Close
One second...

schadenfreude

• by yurishuri
  • posted May 29, 2010
  • 15 Comments

Schadenfreude means pleasure in the misfortune of others.

This design is one of three in a series called "Untranslatable" German Words of Pain. I think it's intriguing how our language does not have direct translations of certain foreign words. These words are unique because they specifically represent the culture in which they originated. Also, I just find many of these "untranslatable" words quirky, cute, endearing, and funny. Maybe this is because if you look at it the other way, I am the foreigner.

My theme fits as a series because these words are German, relate to pain (emotionally/physically), and are illustrated depictions of my point of view. Oh, and I also added bunnies in the mix. Enjoy!

Watch this
yurishuri

Schadenfreude means pleasure in the misfortune of others.

This design is one of three in a series called "Untranslatable" German Words of Pain. I think it's intriguing how our language does not have direct translations of certain foreign words. These words are unique because they specifically represent the culture in which they originated. Also, I just find many of these "untranslatable" words quirky, cute, endearing, and funny. Maybe this is because if you look at it the other way, I am the foreigner.

My theme fits as a series because these words are German, relate to pain (emotionally/physically), and are illustrated depictions of my point of view. Oh, and I also added bunnies in the mix. Enjoy!

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

QuigglyPhD

My comment from your other design with the bunnies I think applies equally to this design (maybe even more so). Still, best of luck and maybe you'll be the exception to the trend I've seen.

bwong3

I dont think there was ever a trend of text not being nice on shirts, i've always been into any text on clothing

hilaryleung

Ha ha, I'm really enjoying your series!

$5!!

Freakplay

Yay avenue Q!

Trowzers

Cute bunnies and vocabulary expansion! AND a purple shirt - super Win! I want this shirt!

zicr

not bad!!!

kayabrat

avenue q

lissyJ

My Favorite so far!

outline
outline profile pic Alumni

haha aw

reags
reags profile pic Alumni

cuteness galore!

yurishuri

thanks threadless family for all the comments! :3

saltspringer

Made me laugh out loud! I'd buy it -- 5!

No account?
Join Us