Close
One second...

On the nostalgia of flying

• by sidepull
  • posted Apr 27, 2010
  • 20 Comments

I remember pretending I had super powers as a little kid. It made running home from school an adventure because I could fly, jump buildings, burn through things with laser vision, or even turn invisible. Maybe I did. Maybe I was really a superhero in training and I've just lost my way. What if that's the case? Maybe that happened to you? Hopefully this shirt will help us reclaim some of our powers from the dastardly grips of the evil Dr. Talento and his group of henchmen err, mothers.

Watch this
bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Congrats! Great Slogan. My mom already bought one for her and my dad to wear as well. She said it was the "BEST MOTHER'S DAY PRESENT EVER!!"

sidepull

Funny. I've been promoting it as a mother's day gift too. I never would have thought about that when I submitted it August last year.

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Congrats dude!

tadstick

big congrats!
excellent/awesome super powers slogan!
:D

sidepull

Thanks!

sidepull

Uh … so did this sell out?

rhythmdev9

typeface fail??

pixelhero

Copyrights my friends DC owns everything When you want to use the word "Super" better do your research first

sidepull

Really - that's what killed it? How would I get an official notice from Threadless.com?

bortwein

Did this really get pulled due to copyright?

bortwein

:( the other festa on May 03 '10 at 11:39am we received a strongly worded letter from DC Comics/Warner Bros. We are trying to bring this one back, but it will be off of the site in the meantime.

sidepull

Yep, that's the deal. Just got the email. :(

I wonder if any of them were actually shipped?

rhythmdev9

i'm kinda impressed with how quickly DC discovered this...

makes me think they (or some proxy there of) check Threadless every Monday

bortwein

sidepull on May 03 '10 at 12:13pm Yep, that's the deal. Just got the email. :( I wonder if any of them were actually shipped? Just got the email as well. I hope they can work things out.

I got my order.

sidepull

Bort - glad that someone got them!

mitchellp
mitchellp profile pic Alumni

According to this blog, it looks like Soloyo got one too, but he may have used the actual store and not the website

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

They don't own super powers. If that was the case how is Marvel allowed to operate? Do they have to call their people special heroes?

sidepull

Ross - I was thinking that too. I wonder if it was a combination of the typeface and the word "super"?

I have a friend that's a huge comic book collector and he was really pissed when he heard about this.

No account?
Join Us