Close
One second...

Spencer Harrison you are SUPER!

• by bortwein
  • posted Apr 26, 2010
  • 21 Comments

Congrats Spencer! I'm so glad I got a chance to work on this slogan. I had fun with it and I can't wait to order a copy of the shirt for myself.

Dear Threadless: Why no Kid sizes? I was looking forward to buying a copy of this for my Daughter in a kids 2T size. :(

Updated my website to Feature this design. Hooray!

Watch this
rbthatcher
rbthatcher profile pic Alumni

Way to go! I wonder the same thing about a lot of the prints...I guess they can't print 'em all on kids sizes!

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

good work, dudes!

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

now that I have a kid to buy kid sized shirts for, none of the designs I have gotten printed are on kid sizes. :(

rbthatcher

My daughter just turned 8, so she'll be getting into the girls smalls soon enough, I guess.

bortwein

Lucky. I did that size comparison as well to see if I could get the girls XS for my daughter but she is already smaller than the average kid her age so she would probably be 10 by the time the girls XS fits her. So if they still have these in stock in 2020 then I think I could pick one up for her. ;)

rbthatcher

Oh...I forgot to mention how much I like this type treatment!!! SO GOOD!

sidepull

Yep. I'm pretty surprised. This was one of my first subs. I had actually totally forgotten about it and then I saw the weekly newsletter and I thought "wow, that design sounds really similar to something I subbed a while ago." I was shocked to see my name attached. Pretty exciting!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Very nice slogan and the Illustration makes it even better.
One of my favorites.
Congrats

sidepull

So bort, how does this work. The powers that be contact you and say, "hey, would you like to design the layout for this slogan?" Just curious about the process. You did a great job!

bortwein

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say how it works. Threadless is letting the Alumni a chance to design the type tees now. It's not a guaranteed print so we need to do something worth printing.

Did Threadless not tell you that your slogan got printed? Don't you get cash for getting it printed or something?

sidepull

Hah! That's funny that they'd be secretive about it. I think you did a wonderful job.

Yeah, I was sent an email recently but it was to an account that I rarely use, so I only became aware of it when I received the weekly newsletter. I win a $100 gift certificate. Not to be greedy, but I wish it was double that - I'd sign up for the shirt of the month club.

Again, great work.

I do think it's odd that it's not available for kids though.

bortwein

You'll also get the $500 cash, so use some of that to sign up for the 12 month club.

the other festa

we received a strongly worded letter from DC Comics/Warner Bros. We are trying to bring this one back, but it will be off of the site in the meantime.

No account?
Join Us