Close
One second...

When Dairy Goes Bad...

When dairy goes bad, it can get messy...

My first sub critique - I appreciate any and all ideas.

Cheers!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
AveriaRose

Cheers!

AveriaRose

I agree, they're just floating at the moment. I'm seriously considering designing a fridge shelf for them to be positioned on, but I wonder if people will ask why an ice cream cone is sitting on the shelf of a fridge..? And, with that in mind, I could use eggs, but they're technically poultry, not dairy... Ugh! Any ideas, anyone?

MeredithSerena

haha I like it. I would try doing the fridge thing. Who cares if icecream is in the fridge cuz he's dead anyways! Maybe they dragged him in there!

AveriaRose

Thanks you guys! I will work on that. =)

AveriaRose

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the colours to 8 (after completing the design)? I used what I thought was only 8 but due to who-knows-what (I'm still learning all this Photoshop technical stuff), it came out a whopping number higher. I tried to research it, but to no avail....
Thanks!

thewiggum37

You can always play w/ the hue/saturation, or filters... But to be honest i wouldn't worry about it so much, stick with ur design 1st and if people follow they my put it through... cool design, i hate when dairy goes bad... check out mine too:
http://www.threadless.com/critique/65822/Pulse

AveriaRose

Cheers!

AveriaRose

Any suggestions/changes for the position on the shirt? Thanks!

studioryn

Thanks for critiquing mine!
This is a really cute idea, but I agree with RandomHappenstance that the dairy products are really small right now. Also where they are positioned on the shirt right now they're going to get lost in the armpits (or if a girl is wearing it partially under her boobs.) So bigger, higher, and closer to the center of the t-shirt. (Adding the fridge background was a really good idea btw).

Martinbot

Yeah, you have to think that you are designing on a flat shirt. When you wear it, the sides disappear.

I would more the ice cream back to the center bottom. And I can't see what the ice cream is holding (too small!). Also, maybe draw full arms instead of stick arm.

FPMacGinty

Really cool design!
and to make the characters bigger, you could emphasize the milk and cheese by bringing them to the front and centering them, then move the ice cream in between them but to the background

novaduck

Very cute idea! I also think you could make the milk and cheese a bit bigger.

cescobresco

yep, ande i think u should work on the milk and cheese eyes..there's something unfinished about that, but can't tell u why.
u should also change the melted ice cream....i think it whould be funnyer if it was dropping down

can someone help?t

AveriaRose

Cheers!

AveriaRose

Ok, I have repositioned the ice cream to the back and made the cheese and milk larger and more the centre of focus. Also, I simplified the eyes of milk and cheese because some of you had said the other eyes were a bit strange. If this change doesn't work, do let me know.
Thanks again for your help!!
-f

dracwy

great work!! so much better than the original. i thought the pistol ought to be bigger. i had to zoom in to see what exactly it was. good work nevertheless!! check out mine and give me your comments if you have time. thanks! http://www.threadless.com/critique/66192/Zipper

jenniferkehl

This is great! I think the size of the pistol isn't too bad, and I love the meat cleaver...although it would be funny if the milk was holding the pistol because the cheese has holes in it...but the shirt is awesome!

you should check mine out!

Wanna Meet My Twins?

novaduck

Haha, I just had a funny idea (you can take this seriously or not, it doesn't matter), what if the milk was holding a cheese slicer!! Haha! Other than that, I would say to lower the image on the shirt, it's too high. I like it!!

Please score my design at:
http://www.threadless.com/submission/267842/Pantera_leo_carta

ibeenthere

lol!
this is funny!
maybe end the prespective lines sooner so it wont get cut off by the sides of the shirt.

please check out mine:)
Owl Commando

jcherry

Nice progression, much better than the original. I agree witn ibeenthere, end the lines sooner, so they won't get cut off. And maybe try adding some shadows to the milk/cheese/icecream?

One more thing, maybe I'm overthinking it, but why is the icecream in the refrigerator -- wouldn't it melt; maybe try a yogurt or something?

Crit mine? Hillfolk Hoedown...

AveriaRose

Cheers!

AveriaRose

Ok, I've added shadows, taken away the ice cream's weapon (it was a sling shot, but too small to see), and moved it all down a bit. How is it now?

shepard08

i likeit and it looks good, but you might try moving the whole picture down a quarter of an inch or so just to help center it. otherwise its good!

