Close
One second...

schadenfreude

• by yurishuri
  • posted May 29, 2010
  • 15 Comments

Schadenfreude means pleasure in the misfortune of others.

This design is one of three in a series called "Untranslatable" German Words of Pain. I think it's intriguing how our language does not have direct translations of certain foreign words. These words are unique because they specifically represent the culture in which they originated. Also, I just find many of these "untranslatable" words quirky, cute, endearing, and funny. Maybe this is because if you look at it the other way, I am the foreigner.

My theme fits as a series because these words are German, relate to pain (emotionally/physically), and are illustrated depictions of my point of view. Oh, and I also added bunnies in the mix. Enjoy!

Watch this
yurishuri

Schadenfreude means pleasure in the misfortune of others.

This design is one of three in a series called "Untranslatable" German Words of Pain. I think it's intriguing how our language does not have direct translations of certain foreign words. These words are unique because they specifically represent the culture in which they originated. Also, I just find many of these "untranslatable" words quirky, cute, endearing, and funny. Maybe this is because if you look at it the other way, I am the foreigner.

My theme fits as a series because these words are German, relate to pain (emotionally/physically), and are illustrated depictions of my point of view. Oh, and I also added bunnies in the mix. Enjoy!

QuigglyPhD

My comment from your other design with the bunnies I think applies equally to this design (maybe even more so). Still, best of luck and maybe you'll be the exception to the trend I've seen.

bwong3

I dont think there was ever a trend of text not being nice on shirts, i've always been into any text on clothing

hilaryleung

Ha ha, I'm really enjoying your series!

$5!!

Trowzers

Cute bunnies and vocabulary expansion! AND a purple shirt - super Win! I want this shirt!

zicr

not bad!!!

lissyJ

My Favorite so far!

outline
outline profile pic Alumni

haha aw

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

cuteness galore!

yurishuri

thanks threadless family for all the comments! :3

saltspringer

Made me laugh out loud! I'd buy it -- 5!

No account?
Join Us