Close
One second...

Coffee Power

• by Martinbot
  • posted Jun 06, 2010
  • 37 Comments

Have you ever wondered how that steaming hot cup of coffee gives you that boost of power that you need? This is how it works.

A cup of coffee is pretty much a steam engine, no? Well, in any case, this is technically a feasible model steam engine. Starting at the top left, the gas heats up the water in the broiler and the steam passes through the coffee cup handle into the lubricator and into the cylinder, which moves the piston and any other kinetics like the gears and flywheel. The two spinning balls at the top regulate the amount of steam in the cylinder by opening a value. From the cylinder, the steam passes through the compressor which releases exhaust and back into the broiler. Or at least pretty much.

Brown on cream.

Watch this
Martinbot

Have you ever wondered how that steaming hot cup of coffee gives you that boost of power that you need? This is how it works.

A cup of coffee is pretty much a steam engine, no? Well, in any case, this is technically a feasible model steam engine. Starting at the top left, the gas heats up the water in the broiler and the steam passes through the coffee cup handle into the lubricator and into the cylinder, which moves the piston and any other kinetics like the gears and flywheel. The two spinning balls at the top regulate the amount of steam in the cylinder by opening a value. From the cylinder, the steam passes through the compressor which releases exhaust and back into the broiler. Or at least pretty much.

Brown on cream.

Tikimasters
Tikimasters profile pic Alumni

I'm in love with this design. Nice work :)

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

morozinka1

power comes from sugar:) love this!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Coffee puts the grease into the cogs in my brain. Nice one.

ndikol
ndikol profile pic Alumni

nice!

zicr

i like it!!! :D

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

coool!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

good idea

Martinbot

...not to mention the vast amount of coffee I consumed while drawing this...

Grim Clothing

This design is bad ass :) 5

Jake Friedman

Lose the cloud thingies and you've got a swell design.

LuciaL

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

A lil' smaller and lower on the tee, but this is such an inspired coffee design. I especially like that you incorporated the coffee handle into the machine as well.

4$

Martinbot

Yeah, a had second thoughts about the clouds and the placement. But I think making it smaller is a good idea.

De Salvia

I love sthis style 5$

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

This is a coffee design that I like.

Martinbot

And coffee is practically renewable energy. I mean, it's not like you can't grow more beans.

MaGoogals

Clever idea, well drawn. :)

Martinbot

....mmmmmm, coffee.....

Martinbot

Thanks everyone! 4 days left!

Martinbot

2 days let!

siamak_pj

two thumbs up

Martinbot

Thanks so much for all the nice words! Last day for scoring!

Tunes

Too bad it's over. Love this!

No account?
Join Us