 5$

TSelf87

Are you messin' with Magritte? Nice.

$5

TSelf87

P.S. ~ I have a "Son of Man" hanging in my study and I would so hang this up right next to it if it becomes a print.

Also, because it's oddly similar, please score and comment: Eyes For You

crazybonkers

Love it! I was only looking at the original painting today! 5

Moody Strawberry

This reminds me of the scene in the Unbearable Lightness of Being with Tereza and Sabina taking pictures of each other...

Anyways, I love Magritte, I love bowler hats, and I love Photography. I would totally buy this.

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni

cool and clever!

ben chen
ben chen profile pic Alumni

nice

EN AJUSTES

Very clever! And looks good on the shirt

Whitnybrae

This is fabulous! The most creative design! Love it

zicr

superb! :) like it

quister
quister profile pic Alumni

Great style and character, terrific illo!!!

arbym

a very interesting one!

peterkov

nice treatment of a famous image. like the B&W take on it, but what would we do without good old René?

Lore.

haha cute

r.c.davidson

The comments just sort of fizzled out, is that it? Give me some feedback guys! I want to know what you think, good or bad, it's all a learning experience... right?

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

you rock 5$! :)

flockstudios

I think it's a cool concept, very cool, but it does not look that good on the shirt. Good work.

Farven

beautifully rendered! 5

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

Very cool!

r.c.davidson

Yeah I don't Know about that TSelf87, Chengui went all out on that one. It turned out awesome, and I don't think i will top the 171 comments either! :)

nimamoru

best so far

Raffid

I'd like to see his tie as apple green

No account?
Join Us