FalloutGear

I love the idea, very funny. I don't think the lighting is dramatic enough for a faceoff to the death. Maybe put that one refrigerator light in and have it casting harsh shadows. Also, the bottles in the background look like shampoo, not like something you'd find in a fridge. You can probably take the text off of the milk carton too, I think everyone will know what it is. And this might be nitpicking, but why is an icecream cone in the refrigerator instead of the freezer?

Evan_Luza
Evan_Luza profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I like the idea however I dont get the icecream in the background, also the faces are a little simple.

Shryquill

interesting but needs work, id change faces and fix up shapes

brazziga

Hey I really love your design, the concept is wonderfull, but I think that it needs to be more semplify, do you know what I mean?

MaGoogals

Cool idea, may need more detail/shading.

jenniferkehl

I like the placement way better. I like that there's a dead dairy product in the background...my only beef is that ice cream goes in the freezer not the fridge... but that's just nit-picky :)

AveriaRose

Hi, thanks for helping!! Ok, as you can see from previous versions, I've changed the faces, took out Mr. Ice Cream and replaced him with an egg that's been shot (since, as many pointed out, there was no reason for ice cream to be in the fridge to begin with!). Also, I added bandanas to the cheese and milk to make them more menacing (did it work?) Do let me know what you think!! Cheers =)

elliemaybe

this is awesome! i think the blue works best with the fridge. be careful with the gradients on your shelves, gradients can't be silkscreened and threadless has been known to decline submissions over sillier stuff.

Critique me back?

AveriaRose

Hi again! Alright, you can see from the earlier versions that I used to have ice cream, but logic got the better of me and I took it out. Now I've got an egg that's been shot. And I've changed the faces and removed the gradient on the fridge shelves. I think I'm getting toward the end, so any ideas for improvement would be awesome. Thanks so much in advance!!!

jackowacko

Ooo Yes, this looks so much cleaner without the gradient. One last thing, the perspective of the rectangle thingy on the milk carton looks a lil bit off. It shouldn be a 90 degree angle. U've got the base of the milk carton right. and what's tt white ball hanging from milk's head band? heh just minor tweaks and you'r SET!! please help me with mine when you'r free? thanks : )

jackowacko

Oh you know that rectangle thing with three stripes. two white and a grey inbetween? the bottom line is too horizontal. you know bout vanishing point? I dont know how to explain it to you cause i cant point at it physically. haha i've put a link, I hope you get it a lil better, it's like the line should be almost parallel to the base of the milk carton. heh ping me again if you dont really get it. lol I'll try to explain further : )

http://www.lordbills.com/userimages/perpsective8example3.jpg

AveriaRose

Cheers!

jackowacko

YES! haha You've got it! heh perspective is much better. it's not an eyesore anymore! looks good to submit to me :)

AveriaRose

Woops, I forgot to change the designs on the t-shirt examples, so just focus on the larger one. Thanks so much for the help everyone!!

elliemaybe

I just noticed your shadows... those are neat. Sub the crap out of this and let me know when it's up!! :)

AveriaRose

Thanks y'all! Ok, actually I have two really important questions before i submit... 1) How the heck do I change my thumbnail? It's left over from when I had ice cream and not an egg. and, 2) How do I limit it to 8 colours? There are really only 8 visually, but I accidentally have tiny variations where it got messed up in the editing process, and PS says I have like over 200. Ugh! Does it have to be perfectly 8 to submit it if the only differences are little variations? Thanks to all who can answer, and I appreciate any last minute critiques!

elliemaybe

Photoshop will always tell you you ahve more colour sbecause it's a raster program and pixels are square, so in order to make curves or diagonal lines it has to render lighter shades of a colour to make it appear normal. Don't worry about it for now - it looks like your design has 8 colours, you have the 8 intended colours included, should be fine.

You can't change a thumbnail, but you CAN resubmit as a design instead of using the "push this into the running" link. Then you can resubmit with a new thumbnail - it doesn't affect your submission at all.

Just a personal preference - I'd pick 1 or 2 colours instead of having 4 options, it takes focus away from the design. The blue and grey are my personal favourites (the pink and yellow don't convey "cold" as well).

Please let me know when this one is up for scoring, I really like it and will give it a $5. :)

elliemaybe

The 1 or 2 colours comment was in reference to the t-shirt colours, not the design. :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?