Close
One second...

girls versus guy's small t-shirt sizes (pictures)

since i have several girls sizes of a certain shirt, i thought i would do this in hopes of bringing more clarity to the girls versus guy's small dilemma. it's still not completely clear, but hopefully it helps a bit.

girl's medium versus guy's small:

girl's large versus guy's small:

girl's x-large versus guy's small:

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
zimfreak

Boys are huge.

whylime

genious

ir0cko

thanks, julia!

jublin

very good. i tried to buy a girly x-large for myself once, but as you are already aware... it was too small.

juliejeremiah

Major diff. is really in the sleeves on FOTL - that and the mega shrinkage of American Apparel.

sonmi

yeah, the sleeves are much smaller on the girl's x-large, otherwise it seemed the same size. but yes, the shrinkage is another factor.

thenew_zero

I have a few guys small that seem much longer than that (they're longer than my girly L and XL when I wear them, anyway).

thenew_zero

color seems to be a factor also. I have a black FOTL small that fits much tighter than any of the others.

starr226

this exercise implies that you might have too much spare time on your hands, julia.

squirelgurl

hmm...I'm gonna get guy smalls when the girly small/medium is out

Thievery

Thats actually interesting to see, as I have bought a variety of sizes and tried my bfs small guys ones too. It's also interesting because he has shirts in the same size that vary too. It's kinda a lucky dip... but i don't complain unless it's totally out. I can fit 3 sizes... depends on which colour as to which size I order (that may sound weird... but you know, tight white is not really for me.)

thenew_zero

it shows she's very helpful too, though!

thedrummachine

yeah haha i was RIGHT about to say that color also affects it.

sonmi

ha ha, perhaps so.

but yeah, death was the compared guy's small.

Thievery

I have a guys small that i don't really like to wear... I roll up the sleeves to try make it better.

thenew_zero

squirelgurl: you'd be better off getting a girly large and shrinking it... the guys FOTL shirts don't shrink much.

starr226

it does she that she's helpful. and that it seems to have helped so many people I would like to change my post.

"The response to this exercise tells me there's not enough people around here with REAL dilemmas in their lives. Also, too much spare time. "

thenew_zero

juliejeremiah: if you're still reading this blog, did you get STPs about a week back? Those mighta been from me... I never know when it works or not.

squirelgurl

yeah but I get guy shirts all the time
I like the baggyness of guys shirts so yeah
pluss I sew shirts to make them smaller

iPear

jesus christ, girls are small.

mad cat

Great idea, Julia! Thanks!

sonmi

and that is a good thing, starr ;>

thenew_zero

then you're much more creative than me. I just give em away if they don't fit right...

sonmi

i'm glad to see that this is somewhat helpful, even if there are slight variations between some guy's smalls.

squirelgurl

lol, pluss I'm really into clothes and try to make them special

spencekarl

hopefully my guys large of monday!!! will show up tomorrow...

sonmi i had three threadless sightings last weekend in new york. two of them were your shirts (electromagnetic and fahrenheit)

sonmi

ha, that's so cool spence! i've been told there's someone in my city with an electromagnetic shirt. it would be weird to see them on the street!

starr226

it IS a good thing, jules.
it just makes me terribly jealous...no violently jealous. envious?

Thievery

I just went and experimented... I have a girly Large that is now smaller than one of my girly mediums. Interesting.
Could also be that I have washed the large more times than the medium.

realslimnatey

oh this is so cool! i really really like that lime color, i might have to buy another one of these shirts in a girly xl, thanks sonmi!

jar_bombadillo

those shirts shrink a lot. i didn't realize till i already owned like 20 girly mediums that after a couple washes they can get pretty small. Especially my I __ NY shirt

sonmi

oh, starr! your posting here shows you have some free time about you, too ;>

and no problem nate!

thievery- yeah, aa shrinks so much. my first threadless purchase was a girl's small outbreak girl, and i could no longer wear it after a few washes (too short). so now i just get mediums.

thedrummachine

light blue seems to run small.

chisafer

I can totally tell a difference. Just like when women get haircutes, I can totally tell.

thenew_zero

I envy you mediums. i mostly buy girly large, but with my height (6ft) any shrinkage means I've got to wear a tank underneath. arr.

realslimnatey

wait julia, is this pre-wash!?

Lavina

It seems to me that the biggest/only difference is the sleeves.

How idiotic.

starr226

me posting here shows that i'm stuck at work during a quiet period.

with my free time i knit realistic "soft sculptures" of former presidents.

sonmi

haha, chisafer.

yeah, height is an issue with the girl shirts !

nate- yeah... i don't wash my shirts once (or twice, like some people do!) before i wear them.

badnobe

thanks.this is a good blog.

sonmi

haha! oh man. i hope they double as masks. that just makes me wish we had more presidents with giant beards. i think those would look nice knitted.

Thievery

I have to wear a tank underneath alot of mine from shrinkage too. I think I've finally sorted out which ones will fit me the longest.

sonmi

rachel you stringbean!

starr226

you could wear them as masks, but you'd have to really fight to get it on. then, you'd also run the risk of suffocation and/or the dreaded "yarn mouth effect."

sonmi

you could probably breath through a straw... you could pretend it was a swanky pipe.

sonmi

weird. i thought i read another blog about giants being longer than other shirts.

actually, i noticed monday!!! to be a lot longer than other shirts i own. so that may be a problem in this comparison chart.... hmmm

in other news, i wore my own shirt today. it felt so wrong.

realslimnatey

nate- yeah... i don't wash my shirts once (or twice, like some people do!) before i wear them.

oh crapola! i had no idea you saw that, hahahaha! i cant even tel you why i had to, uh, gotta go, see ya later!

sonmi

you're on thin ice!

shatteredglass88

What else I also noticed about size differences is that I have some girly shirts that say 100% cotton while others say 50/50 Cotton Polyester.

That affects the shrinkage.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?