Close
One second...

RIP Maggie May Doty 8/8/00 - 5/24/10

This part may/may not upset you, if you don't want to read it that's fine:
The past few days were rough for our poor little dog. She had trouble getting up and walking. On Saturday morning it got a lot worse, she threw up and couldn't move. It looked like she had recovered later in the day though. We put her on a towel and let her rest up. But it got worse today, she went to the corner of our yard and laid down and refused to get up when we called her. So we took her to the vet and we found out that she had lung cancer. There was nothing we could do, so the decision was if we wanted to put her down tonight or take her home and do it tomorrow. We decided that we might as well do it tonight. It was the saddest thing I've ever had to see in my life. Nobody should have to go through that.

I couldn't find the actual picture of her as a puppy to scan, but I found a photo of the photo.

My parents brought her home in a duffel bag as a surprise. I was in 1st grade, we had just moved to our new house and a new neighborhood. Maggie was one of my first friends here. I grew up with her for 10 years and she was always there; whenever I got home from school, whenever we got home from a vacation or dinner. And it kills me that she'll never be there to greet me anymore.

This is a pic of her from the summer.

If you have a dog, or a cat or any other kind of pet, do me a favor and hug them, and tell them how much you love them, right now. Because they won't be around forever.

Watch this
mgill52

:(

westicles

I named her too.

I really hate the internet right now. There is no possible way of conveying how I feel right now. Not even a billion :( faces can express how sad I am.

brentendo

oh man that's so sad to hear dude :(

Kim456

Loads of love to you from me, my girl and her zoo. I dread the day she(we) have to go through this. So lots of sad faces and virtual hugs happening here and being sent your way.

mike bautista

I'm going to hug my dog in the morning.

digsy

aw, i'm so sorry. i went through exactly this only a week ago, it's heartbreaking :-(

westicles

Thank you guys, this really sucks.

jess4002

oh no, weston! i'm so sorry. :(

sonmi

lemonalle

hugs

That is so sad-- I'm sorry.

marblecargirl

Aww hon, I'm so sorry. There is nothing that is quite like losing a pet. It's a really hard thing to go through :(. I'm sending you all the hugs in the world.

westicles

Thanks guys. It's going to be really different around the house now.

the czar

Sorry man

wullagaru

i know what youre feeling Ive had a few pets die and it sucks every single time

murraymullet

Hey Weston hope you are feeling better. I was in your shoes about 4 years ago and that is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I feel for you man.

No account?