ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

You sir are a genius!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

amazing work as always 5$$$

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

liking the smoke rising from the gothic nuclear reactor to make homer. awesome work!

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

WOOOOO! 5$

Real World

I'm so tired of pop culture crap. Yes, this is amazingly drawn but so what? Where's the concept? The Simpson's as monsters. Hooray.

Besides, I already saw this in the last Halloween special.

hisartwork
hisartwork profile pic Alumni

BAD ASS!!!!

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

LOVE! $5

psykomakia

Real World on May 17 '10 I'm so tired of pop culture crap.

Yeah! Do a design about James Joyce already!

(5$)

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

wow! $5

Real World

what's good about this besides the execution?

Lishoffs

Awesome! 5++

arzie13
arzie13 profile pic Alumni

Real World Umm... The concept.

bengineer
bengineer profile pic Alumni

agree with the others about wanting to see more original concepts from you but still can't score this anything but $5 ;)

Real World

arzie13 Umm... What concept.

Real World

And no offense at all to buko - he's, by far, one of the best designers on this site. Just getting tired of the same old "let's make pop culture icons look like something else" trick. He's capable of so much more.

But I'll hold my tongue in the future so I don't offend the sensitive tless community. Sorry!

pjbrick7

could be pushed a little farther, maybe the two interacting somehow but the execution is superb as always. $4

tadstick

fantastic tee! nice idea!

perryn

So awesome.

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

so lazy AND a concept rip

brentendo

Just getting tired of the same old "let's make pop culture icons look like something else" trick.

agreed, the design is brilliant, but it's not getting my dollars

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

you are so damn good man $5

psykomakia

randyotter3000 on May 17 '10 so lazy AND a concept rip

How is it lazy?

randyotter3000

just because something seems techinically well done doesnt mean its not lazy

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

This is amazing and you're one of the best. 5$

MidwesternSongs

I feel all this criticism is unjustified. sometimes people need to take a step back from the opinionation (I know thats not really a word) and just appreciate something for what it is. This design is incredibly well done, we all know it and I feel like no one can really successfully refute that. Seriously great work man keep it up.

MidwesternSongs

I feel all this criticism is unjustified. sometimes people need to take a step back from the opinionation (I know thats not really a word) and just appreciate something for what it is. This design is incredibly well done, we all know it and I feel like no one can really successfully refute that. Seriously great work man keep it up.

MidwesternSongs

sorry for the double comment (really wish you could delete those)

alexmdc

the pop culture hate seems a bit weird to me, I know some people just want to see ART but to each their own, it sells well and I think it's brilliant! buko has shown more then enough time he can do more then well enough without the pop culture reference, I think this design is amazing, and well executed, no need for people to trash it, it almost seems like jealousy. Look at the design for what it is, I understand when pop culture is done bad, but this is well thought out and executed perfectly!

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

I feel bad for buko for having so many problems with some comments lately. But I think too that they wouldn't criticize him if he weren't a threadless top5. Alex has expresed it perfectly, it seems jealousy.

Again, congrats for another brilliant design buko. No matter what a minority says.

Jebs
Jebs profile pic Alumni

i clearly agree with alexmdc! We are not making ART, we are making designs for tee shirt, and it's all about that, do you want to wear it...? do you think it's wearable?

Of course, the concept has to be strong, the design has to be a minimum well drawn, and using Pop CUlture has to have a sense...i think that here, Buko makes all that: Amazingly done, conceptually good (not of course a stunning concept, but strong enough IMO), and prettywearable! what else?

well, 5$$$

Santo76
Santo76 profile pic Alumni

awesome mashup!

randyotter3000

Im pressuming you were too busy being patronizing to click the image link up there then

alexmdc

I mean it's still art :) but yeah people tend to forget what the medium they're designing for is tshirts and not a painting, I love seeing all type of work, but I think buko is dead on with the audience and whats he's working for, and thus makes it more marketable and not surprisingly climbing to the top non stop of most printed around here :)

alexmdc

I mean it's still art :) but yeah people tend to forget what the medium they're designing for is tshirts and not a painting, I love seeing all type of work, but I think buko is dead on with the audience and whats he's working for, and thus makes it more marketable and not surprisingly climbing to the top non stop of most printed around here :)

cucacolor

THIS IS AWESOME, BEST SO FAR!

pickupRINGO

you are the man 5$$

randyotter3000

whether it is art, a tee shirt or whatever, it still represents the designer the person wearing it and the threadless community and as part of that I am always going to have a problem with trying to make money off other peoples work regardless of that persons talent. If picasso walked in here and painted me luke skywalker I would ask why the hell is he doing it because he is far more talented than that (also dead), yet the irony being it would still sell for thousands and thousands. So sure churn out vaguely different parodies if you so wish but I doubt it will feel as good as creating something that is truly yours.

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Awesome work! 5$!

Jebs
Jebs profile pic Alumni

alexmdc: eheh, sometimes, it's Art, i'm ok with that, but firstly, we are not supposed to make art on Threadless, that's a "plus", that's an extra indeed...but Mainly, i'd say we try to make "Cool T shirt to wear", don't we?

and this one by Buko is cooooool!
(By the way, just received Monkey Business in Hoody, that's a killer alex, YOU are a killer)

copycow

Okay so definitely great used of software and techniques, but what’s the concept? Why is it that “Homer” is coming out as smoke from some kind of an antique nuclear power plant? And “Marge” is excelling out of the water? And why are they both portrayed as a Frankenstein creature? Design is about making things work not about making things pretty. But again great work just put a meaning into it. 2.1!

Real World

It's incredibly illustrated but it's been done before (refer to the link above), similar to the star wars one he did. Just want to see Buko go back to his ROOTS when his stuff was fresh and original. That's all.

That said, he's still one of my fave artists on this site. Calm down, people. Just being honest. I know the truth is hard to swallow but quit taking things so personally. Buko is great. And he will continue to be.

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

copycow. I disagree completely with you

rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I think the title explains the concept and the execution is top notch - as usual. I agree with alexmdc and jebs and I do think Buko should do whatever he wants cuz everything he does is nothing but amazing.

dlincoln83
dlincoln83 profile pic Alumni

"antique nuclear power plant" =Homer worked at a power plant and the Franken monster was created in a dungeon...smash them together.

LOVE THIS 5$$$

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

wow looks great 5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us