Close
One second...

hail is an appropriate homophone.

So a few items of mine are missing because of a drunken saturday a few weekends ago...

It was a necessary celebration though because one of my best guy friends was finally graduating! ...so i went back to the college town and acted appropriately...

My favorite leather bracelet is gone. My kershaw rainbow knife is gone. My gate remote for the parking garage is gone.

I'm a winner at life!!

Also, more excitement: I got caught in a huge hail storm on Sunday. I know, I know..."watch the weather channel, dumbass!" Which I did...so I was heading around the peripheral area and wasn't in the main meat of the storm, however, the hail still found me...

hiding under the overpass:

looks like snow...in may...

spiderwebs?

underneath that wiper is a giant hole...

not complaining...it makes life interesting...but it was still scary!

p.s. my nephew, cayden, is getting gigantic!

also, here's a video of the hail from that day...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Watch this
taz-pie

wow did the hail do that damage to your windscreen?

kashlen

you could say that...as well as the rest of the car...there are even dents on the SIDES that are just as bad as the top of the car.

i'm just lucky nothing came through the sunroof.

The rain started coming down and I knew there was hail but I was outside of the area they said it was going to be...that said i was still concerned, so to be safe I was headed for the next exit from the highway i was on so I could get to some sort of cover...as I was on the exit ramp the first 3 giant pieces hit the windshield...

i almost hyperventilated. I thought the whole thing was going to cave in on me...life would really have sucked. haha

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

holy crap! how big was the hail? it hailed here a few years ago and it was such a scary/surreal sound. like a bunch of golf balls being thrown on our roof.

kashlen

baseball sized, at least!

kashlen

and it was more like gunshots than golf balls haha.

there are several cars with windows smashed in as well as houses with no windows intact

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

Holy crapola!

kashlen

that's definitely an accurate response.

kashlen

everyone needs to watch that video because its awe-inspiring

courtney pie

hail is not fun and hurts

kashlen

I haven't had it hit me....just my vehicle :(

SuperRyan